For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Night Time Healing

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Night Time Healing Empty Night Time Healing

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Despite working long hours, and even going for a long night time jog Kiara couldn't clear her mind. Her wounds from her earlier altercation with Victor had healed, but the vampire had left scars in her subconscious that she was desperately trying to erase.

With a long sigh she lit the fireplace in her den. The warm orangle glow filled the room, doing nothing to soothe the aches in her mind. She returned to her kitchen where she'd left the crockpot on while she'd been at work and sure enough, her roast beef was done. Opening up a bottle of wine she poured herself a tall glass and put some food in a bowl before returning to the den. Perhaps the alcohol would dull her mind enough to banish the nightmares for once.

Night Time Healing 2aew0tg
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Night Time Healing Empty Re: Night Time Healing

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm

It still hadn't sunk in, that he and the Tiger had come to an agreement that they both had Jessica's best interests at heart and that he had come to believe that he was wrong and that he did not trust his progeny's instincts when she had told him about what had happened in his absence. He cursed himself as Quinn notified him that he would go in search of Jessica and bring her back home to the mansion to talk properly all three of them. Who would have thought that all the past between himself and the tiger would be squashed and all because of Jessica. He still did not care for the tiger, but for Jessica he would try his best. He had decided to go and visit Kiara as he needed too see that she was alright, he had too see her. As he climbed the steps to her front door, remembering vividly that she had embedded silver into her doors, quickly he knocked on the door, the silver burning the top layer of his skin as he waited for an answer.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Kiara blinked. She wasn't expecting company and immediately that put her on edge. She got up, picking up a silver coated wooden stake she kept at all times with her. As she approached the door she looked at the monitor by the side to see who it was. It was Bill, which struck her as odd.

Setting the stake down she unlocked and opened the door. "Bill... what are you doing here?" she asked curiously. Not that she felt he should leave, but she figured with all that had happened he'd be too busy trying to whip the state into shape than making house calls.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Bill waited until he heard some movement from the opposite side of the door as Kiara opened it and appeared shocked that he was standing on her door step.

"I needed too see you. I heard about Victor at Merlotte's. I had to know that you were safe" he let out in a whisper.

"May i come in?" he asked.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm

She nodded "Yes, of course, come in" she said as she opened the door more so he could walk in before she closed the door. "I regret to inform that I didn't kill Victor, and I assure you it's something I'm regretting dearly" she said as she walked back to her den, stake in hand, but just to put it back on the couch where she'd been sitting.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 pm

As he entered the property, he waited to follow Kiara as she led him to a den of some sort and took note that she carried a silvered stake in her hand.

"I can assure you that Victor will be taken care off, he is under surveillance as we speak. He shall not harm you again...That i promise you" he stood opposite her, unsure as to how comfortable she would be with his proximity.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 pm

She nodded and managed a small smile "I'm just glad no one got hurt. Not even Jessica whom by the way I'd school in the art of subtlety. She all but screamed at Victor how she was... how was it that she put it... the "Princess of Louisiana" and that he should do as she says" she said with a grin.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

He chuckled at her comment, it would seem that Jessica had taken to a role as 'Princess' as he being King. He folded his arms across his chest and let out a sigh.

"That would be Jessica, adapting in every possible way. Though i did not have time to ask her everything as we have parted on bad terms" he sighed again, not wanting to look into her glistening eyes.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 pm

She quirked a brow "Bad terms?" she asked before she put two and two together quickly and rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me you're mad at her for dating Quinn" she said as she sat down, crossing her legs.

"Honestly Bill... as much as you are a father to her, Jess is a big girl and needs to make her own choices, even if they are choices you may disagree with"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

"Don't tell me you're mad at her for dating Quinn" he almost choked as he stood from his leaning position. "You knew about this?" he paused as he and the Tiger had already come to an agreement that whatever was in Jessica's best interest.

"Jessica and I had our disagreement, and I lead Quinn to believe that Jessica had summoned him. But I am her Maker, and i had to find out through lies......But we have reached an agreement, Quinn and I" he hated to admit it but it was true.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Kiara nodded "Well sure I did. Who did you think told Quinn to go to her?" she said casually. "Jess may be good for him. He seems happy. And Quinn would be perfect for Jess to come more into her vampire self" she added.

Kiara watched as Bill's face seemed to contort in dislike of the tiger. What kind of past they had she didn't know, but she found his reactions oddly amusing.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 pm

He shook his head as he stood there dumbfounded that Kiara not only knew about Jessica and Quinn, but had also encouraged it as well. But what she said did make some sense, she felt more herself when she was with Quinn, as much as he hated too admit it. He had never seen Jessica settle into herself as a vampire, and it hurt him knowing that he had not been the Maker that he should have been. He had caused her so much pain and yet she still forgave him.

