For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Working Out....

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Working Out.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Working Out....

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Jessica looked into his eyes and whispered...
    "You kissed her..."

"I am not sure about tonight's events...but there are old legends....things that are only whispered..."

He kissed her forehead again...

"Her power was strong, but your presence shattered it like thin glass. For a moment I would have sworn it was you, but there were too many questions..."

Seeing her confusion...he tried to explain...

"The legends follow that they travel in packs...each with a separate skill....we must be careful now...but we need not be afraid. They cannot copy things perfectly. Do you know what the biggest tell was?"

He grinned at her....

"I have never kissed you and failed to have your beautiful fangs come out...she had none...and she tasted strangely....not like my beloved at all..."

He thought quietly for a minute and spoke again...

"It seems that they influence primal drives...but hers was one of the most primal...and the easiest to shatter..."
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:07 pm

I stood there in his arms, my head against his chest as I listened to his explanation. Great, if we didn't have to worry about Victor sending people to kill us we now had supernatural legend things after us, or trying to break us apart...something. I looked up when he asked if I knew what the biggest tell was, shaking my head no and instantly feeling calmer when he grinned. Every doubt I had, washed away as I listened to him.

"I have never kissed you and failed to have your beautiful fangs come out...she had none...and she tasted strangely....not like my beloved at all..."

I smiled and looked back down, knowing he was right. Without fail when he'd kiss me intensely my fangs would come out. Sometimes I could control it, other times not. I sighed and looked up at him. "I wanted to kill her, I wanted to torture her seeing her lips on yours." I smiled a little embarrassed at my confession.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Quinn chuckled, tugging her closer, wincing as he flexed his broken rib...

"From what she said, you might get that chance, love. For now we must be on our guard. We do not know what her companions might influence. If you feel anything that seems too intense, you must be certain to wonder why..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:08 pm

At his words I pulled back and looked at him. "I couldn't...I almost couldn't control my anger. The darkness was singing to me, willing me to let it take over....and I did....for....for a minute. I really hurt Jason. There was a guy, he'd come in before and a bar brawl broke out. Now that I think about it....he was watching me with Jason and didn't stop it." I felt angry again at the thought of him manipulating me. I wanted nothing more to go and hunt them both down and kill them myself. Closing my eyes to focus on Quinn and not killing, suppressing the darkness where it belonged.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Quinn lifted her chin and kissed her gently, teasing her lips with his tongue...

"That is actually helpful...anger, rage...that dark creature that is in the base of all creatures...and now we know that one that plays with that is here as well...we are stripping their masks away, beloved....and by their own actions..."

He smirked....

"Too bad about Jason getting hurt due to it..but at least his pain will serve a purpose. We now know there are at least two....one who influenced anger and another passion...no telling if there are more. We also know the scent of one...and that makes them vulnerable..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:10 pm

His lips touching mine in a kiss, as his tongue teased me made all my fears, worries and anger disappear. I ran my hand over his chest as he spoke about stripping masks away. The mention of Jason's name gave me an after sting, but I ignored it. Some part of me thought he deserved it for being stupid. I looked up at him and smiled. "I don't want to think about any of it right now. Right now I just want you...just us. Just this."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Quinn ignored the pain from his body as he lifted her into his arms, kissing her gently over and over. He walked into the common room and lowered her into the pillows, joining her quickly, smiling....He yanked her apron off and tossed it aside...

"Then let's just ignore the world. Tonight is just for us..."

He cuddled close to her, kissing her again...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:10 pm

He lifted me in his arms and I could see the visible pain it caused him but knowing he'd only insist he was fine, I tried to ignore it...no matter how horrible I felt about seeing him hurt. Kissing me over and over helped me to focus on something other than his pain...him. My apron went flying across the room and I smiled with a little giggle. "Guess I can thank her a little for giving you lust." His lips pressed to mine again and my eyes closed in serenity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:28 am