For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A Mutual Understanding

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

A Mutual Understanding Empty A Mutual Understanding

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Bill had arrived back at the manor an hour before his meeting with the Tiger, he needed time to process on how he would approach this. Had Jessica told him about what had happened between them in their last encounter. He scoffed as he knew the tiger would have had something to say about it. He and Quinn had a past and knowing that he himself would not say anything about it, but could the Tiger keep his mouth shut? At such a delicate time between him and Jessica, he could not afford anything to go wrong between them as they had only just re-affirmed their 'Maker/Progeny' relationship as well as their 'Father/Daughter' relationship, and the Tiger would not ruin that for them.

The steam filled around him as the steaming hot water trickled down his back, the water soothing away all the tension that had built up inside of him, the slick soapy bubbles slid down his chest and down his shoulders, molding to every part of his body. The sweet scent of passion fruit and melon swirled around him, a shower product that he had not imported in himself, one of Kiara's shower gel's that had been left over from her brief stay at his home. Her blood still heavily circulating his veins, feeling her presence still lingering on his skin, he could almost imagine that she was here with him. Her hands wrapped tightly around his back, her lips pressing against his shoulder, his hands caressing his hair as the hot water sprayed against her back.

A Mutual Understanding Tumblr_m20au5XDyy1rn0y7so1_500

He could still feel her lingering lips on his skin as he opened his eyes to find himself, alone in the shower. Steam clouding his enhanced vision as he turned of the shower head, the water trickling down his cooled skin, feeling relaxed and free from everything. Stepping out of the shower he reached for a fluffy white towel and wrapped it around his waist as he made his way into his master bedroom in search of a black suit to wear. Opening his closet to a wide range of his clothes, he pulled out a deep purple shirt, black pants and a black jacket. Laying them neatly onto the bed he speedily dried himself off and slipped into his suit, his hair still damp. Fixing his collar, he turned to head down the large staircase, his feet echoing a thud with each step that he took into the entrance hall. He had not fed tonight and as the taste of True Blood would be poor compared to the sweet intoxicating taste of Kiara's blood. Heading into his office, noticing an invoice from the flowers that he had specifically ordered to be delivered to Kiara were on their way. Walking towards his drinks cabinet he poured himself a glass full of already warmed True Blood as sipped it slowly as he walked around to his desk and sat himself in his chair. Sliding his glass onto his desk, he reached for his cell that lay next to his glass, flipping it open and hitting dial and pressing it firmly to his ear, waiting for an answer from the guards at the security gate.

Yes, Your Majesty

"Yes, I shall be expecting a visitor at 8pm. John Quinn. Let his pass freely" he spoke direct into his cell.

Of course your majesty

Ending the call as he slid his cell onto his desk as he pulled out a book that he had been reading from previous night. Lifting his legs and crossing them at his ankles as his mind drifted to the book. It wouldn't be long until the Tiger's arrival. Relaxing into his chair, his mind drifting to the thoughts of Othello.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

A Mutual Understanding Empty Re: A Mutual Understanding

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Quinn rolled up to the gates in the small pickup Vincent had picked out for him. He turned off the engine at the gate, leaving the truck there and walking up the drive to the house, letting himself be seen long before he neared the house. He held the bottle protectively in a white silk pouch that Vincent had provided. He smiled, knowing that this was not going to be an easy task...but for Jessica he would try...

He knocked on the door and was let into the house. The memories of his last visit flashed through his mind and he was not surprised to find Bill in his office. What was surprising was that Bill was engrossed in a book when he arrived. Maybe things would go smoothly after all. He set the pouch/bottle on a side table and stepped in front of the desk, waiting to be acknowledged patiently and silently...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Bill had received confirmation from one of his day staff that John Quinn was on the estate and was approaching the mansion. He had given orders to let him into the mansion as he heard an echoing knock on the door. His eyes not lifting from his book as he heard the clumping footsteps from Quinn approach his desk, he could smell Jessica's scent lingering over him, it was not something that he wished to discuss with him, but that was all in aid for Jessica's benefit that they try to settle their past differences and some how try to get along.

"I will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at; I am not what I am....Quite a remarkable man Iago. Do you read John?" his eyes not lifted from his book, waiting for an answer.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Quinn smiled and chuckled softly....

"Of course, every chance I have. Though life sometimes leaves us little time for leisure."

He looked at the title of the book and smiled...one of his favorites Shakespearean tomes.

"Was it not Iago who stated, 'How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?'. That, I think is one of my favorite passages in that particular work..."

He smiled, and waited for Bill to make the next move. He would do nothing to spoil this...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm

"Was it not Iago who stated, 'How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?'. That, I think is one of my favorite passages in that particular work..."

Bill smirked at his remark, quoting another of Iago's statements, he found that curious that Quinn would have found the time to enjoy the comforts of a book to draw him from the reality of the real world. Something that Bill found very relaxing at present times, a vice of his, a way to help to maintain tranquility within him.

