For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Good-bye old life, Hello New

Rikki Mercer
    Rikki Mercer

Good-bye old life, Hello New Empty Good-bye old life, Hello New

Post by Rikki Mercer Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 pm

*she had gone back to her apartment and finished loading her truck. She looked around what had been her home for quite a long time. She couldn't believe that Alcide had asked her to move in with him, then asked her to marry him. She had never been so happy in her life. Finally, after all these years, she felt like she belonged somewhere, and she had never felt so loved or wanted. She was his second, and pack enforcer, but she didn't have to be that when she was alone with her wolf. Grabbing up the last two boxes, she carried them down and loaded them in the back seat. Running back up the stairs, she checked everything and made sure she had not missed anything. Locking the door behind her, she walked downstairs to the landlords apartment, and knocked, waiting for him to answer. She smiled when the door cracked open a couple inches, then a little wider when her landlord saw it was her. She handed him the keys to the apartment and the rent for the month.*

Thank you for everything, this should help, until you find someone to rent the apartment.

*The landlord looked up at her, and then at the envelope. Speaking in his cracking voice, from too many years of smoking and drinking "Thank you Rikki, and if you ever need a place to live again, come by and I will do all I can for you, be safe and good luck in your new life. Make sure that male of yours treats you with the love and respect you deserve, or I will come whoop him for you". Smiling at him she nodded*

You betcha I will, but I don't think you will need to do that. He treats me with nothing but love and respect. If he didn't, then I wouldn't be moving in with him, and I sure as hell would not have agreed to marry him. He is a kind, loving, generous man, so don't worry about me. You have my number if you need anything ok? please do not hesitate to call me.

*smiling, she waved as she walked out the door, and climbed into her truck. She looked back at the building, and the window of what had been her home. Cranking the truck, she backed out and headed towards Alcide's apartment, hoping to get everything unloaded and unpacked before he got home from the work site.*
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Good-bye old life, Hello New Empty Re: Good-bye old life, Hello New

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:25 pm

*Looking at his phone it's layoff time so I let out a shrill whistle, making a cutting motion across my neck, the guys start loading up their tools and heading out the gate for the fence that surrounds the job site. The guys tell me they will see me Monday morning. I smirked at them telling not if you can help it, we got back on time and recovered the budget so the owner in his gratitude gives me a trip for 2 to Las Vegas, a weeks worth. Bobby is the superintendent on the site he can run it while I squire my she wolf around the strip, playing in the playground of sin and decadence. They say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas this might be a time to try that. Pushing the papers on my desk into a drawer locking it. Grabbing my jacket, locking the door behind me as I head out to my truck, going home to my fiancee Rikki.*

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:42 am