For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Answers and Questions...

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Answers and Questions... Empty Answers and Questions...

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Quinn was sleeping, but he flinched randomly, his face twisting momentarily in pain…

Vincent was facing the door with a shotgun. When he saw Jessica step into the room, he visibly relaxed and moved to sit in a chair next to the hospital bed...Zasha slipped in, setting flowers on the side table, slipping back out quietly...
    Answers and Questions... Screen10

“I wish I could give you better news, Ms. Hamby, but there is only so much modern medicine can do. He comes in and out of consciousness but never for very long…”

Vincent moved to the door, sitting in a chair outside and pushing the door closed so they could have some privacy.

Quinn picked up her scent as soon as she entered the room. He sleepily opened his eyes and smiled at Jessica.

“Vincent worries too much. I’ll be fine…”

He coughed, a small amount of blood coming to his lips…he tried to hide it but a single drop fell to the sheet over him…telling more than he could what his real condition was…
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Answers and Questions... Empty Re: Answers and Questions...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Last night I'd found the nearest hospital in the city of Monroe and was able to get Quinn immediate help, calling Vincent to come meet me. I was frantic and panicky and the nurses and doctors couldn't give me any information. He was in critical condition and I paced the floors for hours. I knew the sun would be up soon and could not leave him but Vincent insisted I head home to get cover. When I reached his home, I closed all the windows for the day light and tried to shower the blood off of me. I found myself only getting the bleeds as I sat on the shower floor with tears streaming down my face. My elbows on my knees and my hands cradling my head. All I could think about was if something happened and I wasn't there. I was getting weaker by the hour so I washed my body and hair, and slowly went into the empty bed. I fought my day sleep with worry, but death finally took me.

Once my eyes opened I rushed out of the bed still weakened. Grabbing jeans and a t shirt not caring how I looked, throwing my hair up I rushed out the door to find Zasha. "You're not going to eat Miss?" I cut my eyes at him. "There isn't time. Just let's go! Now." I had grabbed a six pack of True Blood and drank that on the way to Monroe, by whole body in trembles waiting to hear news.

I was met at the door by Vincent who stood guard with a shot gun. My heart was again shattered when I heard his words". “I wish I could give you better news, Ms. Hamby, but there is only so much modern medicine can do. He comes in and out of consciousness but never for very long…” I felt the tears brim my eyes as I entered the room and looked at him lying there. His eye blackened, lip busted, chest taped up. He had cuts on his chest and bite marks on his arms. I covered my mouth and tried to fight back tears, I had to be strong for him. I had to have faith.

“Vincent worries too much. I’ll be fine…” Speaking made him cough and I smelled it before I saw it. Blood....Oh God don't do this to me...not him. I cannot lose him. Not now. I slowly walked to his bedside and took his hand in mine, forcing a smile. "You're going to be fine, you hear me?" Do not cry, do not cry, do not cry...I told myself over and over.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:01 pm

"You're going to be fine, you hear me?"

Quinn smiled as well as he could, looking into her eyes...

"Of course I will be...I just got a bit overworked....Vincent is just...."

Quinn fell silent as sleep tried to overtake him....

"He's just being a worrywart...I've been through worse...."

Quinn was fading fast, but fighting it with every ounce of strength he had left to him...

He slipped his hand in hers, giving it a slight squeeze as he smiled at her...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:04 pm

I took a seat in the chair next to the bed and looked at all the monitors and tubes. I nodded at his insistence that he'd be fine. He wouldn't. Not yet at least. He squeezed my hand and I lost all control I had as the tears fell from my eyes. I placed his hand to my lips and looked at him. So scared to lose him, I wished I could take it all away.

I COULD! I could take it all away. I closed my eyes and looked away from him knowing he'd never go for it.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:10 pm

The scent of her tears pulled him back awake...he looked and could tell she was fighting with herself about something....to do with him....

"Jess....Jessica....the vial on the tray over there ~motions to the service cart~ put it in the IV. It will help keep me awake....I need to....need to..."