"Thou know’st we work by wit and not by witchcraft, And wit depends on dilatory time" he replied to Quinn's remark.

Raising his eyes from his book to look at Quinn as he stood in front of his desk, he chuckled inside, at least the man had manners in front of the King of Louisiana.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Quinn smiled, it seemed that they had something in common after all. He could not resist the chance, striking a dramatic pose he began again...

"Does’t not go well? Cassio hath beaten thee.
    And thou, by that small hurt, hath cashiered Cassio.
    Though other things grow fair against the sun,
    Yet fruits that blossom first will first be ripe.
    Content thyself awhile. In troth, ’tis morning.
    Pleasure and action make the hours seem short.
    Retire thee, go where thou art billeted.
    Away, I say, thou shalt know more hereafter."

Quinn relaxed and resumed his stance in front of the desk.

"And it is in order that we understand better that brings us together for this meeting, does it not?"

Quinn smiled as he watched Bill for reaction...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm

He smirked at him as he closed his book and gently placed it onto his desk, it seemed that there was more to the Tiger than what he thought, presuming him to be as they say 'all just muscle'. Raising his glass of blood to his lips and draining the remaining blood from his glass and placing it back onto his desk, his hands clasping together as he leaned forward on his desk, leaning on his forearms.

"It seems that you have your way with words John" he chuckled softly, his mind reminding him strongly that this was all for Jessica. This was all for Jessica. This was all for Jessica.

He pressed the call button on his intercom and a female voice spoke softly into the intercom.

Yes your majesty?

He returned his eyes to John.

"May i offer you a drink John?" he asked waiting for an answer.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Quinn smiled and motioned to the package he had brought in..
    "If you can provide glasses, I brought a little something..."

Quinn moved over, releasing the ribbon at the top of the pouch, pulling the bottle out and showing Bill the labeling...

A Mutual Understanding Trueblood_noir_2007

"I hope AB+ is to your liking. This is a special one, from Ms. Beaufort's own private stocks. It is cut with enough alcohol to allow for non vampires to inject it as well, so I can join you in a toast to new beginnings, if you wish..."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Bill spoke clearly into the intercom.

"Marie, can you please bring through two glasses" he spoke politely.

Of course your Majesty

And the line went dead. A few moments later Marie appeared holding two champagne flute's and placed them onto Bill's desk and bowed to Bill and John as she left silently.

"Something from Pam's private stock?" he quizzed.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Quinn smiled at his curiosity...

"I hope you don't mind if I pour..."

Quinn carefully opened the bottle, then poured a modest level in each glass...

A Mutual Understanding Two-red-wine-glasses

"She said to warn whoever I decided to drink it with that it has a good kick to it..."

He smiled, watching the crimson liquid pour into the glasses...

"Yes...Ms. Beaufort...or Pam if you prefer....we have had recent business dealings and she was kind enough to pull this from her private stocks."

He took one of the glasses and set it in the center of the desk, taking the other and holding it where he stood, smiling...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Such a curious offering that John had brought with him, trying to sweet talk him with a glass of blood. He reached for the glass of blood and raising the glass to his nose, a unique scent that he was not familiar with.

"If i may be frank with you John...before we toast to 'new beginnings' if you wish to call it. There is somethings I wish to talk to you, before we as the phrase goes 'seal the deal'" he slid the glass back onto his desk.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Quinn listened, and set his glass on the desk as well, smiling...

"Of course, Your Majesty, I am here for that exact reason. Please do not think I mock by using your title, I am a bit out of sorts about what your preference would be in address from one who is not a vampire, so I am simply following the example set by your staff..."

He nodded in deference and waited for Bill to speak...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

"Well I thank you for the respect, but Bill is fine. After all we are among friends...I assume that you have spoken to Jessica and she had explained our meeting last night" he quizzed him.

He wanted to know how much Jessica had spoken to him about what had happened between them and the rules that he had asked Jessica to relay onto him. He agreed with Jessica if he was going to make an effort, there had to be some boundaries set, followed and agreed.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Quinn smiled at Bill's mention of being among friends.

"Thank you, Bill. Yes, we spoke at length after she returned, and she laid out the rules you described in as much detail as she could. I wrote them down for reference, should I ever have an uncertainly. I fully understand and wholeheartedly accept the guidelines you have suggested without question or reservation..."

He smiled and waited for Bill to respond...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

"Well I am glad we understand each other. I would hate to repeat myself. But there is something else that I have not discussed with Jessica *he sat back comfortably in his chair* From what Jessica has told me, you have made quite an impression on her. I will not have her hurt. She deserves more than that, as her Maker and her father. I only want the best for her. I hope this is not one sided on Jessica, and that the feelings are mutual" he paused waiting for an answer, knowing that John would have to be careful with his words.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Quinn lifted his gaze to look directly in Bill’s eyes as he spoke…

“Bill, I am not going to give you some long planned speech about how I feel. That would be pointless. I am instead going to tell you, with complete honesty, how I feel about her. She is the first thing I think of when I wake up. She is the last thing I think of before going to sleep. She is always in my mind as well as my heart. I can tell you this, without hesitation. I would give my own life to protect hers. I am in love with her. I will say it openly because I feel it even in my bones. She and I are matched, by some twist of fate, and we make each other happy. I cannot make it clearer than that."

