For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Tag Team

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Tag Team Empty Tag Team

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I had taken my time getting back to Bon Temps, having a long thought while walking. There was so much I found out tonight, so much I learned about myself. When I was with Quinn I was who I wanted to be, the kind of person...and woman. He made me a better vampire, he made me feel things I never thought I would or could feel. As I came to the road Quinn's house was on I stopped and took a deep breath. Smelling a familiar scent like the one from the other night. And vampire too....

I hid in the shadows while I looked to see who it was. There were four men around Quinn's place. Two vampires and two weres from the smell. Wonderful. "HEY!" I yelled getting their attention, maybe feeling a little too proud. They began to run after me as I waited for them to get close and used my speed to knock one out and elbow the vampire in the nose, knowing he'd heal fast.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Tag Team Empty Re: Tag Team

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Quinn was still concerned about Jessica taking off without protection tonight, and was ripped out of his musings by hearing a sharp yell from outside. He grabbed the nearest weapon and headed out the door to see what was going on..

Tag Team Walkingtall2

He saw the strangers, Jessica, and leaped from the balcony, running toward them....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:59 pm

I heard Quinn and knew he was close. I said a prayer not to let him get hurt, if anything let me, I could heal easier. I lost focus for one second when the vampire had me pinned against a tree. He was older, but I was stronger willed, especially wanting to protect Quinn. I remembered training with Quinn and kicked him in the groin, vampire or not it would hurt for a second and all I needed was a second before I flashed away from him and whipped one of the were's necks hearing the loud crack. One down, three to go.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:59 pm

I heard Quinn and knew he was close. I said a prayer not to let him get hurt, if anything let me, I could heal easier. I lost focus for one second when the vampire had me pinned against a tree. He was older, but I was stronger willed, especially wanting to protect Quinn. I remembered training with Quinn and kicked him in the groin, vampire or not it would hurt for a second and all I needed was a second before I flashed away from him and whipped one of the were's necks hearing the loud crack. One down, three to go.

Tag Team 74715_524131297597976_2057305112_n

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:00 pm

I watched as he shifted into a tiger and let out a growl, unable to take my eyes off of him and how sexy I found it. There was one were and one vampire left. I looked down into his purple glowing eyes and smiled. The were shifted into a wolf, which made me laugh at how puny he looked next to my tiger. The vampire's hands wrapped around my throat and took off with me as I tried to fight him off. My eyes were stung by some kind of silver spray as I screamed. He was faster, which meant he was really older. Separating us from Quinn and the other were as all I could think about was his safety.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Quinn looked down at the little wolf pup with disdain, stomping his neck with contempt and turning to leap for the second vampire, knocking Jessica free. The vampire landed against Quinn, with a bear hug grip around him. This one was stronger, and Quinn felt a sharp pain as his ribs cracked under the pressure from the vampire's arms. He could not help but buckle under the pain...
    i

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:01 pm

I felt my body jerk as Quinn broke the vampires grip on me. Falling to the ground and trying to blink away the silver, my eyes on fire as I looked around at the murky vision. I could hear everything, and the roar of Quinn when his ribs cracked. "QUINN!!" I moved my hands in front of me as I sped a little and fell, then got up rubbing my eyes. I could see just a little when I saw the 4x4 he had earlier. Feeling such anger I grabbed it and snapped it in half. My vision was slowly clearing as I ignored the pain. He was on top of Quinn who had shifted back to his human form, holding his chest. I jumped on the vampire and pressed the sharp part slightly in his chest. "Say goodnight." I said before plunging it into his chest, blood spraying all over me as he imploded on himself into the grass. I dropped the wood and rushed to Quinn, blinking to see. "Are you hurt? Are you okay? What can I do?" Please God if you are listening let him be okay.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Quinn rolled to his knees, hissing with the pain. He gripped the tree near him and used it to help stand, holding his ribs with one hand, a trickle of blood at the corner of his mouth...

He whispered to help him inside and call for Vincent.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:02 pm

I nodded and gently placed his arm around my shoulders as I helped him towards the house. Vampire strength came in handy because it was almost a simple task. As we approached the door I called out for him. "VINCENT! Hurry please!" I had vampire blood all over me and Quinn was hurt. Victor Madden was going to die.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Quinn's head was clouded with pain as Vincent ran to them with his first aid kit.

Vincent saw the bruising on Quinn's ribs and shook his head.
    ~Sir, you really must remember, you are not in the same shape you used to be~

Quinn glared at Vincent, then winced as Vincent stretched plaster tape over his broken ribs. That was going to hurt for a while.

He looked to Jessica, trying to smile and ignore the pain, but winced as Vincent finished strapping his ribs.

