For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Alone with my thoughts

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Alone with my thoughts Empty Alone with my thoughts

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 pm

I turned over and threw an arm over a pillow, opening my eyes to find Quinn not in bed. I smiled and grabbed his pillow, holding it close to me as I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent. Pathetic as it was, his familiar scent had become something that kept me calm. Something that made me feel....whole. So many thoughts swirling in my mind. A light tap on the door before it opened as Vincent entered with a smile. I grabbed the sheets and covered myself as I moved my hair from my face. "H-hi *clears throat* Hi Vincent." I smiled as he handed me a note and explained.

John has instructed me to make sure you are taken care of, I have a donor ready--one to which he specified for you. If you desire anything else, Miss Hamby, Please alert me at once.

I smiled and nodded as he ushered the donor in and left the room. Unfolding the piece of paper to see the carefully scripted words from my tiger, my hand went up to touch the necklace he gave me.

{"Dearest Jessica, I have been called away on business. If I happen to not be there when you wake, know that I'm thinking of you and will see you soon. Should not be long, but remember my home is yours. Vincent will get you anything you need." ~Always, Quinn.}

I pressed the note to my chest and closed my eyes, biting my bottom lip. Someone cleared their throat and I opened my eyes and felt a little embarrassed. "Oh, hello. You...must be my donor?" He smiled and nodded as he approached the bed. Almost instinctively he laid on the bed for me to access his thigh. He was very nice looking, but there was something....I couldn't...it was....

"Um, do you think....I could maybe just....bite your wrist?" I didn't know what was wrong with me, my favorite part was the thigh, but the only man I wanted to feed from there was Quinn. It was...sacred now. Held meaning. He looked a little stunned but nodded and sat up, offering his wrist to me. My fangs dropped into place as I struck the blue vein on his wrist and he flinched a little. Taking a few pulls into my mouth until I could hear his pulse slow, dropping his hand and licking my lips. I nodded to him as he stood and made his way out of the room. What did that mean?

I stood and looked down at my under garments and knew I needed more clothes. Bill and I still were not getting along and I just couldn't face him. Grabbing my phone I text one of the guards to ask if Bill was home, which he replied with "No, at Miss Griffen's in Baton Rouge." Perfect. I could go home, get what I needed and stay here. Until I was ready to talk to him again. Which may be a while. My head turned to look at the night stand as I looked at the small box I thought was....something totally different. What was happening. Trying to decipher all of my feelings was harder than I thought, especially since I didn't really know what being in love felt like. So how would I know that feeling? I grabbed the box and took the key as I rushed to my clothes and put my jeans and Merlotte's t-shirt back on, sliding the key in my pocket.

"Vincent?" I called out as I walked down the hall to the main room. "Yes, Miss Hamby?"

"I need a ride to Bill's, to pick up some things?"

"Right away." He retreated into another room and I could hear him speaking to someone. After a minute or two he led me outside where a black car pulled up. The driver, a huge, muscular guard opened the door and waited. "Wow...." And I thought Bill had high security....

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:30 am