"There is things about Quinn that you do know, and I will not have him placed on Jessica. I still do not trust him"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

She quirked a brow. "I assure you Bill there is little of the Tiger that I do not know. I have known him for quite some time. If there is anyone who places the safety of those he cares FAR above his own it's Quinn" she shrugged. "It's almost a flaw of his" she added.

"But surely you're not here to discuss your dislike of the Tiger"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 pm

"Jessica cares for him deeply, that I do know...And no I am not here to discuss the Tiger.....I-I came here to check on you, I was unable to find any sort of communication in New Orleans and was not able to contact you. I-I was worried about you"

He was genuinely worried about both Kiara and Jessica in New Orleans, that he was not here to protect any of them, and he hated himself for that.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

She blinked, then smiled "I'm touched that you were worried Bill. But I'm alright.. a bit sore from my scuffle with Victor and his guards, but otherwise intact" she said.

"Thankfully I managed to keep Victor's attention on me so he wasn't too keen on Jessica or anyone else at the bar that night"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 pm

"Well I can assure you that Victor will no longer be a threat anytime soon. I shall be the one that has his head. And he shall not bother you or Jessica again...That I promise"

He moved to sit on the far end of the couch that she sat on, still unsure of how close that he could be too her, knowing her dislike of vampires.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 pm

She watched him and sighed. Part of this was her fault. She may not remember what Victor had done to her, but her body did, and being wolf made her run on instinct so her body was always on alert around vampires, even when she knew they wouldn't hurt her.

"Bill I...I must confess. I thought I wanted to undo the blood bond we have, I thought I should be alone so I could spare myself any more pain, but I...I just couldn't." She placed her hands on her lap "part of me fears being alone, part of me is tired of all the pain life has brought me"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

His heart burst into his chest as she mentioned the 'blood bond' between them. He admitted that he did not want to break the bond, but if it was what she wanted, he was abide her wishes.

"I know that I am part to blame for your pain, but the option is still there if you choose to use it. With or without the blood, my feelings for you are still the same"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 pm

She shook her head "I don't want to break it..." she looked at him, her eyes filled with pain and a weariness no woman her age should have. "I'm tired of being alone... of having to be strong when others are allowed to cower in the corner"

"I thought I could sort out my feelings, that I would have time.. but Quinn made his choice and it wasn't me. So I must move on, so he may find happiness and perhaps some day I would be so lucky to find some of my own"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

"Know this....I may not be the person that gives you the happiness that you deserve...But I will always, always be a friend for you to talk to" if nothing more were to become of their future like it had been in their past, he was devastated, but he would rather have her as a friend than nothing at all.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 pm

She smiled softly and reached out for him with her hand. "I...need your help Bill. I can't live my life with this irrational fear.. but my body won't obey. I see fangs and the animal in me prepares for battle, even if I know those fangs would never hurt me" she said softly.

"I.. I don't know who else I could turn to."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 pm

He took his first chance and leaned over to cup her cheek as she let out a soft sigh.

"You know that I will always be here for you. I will never let you fall again. You don't have to trust me, but know that I will always help you no matter what...I love you"

He didn't want to take things too far, but he wanted her to know that she was not alone.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

She nodded. She wished she could return his feelings, but now she really didn't know what love was. Was she just infatuated with him? was she merely lonely and craving the company of another? Or was she really in love and it had taken seeing Quinn happy to realize her own feelings?

She leaned into his touch, his skin so much cooler than hers. Again that strange animalistic tension came to her. Her body still had memories of Victor's torture, but she had to remain calm, slowly and logically rationalizing the fact that Bill wouldn't turn her into vampire swiss cheese.

She closed her eyes and whispered softly, knowing that regardless, Bill would still be able to hear her. "Kiss me... I don't want to be afraid..."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 pm

"Kiss me... I don't want to be afraid..."

Bill thought he had heard it wrong and that it was something that he had been imagining.

"Kiss me... I don't want to be afraid..."

He hesitated and looked into her eyes as he waited for her approval, as he got it, he slowly moved closer to her and one of his hands slid behind her neck and the other to her cheek as he pulled their lips together.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

She felt the brush of his cool lips against hers. She tensed every so slightly but soon she relaxed. His hand on her neck held her gently and she scooted just a bit closer so the physical distance between them wasn't as awkward to deal with.

She'd forgotten how in the past she'd learned to crave Bill's touch. He had always been gentle with her, almost afraid he was going to break her with his vampire strength. She had to pull back after a while, needing a breath he didn't have to take. She blinked, licking her bottom lip and wondering if that had just happened. Sure enough the look he gave her, and how his eyes were fixed on her lips told her that yes, it had just happened, and even more, she hadn't bolted or felt that overwhelming fear.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 pm