For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

More trouble?

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

More trouble? Empty More trouble?

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Sam closed his phone as he hung up with Luna. She was frantic, again. Petrified of the reporters on her lawn, the ones calling, she was the talk of the town. He sighed as he headed for the door, keys in hand. The bar was taken care of now, if he could only get Luna out of public eye. Life would be hard for her. Leave it to Maxine Fortenberry, town gossip. He'd watched her be interviewed on the 11 o'clock news. "Why yes, I recognize her...she's sometimes in the bar, I think she's dating the owner...Sam...Sam Merlotte. You know, weird people they are. I shoulda know something was out there sides vampers. Are they dangerous? What are they exactly...oh! Do you think Sam can do what she did too? Pod people maybe..."

He shook his head and turned it off before she could go on. She'd given the reporter her name and now, her front yard was a circus. As he pulled in, honking the horn for men with cameras to move, feeling himself get angrier. -Get out the damn way!- Sam shouted as he broke through the crowd. -Just go the hell away, there is NO story!- He said as he slammed her door.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

More trouble? Empty Re: More trouble?

Post by Luna Garza Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:34 pm

She was sitting on the couch, the curtains pulled tightly shut and the TV going louder than usual. Emma was in her bedroom doing last minute homework. She heard Sam and looked over at him when he walked in. "They've been here all day. I hope they leave tonight because I don't know how I'll get Emma to school on time tomorrow."

They wanted her to do an interview. A freaking INTERVIEW for Christ's sake! Like she was some sort of national icon or some shit. "Pfffft." She looked at Sam and sighed, stood and walked over to him to peek out the door. Camera's flashed.

"They're like freaking vultures."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:40 pm

He stood facing the door, his forehead against the wood. -I know...I know.- He sighed and turned taking her into his arms and pulling her close. His lips found hers immediately as the force pushed his back against the door, tangling his hands in her hair. He pushed her away slightly and broke the kiss, breathless almost. -I missed you, baby.-

It had been a few weeks since the night she'd shifted into Steve, then ultimately shifted on air back to herself. She was violently ill for almost a week that time, and he made her promise to never skin walk again, unless it was life or death, because the next time could mean her death. -The way I see this...you have two options. Give them a damn interview, or leave with me. Right now. Move in with me at the trailer, you and Emma.- He said as he held her hands in his.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm

"Wha.... What??" Move in with him? He didn't have nearly enough room in his little trailer for her and Emma to move in, not to mention she didn't want to give up her home. "I...." She frowned and looked at him before putting her head on his shoulder. "I don't want to do a damned interview. But you don't have nearly enough room in your trailer for me and Emma."

Why did making decisions have to be so hard? Why couldn't she be a little girl again.... Wait, that wasn't that great either. She rolled her eyes and sighed. "I guess I could do the interview..." She wouldn't admit it, but the fact that he had asked her to move in with him made her heart pick up just a bit. She was so used to not relying on anyone else but herself. Maybe it was time to stop being so afraid to give in.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Sam ran a thumb along her cheek. -I can't stress enough that I love you, and Emma. And I know its small, but we can make it work. I have that spare room I can convert into a room for Emma. Besides, you'd be closer to the school. And...we'd have more time together.- He said with a sideways grin, pulling her closer.

Truth was, he could care less if she gave an interview or not, they probably wouldn't leave her alone. He had been wanting her to move in, but was unsure how to approach the subject. He thought, maybe, that once the bar was taken care of he could put a down payment on a house...if things headed in the right direction. And he asked all the Gods, whomever was listening to please let it go in the right direction. This was the woman he loved and wanted to spend forever with. He had tons of money leftover from Sookie, that eventually he'd pay back even though she refused it. -Just....say yes.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Pulled her arm away, stepped back and looked up at him. "I'll think about it? How's that? I can't just up and move Emma out of the house, not to mention I really love it here. But I promise to think about it." She had missed him so much; it seemed like they never got to see each other anymore, especially since she had been sick; she had pretty much blocked the entire thing from her mind, not wanting to even think about how close she had been to dying. It was the closest she had ever been, actually.

Her eyes went to the couch and she walked over to sit on it; she was getting stronger, but she still got tired easily. "Let's just watch a movie for a bit. Maybe they'll leave in a bit." God, she could only hope.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Letting a sigh out as he nodded. -I understand. You're right...- He let her lead him to the couch as she suggested a movie. Doubting they'd leave anytime soon, he agreed. She put something in as he sat on the couch and waited for her to snuggle up next to him. Things were going in the right direction...sorta. He secretly prayed it wasn't a chick flick, as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders holding her close.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm