For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A Night At Merlotte's

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

A Night At Merlotte's Empty A Night At Merlotte's

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Walking into Merlotte's an hour after the sun had set for the evening. There was a calm and cooling breeze in the air. Laughter filled the bar and restaurant as Sam stood behind the bar serving pitchers of beer to the customers. The smell of greasy food filled my nose as Lafayette prepared meals in the kitchen, his voice echoing as he hummed to some song on the radio that blasted across the bar.

No one turned to stare at me as they had been accustomed to my presence at the bar. I scanned the bar listening to who was here that i recognized. I picked out the voices of Holly, Terry Bellefleur and Arlene.

Sookie was not working tonight, i felt a pang of sadness at the thought. I had not heard from Sookie in a couple of days as she told me she wanted to be alone. But hoping that she would be working, would give me the chance to see her, even if i could not talk to her. Sam nodded to me as he noticed my presence, sighing frustratingly as he poured Bud Dearborne another beer.

I walked slowly over to an empty booth that would have been in Sookie's section of tables. Sliding into the booth, my hands clasped together as i placed them on the table. Listening in around me, i could hear several conversations about Football and two young females talk about Sookie's brother Jason Stackhouse.

Staring around me, waiting for a waitress. I heard Sam call Arlene over to take my order. As she exited the kitchen with two baskets of french fries. She walked over swiftly to the booth next to mine and slid them across the table to the two young males.

She pulled out her note pad and pen and she wearily walked over towards me. She was still very unsure of Vampires as Sookie had told me on several occasions. I brought a broad smile to my face and she stood before me, hoping to rid her of her worries.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

A Night At Merlotte's Empty Re: A Night At Merlotte's

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:12 pm

‎"Lafayette! Table 4 needs their french fries. How long does it take to make french fries?"

I tapped my finger on the kitchen hatch counter, my finger nails drumming against the marble worktop. Tucking a strand of red hair behind my ear as i waited as Lafayette drained the oil from the fries.

"Lafayette! Come on!

"Hookah You will wait your mother fuckin turn!" he smirked back at me.

Dropping the baskets of french fries in front of me, i picked them up in my hands and walked away from the hatch.

"Bitch!" He called out after me

Rushing the order of fries to table 4, two young males that had dropped in on the way through the town, were laughing among themselves. I placed their fries on the table and noticed that Vampire Bill was sitting waiting to be served.

Vampires!

I pulled out my pad and pen, forcing a smile across my face as i walked over to his booth. Leaning back on one leg as i waited for hos order.

"What can i getcha?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:22 pm

I smiled at her as she waited to take my order, leaning back into the uncomfortable chair. My eyes caught sight of the two young gentlemen in the booth next to me. Both of them looked like they were in their mid-twenties. Both dressed in dark blue washed jeans and plaid shirts. There heads turning to catch the sight of a vampire in the bar.

"I will have a True Blood, AB positive please Arlene"

I smiled at her as i could sense her uneasiness as she wrote down my order on her pad.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:32 pm

‎"AB Positive"

I scribbled down neatly onto my pad, i could see that the guys on table four were watching intensively as i wrote down the order. My eyes locked onto his as he smiled at me again. Turning swiftly and headed towards the bar. Just as i reached the bar Sam had already begun placing the the bottle of True Blood into the microwave. He waited patiently for the blood to warm. I tapped my pencil on the edge of the bar, waiting. Lost in my own trace of thoughts, Sam slid the bottle of blood onto my tray.

I took the tray from Sam and headed back over towards Bill. As i stood by his table i took a napkin from the tray and plopped it on to the table and lifted the warm bottle of blood and placed it upon the napkin.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 pm

‎"Thank you Arlene" watching as the placed the bottle of True Blood in front of me. It wasn't the most pleasant taste in the world, but it would suffice. Raising the bottle to my lips and the thick synthetic blood slid down my throat, quenching my thirst. As the last dropped drained into my mouth, i placed the bottle back onto the table.

Seconds later one of the rednecks from table four had joined me at my table. His face unshaven, with dark circles under his eyes, his hair a ratty brown with shades of grey mixed through it.

"So your the vamp this bar has been talking bout" he quizzed "The one that the crazy waitress is fuckin"

He turned to Arlene as she gasped as what they were saying.

"So you fuckin the read head? Cause she looks kinda over the hill if you catch me"
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:15 pm

"How dare you. I gots myself a husband and kids! I ain't no fangbanger *turns to Bill* No offence.

I took the empty bottle of True Blood from the table and stormed back over towards the bar, slamming the empty bottle and watched as the bottom cracked from the force.

"Sam, I am taking a break"

I untied my apron strings and stomped back towards Sam's office. I needed to cool down, i could feel my blood boil beneath my skin. Well there would be no tips from table 4 I scowled.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:44 am