Quinn took a breath, and waited for Bill’s response…
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Bill listened to how he Quinn talked about Jessica and his feelings for her, he could see it clearly displayed on his face, the smiled that formed across his face when he described his relationship with Jessica. He felt a little more at ease at this, more calmer knowing that Quinn was not messing her around, he would have nothing upset Jessica, including himself any longer.

"Thank you for your honesty Quinn. I like to hear that. Jessica has already been through so much in her short life as a vampire. I will not have her hurt anymore, by you, or myself in that matter...But there is something more pressing that I would like to discuss. And I would appreciate your honesty...Have you and Jessica shared blood?" he asked, he had something further more to discuss.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Quinn smiled, having expected that question to come up.

"Bill, we have taken great pains to make certain that has never happened. We both are aware of the deception that can be caused by the bond of blood. There have been a few occasions when we have discussed it at length actually. While we have been exploring the connection between us, we have been extremely careful not to let something like that cloud the issue. I am going to be honest with you and admit that once we knew how we left, she has taken a small taste from me, but I have never tasted a drop of her blood."

He smiled and waited for what was certain would be more questions. If this was how peace was to be made, then so be it...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Again, Bill appreciated his honesty, he was willing to be as open as he needed too be to gain his trust and his approval. He couldn't find a fault, as much as he wanted too and fought too, he couldn't.

"Again, I appreciate your honesty John. If you and Jessica have talked about this, then i shall skip right to the end. As you know the basis of what a 'blond bond' entails, it is a sacred sharing between a vampire and their mate of both their choosing. It is also a dangerous thing as you have pointed out. But there is one thing I would like not only you, but Jessica also as I am sure you will discuss this and you have my approval to do so. But i do ask that if and when the time comes to it, that you do not blood share. I ask this because i fear for Jessica's happiness. I shall not have her left with a broken heart. I ask you to consider this John. If you are in this for the long haul with Jessica and you both feel that you wish to create a blood bond. Then do so, but I ask you both to think of the future consequences. If it what you both want, and not...and not in.....and not in a moment of passion. If you love her and she loves you, i ask you both to wait until the time is right" he stopped and waited for his answer.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn smiled, Bill's words echoing a lot of his own introspection...

"Bill, I am going to be blunt. I am not a human, but I am not a vampire either. My particular bloodline are very long lived, but not to vampire standards. I have not discussed this fact yet with Jessica but I to have thought long on the pain it could cause her if the Bond were made casually. If and when the time comes, we will not undertake such a thing lightly. It will be a matter for the future to foresee, but as I have said, we have no plans to make a Bond, and have taken great efforts to prevent it from happening accidentally."

He shifted his weight and rested a hand on the edge of the desk...

"I would no more see her go through the agony of a severed bond than you would, Bill. I care too much about her to give her that pain. You have my word that if the choice was ever made, it would not be made lightly..."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 pm

It seemed that he and John were on the same page, and on the same wave length of understanding, it seemed that he was mislead by his own doubt to trust another man with Jessica. He had trusted Hoyt with Jessica due to having spent time with him, the same with Jason Stackhouse. But with he and Quinn having a past, which only encouraged further doubt in him.

"Thank you John, it seems that I may have...mislaid my trust as you can see. Jessica is all that I have, I only want the best for her as you yourself know. And as to the fact that you are not human I am well aware John, but if you believe that you can make her happy. Then I see no reason to stand in your way" he nodded and stood from his chair and straightened himself, extending his hand towards him to 'seal the deal'.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn smiled and looked to Bill's outstretched hand with surprise...

"No more questions, Bill?"

He reached out and shook Bill's hand firmly.

"You actually intrigue me, Bill. Most vampires do not like to shake my hand. Too warm blooded I guess"

He reached down and picked up the glass, waiting for Bill...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 pm

"If you wish there to be more questions that I will oblige, but whatever you think of me John. I am not the monster that everyone believes me too be, I know that there have been some indiscretions that have happened in these last few months, but i am trying to change that, and as re-guard to 'handshakes'. I was brought up to show respect to those who earn it, i do not wish to follow the 'stereotype' of vampire such as Northman"

He looked at his glass and picked it up between his fingers.

"To new beginnings?" he questioned "No...To Jessica" he smirked.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Quinn smiled at Bill's response, chuckling at his reference to Eric.

"Yes...I can think of no better toast than that..."

He held up his glass....

"To Jessica...."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 pm

"Yes....to Jessica" he replied.

Raising the glass to his lips, letting the blood slide down his throat. Feeling a warmth fill his body that he had never felt before, a unique taste lingering on his lips, sending a tingling sensation through his lips.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:48 pm