For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The feeling of stability

Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

The feeling of stability Empty The feeling of stability

Post by Nora Gainsborough Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 pm

I sit outside of my family's diner with my back against the wall, awaiting for Pam to arrive. As fifteen minutes had passed I saw her pull up in her silver honda accord. My face turned up into a smile knowing she'd come to save me from this hell. I rise to my feet and stand there waiting for her to run up to me to embrace me. I watch her park the car across from me and turn the car off. Pam steps out of the car, closing and locking the door behind her. She lightly jogs over to me, with concern written all over her face and embraces me tightly. I exchange the embrace and say to her. "Thank you for saving me."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

The feeling of stability Empty Re: The feeling of stability

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 pm

"Always....now let's get out of here." She broke the hug and grabbed Nora's hand leading her back to the car. After they were both safely inside she smiled. "How about we go back to your place and have some tea or coffee...we can talk all about it there.

Once Pam arrived at Nora's place, she followed her up and went inside. They'd been friends since high school and believed in the same environmental things. They would protest at different places trying to get their voices heard. But Nora didn't know about her being a fae, and she was worried it might scare her friend. As Nora sat down, Pam approached her and smiled. "Don't get scared okay? Promise?" She nodded as Pam closed her eyes and held her hands out towards Nora, emitting a bright light from them as the bruises on Nora began to disappear. Opening her eyes she smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "Surprise?"
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:29 pm

I sat down in the chair and listened to what Pam had to say. I looked directly at her and nodded my head in agreement to not get scared. I had no idea what she was talking about, but I trusted her more than anyone. I watched her hands light up and in the blink of an eye, all my bruises had vanished, as if they were never there to begin with. The pain had also vanished. My eyes shot open with immediate shock at what I'd just seen come from my best friend's fingers. I look from her hands up to her face and stutter a bit. " Wha- what is that, Pam? - I tilt my head in curiosity- What are you?
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm

"I'm....I'm a fairy. Don't get mad that I didn't tell you, I was afraid." She smiled and knelt down in front of her friend, praying she wouldn't flinch away from her. It was a shock she could tell but maybe she'd understand? Maybe she wouldn't lose her friend.
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:21 pm

My head still tilted, looking at you I raise a brow in question. " Fairy?" I ask. I observe my best friend's face and could tell she was afraid I'd tell her to go away. I paused for a moment to think about her side of the situation, knowing that I would have done the same to keep from losing a very loyal friend. A smile starts to form at the edges of my mouth. " Pam, it's okay, I understand. What I don't understand is why didn't tell me before hand. Personally, I think it's really cool that you are fairy. Even if you told me, it still wouldn't have changed our friendship." Still smiling I take Pam's hand in mine. " Don't worry Pam, you won't lose me. I promise you that."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:29 pm

"OH! Nora-kins! You are so awesome" She said before hugging her friend tightly. No one else knew her secret, not even her adopted parents. Pulling back she knelt back on her legs and looked up at her. "Nora, don't worry about your parents...they'll get what they deserve." Her cell phone went off and she looked at it. "Oh shoot! I completely forgot about the protest at the college today!!!" She frowned and hated to leave her friend in need, especially knowing how bad she was hurting.
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 pm

I widely smile this time and tightly exchange her embrace. " Hey, you'd do the same for me." I say and look to with a serious expression. " Yes, they will, karma will kick their asses." Seconds later Pam's phone goes off and I could tell by the expression on her face, something had completely slipped her mind. I looked to her with an eyebrow slightly raised in curiosity."Pam?" I ask. I study her face. " I know that look and whatever it is, I'll gladly tag along, I have nothing better to do and I need something to take my mind off of what happened earlier this evening." I smile back at Pam.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Pam nodded and smiled. "Of course, why didn't I think of that before...come on!!" She grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the door excited about the protest at the college she went to, Nora had sometimes protested with her. They were heading to LSUS campus and she couldn't wait, protests always got her spirits up.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 2:24 pm