Quinn winced as he took a deep breath....

"...need to talk to you..without dozing off..."

His body settled in the bed a bit as he tried to relax...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:15 pm

I looked to where he pointed on the tray and grabbed the small vial filled with a clear liquid. I placed his hand on the bed as I grabbed a needle and filled it with the dosage, sticking it into the small yellow part of the IV wire and injecting it slowly. The vial said it was adrenaline but I didn't want him to have too much so I stopped only after a small amount. I placed the vial back on the tray, covered the needle and placed it beside the vial. Taking a seat back in the chair as I took his hand into mine again, wiping my tears away with my free hand. "What...*clears throat* what do you want to talk about?" Seeing him flinch in pain after moving or even breathing deeply was like a silver dagger tracing my heart at how bad I felt seeing him like this.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Quinn waited for the adrenaline to take effect, clearing his mind a bit. His body tensed as the chemical took effect. As his eyes cleared, he focused on Jessica. He pointed to a canister next to her. He was only speaking in a raspy whisper, but knew she could hear him...

"Alcohol towels, to clean up..."

He tried to smile for her...

"Vincent has instructions....as....does....Zasha...."

He took a labored breath, his eyes watering from the pain...

"They will take care.....take care....of you...until I am....bet...better..."

He smiled and looked into her eyes....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:27 pm

I grabbed the alcohol towels and wiped my face, ignoring the strong burning smell and tossed them away. He was forcing a smile, as he barely whispered but I heard it as loud as day.

"Vincent has instructions....as....does....Zasha...." He paused to take a breath and winced at the pain which made me frown and want to cry again.

"They will take care.....take care....of you...until I am....bet...better..."

I sighed and shook my head. "Quinn it doesn't have to be like this." I stood and sat at the very edge of the bed on his side, placing a gentle hand on his cheek. "Let me take care of you for once. Let me...help you."I fought back the urge to let tears fall as I looked into his eyes and caressed his face. "Please..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:31 pm

"Quinn it doesn't have to be like this. Let me take care of you for once. Let me...help you. Please..."

"What....what do you...."

Quinn looked at her in confusion.

"The doctors....they have done all they..."

He paused and took another breath...wincing...

"They said we....we....just...have to....wait..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:34 pm

He looked confused at my suggestion as I took a moment to think of how to explain without causing him any more pain of tensing up and refusing. I sniffled to prevent myself from crying as I thought carefully on my words. "You're right...they've done all they can do. Waiting will only make you hurt longer."I looked over his injuries again, my eyes going to the bandages on his chest as I gently placed a hand over his heart. "Do you..."I closed my eyes and willed him to understand before continuing. "Do you...trust me?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:41 pm

"You're right...they've done all they can do. Waiting will only make you hurt longer. Do you...Do you...trust me?"

Quinn began coughing, his eyes watering, trying to hide the blood by covering his mouth with a washcloth, the red stains on the cloth betraying him...he slowly recovered and smiled to her...

"Without question, princess....you know that..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:45 pm

"Without question, princess....you know that..."

His words were the best thing I'd heard all night. I nodded and opened my eyes. "Then let me heal you. Let me heal you so we can go home." The words came out and I prayed I didn't push my limits in just out right asking him. It had to be his decision and I'd have to respect whichever decision that was, but I couldn't stop silently praying he'd just let me. Blood bond or not, I needed to help him. I loved him and I could not bare to see him like this. My eyes locked on his pleading for him to let me. The blood on the wash cloth made my jaw clench in agony of seeing him so hurt.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Quinn took a ragged breath...his eyes glassy...he could feel the adrenaline wearing off...he motioned toward the tray, his voice failing him for the moment...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:49 pm

I saw him motion to the tray as I stood and re-injected the line with some adrenaline. Before turning back to face him I took a slow steady breath, bracing myself for the worst. I knew his stance on blood bonds and vampire blood. It wouldn't be easy to convince him, and I wasn't sure how I'd feel if he denied me. Turning back to face him as I took a seat on his bed again and slowly took his hand back into mine, looking down at our hands. His olive skin next to my pale white...Slowly my eyes came up to meet his as I sat silent, waiting for him to answer.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Quinn watched through clouded eyes as she injected more adrenaline into the IV. His back arched, sending more pain through him as the chemical took effect. His heart was racing...he knew he would not survive another dose...his heart would not be able to take it...

