For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Working Out....

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Working Out.... Empty Working Out....

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Quinn watched her leave, the taste of her kiss still on his lips. He had to insist she go in. Sam needed the help and all he was planning was to work out as best he could...

Quinn changed into his workout clothes and headed down the hall to the weight room to begin his workout. He had to be careful thanks to his ribs, but that was not going to make him break his schedule...

He grabbed the dumbells and laid back on the bench to begin...

Working Out.... Tumblr_ma62mhJWFa1rs21yho1_500
    Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Working Out.... Empty Re: Working Out....

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 pm

"Quinn?"

Working Out.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQslJkCKUqrqVOA8JKSIQQuRHWk9zsDZb_njlzNRuHD8ZO5tAeI
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Quinn was just setting the weights down and toweling off the sweat when he thought he heard Jessica's voice...He thought she had gone to work...maybe she wasn't needed tonight...this could be a plus. A different workout came to mind...

"Back of the hall....workout room..."

Quinn smiled, and walked through a secondary door into an open room with padded floors. He walked across it, selecting two staves and waiting for her to enter. He might not be at full speed, but this should be fun...

He waited for her to walk through the doorway, and threw the staff in her direction....
    Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 pm

"You wanna get rough?"

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 pm

"Time to learn a few new tricks, Princess. You won't always have the luxury of choosing your clothes for a fight....or the tools available..."

He leaped into the air, bringing the staff down toward her in a sweeping arc....reversing at the last moment to sweep her feet instead. He winced as the pressure from the strike rippled through his torso, but kept the pressure on her...
    Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 pm

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Quinn saw the kick coming and turned his hip in time to change the target, but still took full impact from that kick. She moved quick...faster than expected...He felt himself flying back, and slammed his staff against the ground, changing the angle, kicking off the wall as he came close and rolled, wincing a bit, to come up next to the weapon rack. He grabbed a net and threw it toward her and used his staff to follow up with a pole vault into a double foot kick....He was starting to sweat again...either from the pain or the workout....he was not sure which....

Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:57 pm

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Quinn was surprised when she avoided the net, but assumed she had heard him pull it from the rack...

His kick missed and suddenly she was behind him..

He felt the impact of the wall and grimaced in pain...

Jessica moved close to kiss him and he could smell the arousal...but not Jessica's scent.....something was wrong...

He shifted weight at the last moment, flipping "Jessica" against the wall, pressing the end of his staff against her throat....

He growled low and quiet...whispering...

"You have her appearance and her voice, but not her scent. You will not deceive me again. What the hell are you?"

Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm

"You have her appearance and her voice, but not her scent. You will not deceive me again. What the hell are you?"

"Quinn, it's me. What are you talking about? Don't do this baby."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Quinn shifted his grip on the staff, pressing her neck against the wall as he leaned in, drawing deep of her scent.....

"You smell delicious..."

He lowered the staff, turning away from her and throwing it to the ground...holding his ribs...

"But you are not her....

Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:59 pm

"Quinn...."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Quinn felt her honeyed voice reach into him.....maybe he was wrong....the pain might be clouding things....

He turned to look into her eyes, trying to see the truth....

"Jessica...."

Part of his mind was screaming that this was not her, but she looked like her...she sounded so much like her....

"I don't know....."

She did just come from work....maybe the smells from there....but there was no smell of beer and smoke...no smell of food...this did not make sense...yet here she was....

He ran his fingers through her hair....
    Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:00 pm

"Kiss me, Tiger."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Quinn looked into her eyes....the pain was making it hard to focus....he cradled her cheek in a gentle hand, running his finger across her lips....

"Jessica..."

Leaning in quietly, he pressed his lips gently to hers, coiling his fingers in her hair to hold her in a slow and gentle kiss....

Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 pm

The minute I got to Quinn's place I smelled something different, mixed with his...arousal? My head was so clouded with rage, I tried to shake it off as I looked for him. Vincent looked at me strangely and pointed to the weight room. Hard headed man he was. Hurt and still working out...I turned the corner into the room smiling, "Quinn I just....." I stopped in my tracks seeing him locking lips with....me?

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Quinn drew back, moving to her neck, grazing his teeth along her skin, inhaling deeply.....

He felt something....off.....her scent still confused him.....it couldn't just be the pain.....could it?

Quinn realized what it was...her fangs....he had never kissed her and had her fangs fail to pop out...and as he looked up, his eyes caught Jessica coming into the room. Her scent washed over him like a cold shower, shattering Lexy's spell...

He leaned close by her ear and whispered... "succubus...."

Quinn tightened the grip in her hair, he yanked her head back, gripping her neck with his other hand...

"Your game is done, whatever you are. You are not my lover. You may as well shed the guise and let yourself be known....for she who I love stands behind you..."

He wrenched her head around by the hair so she faced Jessica....

Lexy Grace
    Lexy Grace

Post by Lexy Grace Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:03 pm

"You're Tiger tastes delicious."

"Too bad, he was fun. Hold onto him tight, because I may be back. I never give up.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Quinn looked at his hand...holding....nothing.....and looked to Jessica in confusion....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm

I watched as she disappeared and turned to face her, listening to her words. She looked just like me and then she didn't. I felt my anger boil again when she said he tasted good, I went to lunge for her just as she disappeared and growled, turning to face Quinn. I had no words, I didn't know what to say. What was she, and why was he kissing her even though she looked like me. My anger soon began to die down just seeing him, but I was angry...angry with him, with myself. I almost killed Jason tonight, and I didn't know how to tell Quinn.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 pm

He had no words...could not explain what had happened...so he just held out his arms to her, and nodded...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 pm

I looked at his open arms and turned my head away, I couldn't bare to see his face when I told him. He'd be disappointed in me and I couldn't bare to see it. "I...almost killed Jason tonight. He has a broken rib...or two." I looked down at my hands and pressed my lips into a line. Maybe I was just a killer if my true nature was darkness. I knew I could control it. Quinn did...but maybe it was more than that. You're KILLERS' echoed in my mind as I closed my eyes and tried to block out the images of me killing Jason.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Quinn walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her protectively and whispered in her ear...

"...but you didn't."

He kissed her forehead and held her close, breathing in deeply of her scent...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 pm

I wanted to break down, but really couldn't even think about crying. It was like the last effects of my anger had vanished when he touched me and kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his chest, gently as to not hurt his rib and sighed. "But I could have...and that's what scares me."

Shaking my head and looking up at him. "You kissed her...." I didn't know what else to say, it was partially a question as I still didn't understand what I'd seen. Did I have a twin? Was she a shape shifter or something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:01 pm