For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Another Step

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Another Step - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Step

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Feeling her head fall back, I press my advantage, dipping her back to crush her lips with my own...

"Thank you...and you smell delicious enough to eat..."

He gave her a smirk that left little question to his innuendo...

"...but we really have to talk about things, Jessica..."
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm

I let out a laugh as he dipped me back and kissed me. Looking into his eyes as he told me how I smelled good enough to eat and smiling wider. He mentioned needing to talk and I groaned playfully. "What about?" I was worried about what this talk would be about, unsure of how to read him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Quinn led Jessica to a set of chairs by the sealed bay windows and pulled a switch, scrolling the sun shield back and letting in the light of the moon. He opened the windows and let the fresh air blow through the room. He saw the expression on her face....

"No...not that....

He grinned...

"A much more pleasant subject...I think...."

He sat down with her, watching as the cool breeze made the tips of her hair dance..which sent his mind back to her dance at Fangtasia for a moment, but he pushed it from his mind...

"I want to know what you see as a future for us...your thoughts...simple as that. There is no right or wrong, I just want to talk...that's all..."

He looked in her eyes and left no question as to how he felt about her...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

I sat down in the chair across from him as the wind drifted in and blew my hair a bit. "I want to know what you see as a future for us...your thoughts...simple as that. There is no right or wrong, I just want to talk...that's all..." I knew where this was going, and I felt like my throat was closing up.

"I'm still.....piecing things together. There is still....something inside of me that won't let me take that step yet. Partially I still feel....broken. I really appreciate you being patient with me and I know that has to be hard for you but just know that I DO care, and I do want to see where this can go I just...." Holly's words replayed in my mind as I chewed the inside of my lip nervously.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

He leaned close, taking her hands...

"Jessica...I am not asking for some grand declaration... I am only asking your thoughts...we have accomplished a lot as far as testing boundaries...and found a few we should be careful around..."

He chuckled softly, blushing a bit...

"..and I just wanted to know how you see things. I am not asking you to rush, and yes, I am happy to wait..."

His eyes flicked to her throat as the light caught the pendant he had given her. He smiled, seeing that she was wearing it...

"I am going to say my peace, and then you can take all the time in the world for what you have to say, or simply say that you want to think on it for a while..."

He leaned down, kissing her hands.

"There are times when you find yourself wanting to run...I just want you to know that you can always run to me..."

He cleared his throat and pulled a small white box from his pocket...

"I want to discuss something very specific with you..."

He set the box on the table next to them, in plain view as he looked into her eyes...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

As he mentioned my necklace, I absentmindedly touched the necklace hanging around my neck and smiled. "Quinn, I know I can---" He took a small white box out of his pocket as I stopped moving and my body tensed up. I looked from the box to his eyes and then watched him place it on the table.

"Quinn..." My voice broke saying his name as I cleared my throat and actually felt like I needed oxygen. I was a vampire, no need to breathe and thank god because if that's what I thought it was I was going to flat line right here and now. My mouth was open as no words came out as I shook my head in disbelief not knowing what to say or what to expect.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Quinn looked into her eyes, reading her reaction, smiling softly.

"Yes, the box is for you. Just something that I thought you would enjoy having...but that can wait for now. What I want to say is more important than that..."

He took a deep breath and began...

"Jessica, we both know this has been a whirlwind of emotions and experience for both of us...we have come a long way in a shirt while...even with our choice to take things slower than some might. We have explored ideas that would never have occurred if we had not been together...and I look forward to exploring many more of them with you..."

He reached over and picked up the box, holding it in his hands gently...

"This is just a small token. Something to make sure you understand that you will always have a place here, in my life and in my arms..."

He smiled and placed the small white box in her hands, closing them around it. He brought his hands down into his lap, and watched her, smiling...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 pm

I looked down at the box and felt myself actually holding my breath. I looked back up at him and met his eyes, my stomach feeling a little sick. Was this what I thought it was? Could this man be asking me that question now? I hesitated for a few minutes as I looked down at the box and thought about a lot. What would I even say.....

Slowly opening the box as my eyes closed after seeing what was in the box. I chuckled a little and felt silly.

Another Step - Page 2 $(KGrHqQOKiIE3DzvZS2IBN5RoIEEEg~~_35

I took the key in my hand and smiled. Tiger stripes, nice touch. I inhaled deeply to compose myself and nodded. "You.....I....thank you." I had no words really.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Quinn smiled, and made a mental note that even though she thought it was something else...she opened the box. That spoke well of the future...

He chuckled as she looked at the key...

"Of course, My sweet Jessica. Why shouldn't the princess have a key to the castle? Now she can come and go as she chooses."

He pulled her to her feet and kissed her deeply, pulling her body against his own, just enjoying the closeness....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 pm

I giggled and shook my head as I clasped my hand around the key and looked up at him as he stood and pulled me to my feet, pressing his lips to mine and pulling me closely to him. Inhaling his scent in as I kissed him. I ran my tongue along his bottom lip and opened my eyes as I looked deep in his.

All was silent before I said, "I love....it. That was very considerate of you." Wrapping my arms around his chest and laying my head above his heart as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Quinn held her for a time, then led her back to the chairs...

As he sat down, Vincent walked up with the phone and a drink for each of them.

Quinn took the phone, listening to someone on the other end.

"Excellent...and you do not think the shifter suspects? perfect...Tell your crew they can expect a bonus in their accounts for a job well done..."

He handed the phone back to Vincent who promptly walked away, smiling...

Quinn smiled, chuckling and looked at Jessica without any explanation...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 pm

I took my blood from Vincent and thanked him as Quinn took his call. "Excellent...and you do not think the shifter suspects? perfect...Tell your crew they can expect a bonus in their accounts for a job well done..." After Victor left the room I looked back to him. "Shifter? You mean Sam?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Quinn glanced around playfully and leaned in, whispering..
    "You weren't supposed to hear that..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 pm

I grinned, "Well...I did." Smiling at him and replaying his conversation as I narrowed my eyes a little. "Wait...you hired those workers??" If he'd hired the workers to repair Sam's bar that would be the sweetest thing I'd heard. Sam deserved a handout, he was a great boss and a great man. His business had just began to pick up when Victor showed up and put a damper on things.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Quinn sighed...sometimes he forgot how sharp Jessica's mind was...

"Yes...he helped my mother in a hard time and we never had a chance to pay him back...please don't say anything..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:07 pm

I took a sip from my blood and set it down, standing and making my way over to sit in his lap. Leaning down to his ear as I whispered slowly, "Your secret is safe with me." Kissing his cheek and nibbling on his ear lobe as I softly traced the lines on the back of his neck.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Quinn watched her rise and move over, grinning when she sat in his lap. Her kiss was electric and her fingertips were like firebrands in his mind as she ran them across his neck.

He whispered softly...

"Do you work tonight?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 pm

I shook my head and smiled. "Nope, tonight is my night off. I haven't got anything to do." I said with a playfully bored sounding voice and grinned.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Quinn chuckled and ran a gentle hand along the curve of her back...

"Oh I'm sure we can come up with something..."

Quinn pulled her into a gentle kiss...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:30 am