"What.....what do you mean...what are you asking...do you know what you ask?...."

Tears poured down his face as the inner conflict warred in his mind...he was not an idiot...he knew what she wanted...what had to be done if he was to survive...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:06 pm

I pressed my lips together hard as he arched his back in pain, I could hear the speed of his heart and knew that was all he could handle.

"What.....what do you mean...what are you asking...do you know what you ask?...."

I shook my head no, watching the tears fall from his eyes knowing the inner conflict he faced with himself. I ran my thumb across his face, catching the tears. "I'm not asking you, begging is more like it. But..." I looked down unable to face him when I admitted it. "If you rather I didn't..." I felt the tear roll down my cheek knowing I could possibly lose him forever if he wasn't healed soon. His condition was far worse than he or the doctors knew. I'd caught a glimpse of his chart before coming in, the word 'terminal' was never a good thing. Internal bleeding and injuries were hard to recover from, even for John Quinn. I looked back up into his eyes, leaning closer to him making sure not to put any pressure on him as I kissed his lips softly. "I love you and I can't lose you." I said next to his ear before pulling back and taking his hand in mine as another blood tear fell from my crystal blue eyes.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:20 pm

"I'm not asking you, begging is more like it. But...If you rather I didn't...I love you and I can't lose you."

Her words echoed in his mind, lending strength to his mind as he fought inside with his fears, and his hopes...

"I do trust you, my sweet Jessica....but you know what could happen...you know how things could change..."

Quinn began coughing again, his eyes watering, trying to hide the pain from her with a forced smile...

"We just found each other...I am afraid of what could change..."

He looked deeply in her eyes, hoping she could understand...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:27 pm

His fears matched my own. What if things changed? What would happen then? If we still lost one another because of what a blood bond did to us. There was no other way, and if I lost him I would rather not lose him to death or worse. Blood bonds with the last two people didn't end or go well at all, but maybe this was different. I looked into his eyes knowing what he meant and nodded. "I share your fear. But...I'm willing to risk it because I love you and can't see you like this. If I...lose you and don't try...." I shook my head unable to finish my sentence. It was the highest risk I'd ever took with him, putting us on the line to heal him. If our love was strong enough, maybe it would conquer all.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:39 pm

"I share your fear. But...I'm willing to risk it because I love you and can't see you like this. If I...lose you and don't try...."

Quinn tried to turn to face her more, which sent new waves of pain tearing through him...

His mind was swimming in pain..he could not think clearly, so he called on a poem from memory, hoping she would understand...

"Glory is the sun, too, and the sun of suns,
    and down the shafts of his splendid pinions
    run tiny rivers of peace."

"Most of his time, the tiger pads and slouches in a burning peace.
    And the small hawk high up turns round on the slow pivot of peace
    Peace comes from behind the sun, with the peregrine falcon,and the owl.
    Yet all of these drink blood."

He looked deeply into her eyes, trying to see if she understood...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:52 pm

"Glory is the sun, too, and the sun of suns,
    and down the shafts of his splendid pinions
    run tiny rivers of peace."

"Most of his time, the tiger pads and slouches in a burning peace.
    And the small hawk high up turns round on the slow pivot of peace
    Peace comes from behind the sun, with the peregrine falcon,and the owl.
    Yet all of these drink blood."

