For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A Gift for Tara

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

A Gift for Tara Empty A Gift for Tara

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 am

*Waking yet again, a few hours before sunset. I make my way upstairs from the dank dark basement. Showered and dress, I made my way into the front of the bar. The place would open in a few hours, there must be something I can do. Ginger was behind the counter, cleaning as always. "Girl, don't you ever go home?" The thought of her being there all day while we slept kinda freaked me out. It felt like she was some kind of vampire peeping Tom. When I was human, I could always tell when someone was watching me sleep but as vampire, the fucking bar could burn to the ground and I wouldn't even know. "Naw Miss Tara, there always seems to be a mess to clean up around here" she said as she made her way around the counter, handing me a bottle of Tru Blood. Thanking her I take a seat at the bar "Where's Violet?" Ginger tells me that she is off picking up Pam's dry cleaning and should be back soon. Picking up my bottle I head towards the back "Oh and Tara, Vi left something for you on Mr. Northman's desk. It's a big box" I tell Ginger that I was talk to her later and make my way to Eric's office. There sitting on his desk was a big brown box with my name wrote across the side. Walking over to the box, I sit my empty bottle down and lift the lid up off the box. Inside was things from my house. How the hell? Pam must have sent Violet there knowing that I was missing my home. My iPod, some photos from my bedroom, my favorite oversized T-shirt. I continued to pull things from the box, smelling each items. Wow, I really do miss my home. I lift a pair of old jogging pants and under them, laid a old worn leather book. My lyric book. Picking up the book I hold it to my chest. A smile spreading across my face. "Thank you Pam" I whisper and continue to hold the book tight*

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:19 pm