"Jessica....if anything had happened to you....I don't know what I..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm

I placed a finger to his lips to hush him while Vincent taped his ribs. Shaking my head and smiling as I looked at my red hands. Vampire blood...not my blood...healing. "Quinn....Listen to me." I looked in his eyes and prayed I wouldn't have to glamour him, but this was the only way. "I need you to....use the blood." I said as I held my hands up in front of him to show him the vampire blood I was covered in, hoping he got the hint.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Quinn looked at her hands, at the blood covering her....

He looked in her eyes, with a sad smile....wishing she could understand...

He turned his face away...

"....no...." he whispered.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:09 pm

I remembered all our talks and knew why he refused it, this was different. He needed it. I couldn't stand to see him in pain, but I had to respect his wishes. But...I couldn't. "Quinn, please. For me. Just please do this for me. I....can't....I cannot see you hurt." I touched his cheek and made him look at me. "Please." I whispered as I looked into his eyes before kissing him softly.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Quinn felt her lips press to his own. His vision kept fading in and out...
    He felt so tired..

"Quinn, please. For me. Just please do this for me. I....can't....I cannot see you hurt....Please."

She seemed to be whispering....gods he was so tired...what was she saying? The blood....but it was what had caused so much pain...so much...

He shook his head, trying to clear his vision, and looked into her eyes...

"Jessica......"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm

He was starting to lose consciousness and I slapped the side of his face slightly. "Quinn...no please. Just take it. You won't need much." I looked desperately at Vincent, pleading for him to tell me what to do.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Quinn looked from Jessica to Vincent and nodded. He could not get his head clear enough to speak.

Vincent nodded, and went to the bar, retrieving a small glass and handed it to Jessica.

Quinn's lips felt dry, as he licked them, he tasted the blood her touch had left on them and felt it work it's magic...his head cleared a bit as his eyes welled with tears, knowing he had no choice...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

I took the glass from Vincent and removed my tank top, squeezing the blood out of the fabric into the glass. Tossing my shirt as I held his head up slightly looking into his eyes in a reassuring way. "Drink baby, please drink." Touching the rim to his lips and tilting it for him.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Quinn fought to keep his emotions in check, and felt the glass pressed to his lips. The cool liquid slid down his throat, tasting like pure pleasure but burning like acid in his mind. He focused on Jessica's eyes, trying to block out what he was doing. This was for her. He had to do it....

He managed to get about half the glass down and pulled his head away, letting the bitter nectar work it's dark trick. He knew that would be enough...maybe not to heal all the way, but he would be out of danger once it went through him...

He looked into her eyes, wondering if she knew what drinking the blood had cost him...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:13 pm

I smiled and caressed his cheek as he drank, reluctantly, but he did it. Handing the glass to Vincent as he took it and walked away, I looked into his eyes and smiled. "Thank you." I couldn't bare to see him hurt, and because of my kind. That vampire owed him, I didn't know what vampire blood did to him, but as long as it healed him....wasn't that enough?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Quinn felt the blood do it's work...he could breathe a little better....his head was clearing....

"Jessica...."

"I need to tell you...."

Quinn took a deep breath, and felt a slight pinch. ok..the blood did not heal his ribs, but his head was clearing more as the moments passed...

He looked into her eyes, trying to see what she was feeling...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:14 pm

He tried to talk again, and winced; He wasn't fully healed. I smiled and shook my head. "Not now. We don't have to right now. Let's get you cleaned up." I looked to Vincent and asked him to help me get him into the large garden tub to get clean and relax. It was then I realized he was nude. Sweet Jesus. I cleared my throat, "Vincent?" I said as I started to pull up on him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 pm

As Jessica and Vincent helped him up, he stopped for a moment, catching his breath, wincing as that rib pinched again...

As they began to move, he stopped and turned to face Jessica. Taking her hands in his, he looked in her eyes, and took a breath....

"Jessica...I am not going to wait. I am not afraid anymore...I need to say something..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 pm

He stopped and turned to me as I tried to focus on his eyes and not the rest of him. Taking my hands in his as he looked in my eyes. What did he have to tell me that was so important? Truth was, I was a little afraid of what he'd say. I braced for the worst and whispered. "Okay...."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Quinn didn't know how she would react so he braced for the worst...but hoped for the best.

"I have thought a lot about things...about us..and it brought up a lot of questions. One thing is not in question though."

He stepped close, kissing her gently... then took a step back and looked into her eyes as he spoke...

"Jessica...I am in love with you."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:16 pm

I felt his lips press to mine gently as my eyes closed only opening when his velvet voice said my name. Feeling all feeling leave my body, everything around us disappearing. I pressed my lips together and closed my eyes, holding and fighting back the tears of happiness to hear him say that. Fear making me think he was just a little confused, but the look in his eyes showed me he was lucid. I couldn't talk, I didn't know what to say as I just looked into his eyes standing there awkwardly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:28 am