He recited a poem and occasionally winced in pain as he spoke. I listened and looked him in his violet colored eyes that seemed to be a lighter color than usual. I let all his words sink in, trying to decipher what he was trying to say to me. "Tiger...all of these drink blood..." There was only one way to see if I was right as I looked at my wrist and took a slow deep breath. If I read him wrong, he would be upset or think I was trying to force him to drink from me. I placed his hand back down and raised my wrist to my mouth, clicking my fangs into place before I sank my fangs into my vein. I looked at him with blood tear stained cheeks and extended my wrist towards him, letting him decide.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Tears poured from Quinn's eyes as she understood his meaning, though neither could know what it might cost them. Neither of them could know the loss or gain from this. He opened his mouth, using his good arm to guide her to his lips...

He felt the first drops land on his face, trickling over him as he guided her arm to his lips...as the first drops fell into his mouth, he closed his eyes...not wanting to think...not wanting to know...knowing too well how it would feel...

As her blood worked it's dark magic on his body, he could not help but shudder in ecstasy as the power of her blood took hold. His eyes snapped open, but they were not the normal violet...but so dark they were almost black. His hand clamped down on her arm, holding her to his lips as he began to suck at the wound rather than letting it simply fall...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 pm

I watched him take my arm and pull it to his mouth, feeling such relief wash over me. Having him drink from me made me instantly feel this euphoric connection with him. I closed my eyes and let him drink, until his grip became tighter almost to the point of pain, which was saying a lot. I opened my eyes to see his eyes the deepest purple almost a black color taking place. "Quinn....Quinn....stop." I could tell he'd had enough as I stood and grabbed his arm forcefully removing it from holding me as I pulled my arm away. I stared at him, almost fearful of what I'd done. What have I done? Was this a totally and completely wrong decision? Did I screw things up by being weak? His lips stained with my blood as I retracted my fangs and never moved my eyes from his. I didn't know what happened and I was so afraid to ask.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Quinn was in pure ecstasy as the power of her blood ran through his broken body. He could feel it working, stitching, mending, strengthening....but he could feel something else too...his feral side was using the blood to try to grow stronger. When she yanked her arm away, he realized that he hand been holding it in a vise like grip, drawing from her rather than accepting it..

"Jessica..."

His voice was stronger...still rough...but definitely stronger...

He licked the last of the blood from his lips, using his fingers to collect what had dropped to his face, licking it off of his hands, letting the pleasure and power wash over his body. He still had to wait for it to finish it's purpose, but he felt amazing...her blood was the ultimate elixir...his mind wanted more...but his heart knew that it was dangerous...for both of them...only time would tell the long term effects...

He looked into her eyes with a hunger in his own...but he was not wanting food...the blood was calling to him...

"Jessica...."

Somewhere in the back of his mind, his reasoning took a firm hold...

"Jessica....no more....no more..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:33 pm

I watched his cuts and the bruises on his face seemingly disappear before my eyes as my own wound sealed off leaving a small amount of blood behind. I backed up a little unsure of how to take this, unsure of what to do. I could see the hunger in his eyes and it almost scared me that I couldn't see what was happening.

"Jessica....no more....no more..."

His voice was still strained a little, but obviously better. I swallowed hard and nodded in agreement. "No more..." My back hit the rolling tray and I stopped realizing I was backing away from him. I didn't know what to do or what to say. "I'm sorry...." Was all I could mutter as I locked eyes with him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 pm

"I'm sorry"

He could feel every fiber of his body being affected, and had his redhead angel to thank for that....he looked to her now, her wings seemed made of shadows and smoke, but there was his angel...standing there, waiting for him...her hair like a fresh sunrise...her scent making his mind dance....

Quinn knew this was not an angel...this was Jessica....the taste in his mouth...copper...and cinnamon...gods, the feeling of it coursing through him....there was nothing like it....

Quinn felt his body clicking and shifting as her blood worked to heal him...he could feel the pain, but the pleasure of her blood drowned it...

He shook his head slowly....

"I've told you before, sweet Jessica...you never need apologize to me...we both knew what had to be done...."

His eyes blazed with lust as he looked into hers...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:45 pm