For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Seeking Answers

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Seeking Answers Empty Seeking Answers

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 pm

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1055-discovery#8034

After a while of staring at the vials I knew I had to distract myself or I'd go completely insane. Picking up his office phone I dialed the first person on the list that Bill had given me, waiting for someone to pick up. "VampCorp...this is Amanda, can I help you?" I glanced at the vials then shut my eyes to focus on my call. "Yes, this is Jessica Hamby, progeny of the King of Louisiana Bill Compton. I understand you did some remodeling at his place, specifically in vampire needs. Do you also have decorators?"

"Oh that's wonderful, yes I remember working with him on the mansion he re-vamped." She chuckled and I rolled my eyes at her joke. "We have a few we work with who are vamp friendly I can give you those contacts. What did you have in mind, Miss Hamby?"

"Well, that sounds good. I was looking into having light tight rooms, but I wanted the retractable kind. I do like to look outside at night. Also...I need a safe. It has to be strong and secure. Large and hidden in the most unlikely place."

She typed away at her keyboard. "Okay, I can have someone come out and look at everything to see what needs to be done. What's the address?"

"1109 Old Bon Temps Road, Bon Temp, LA."

"Okay Miss Hamby what night is good for you?"

"I'm off Sunday night, how does that work?"

She was silent as she typed again. "I have Sunday night at 8 p.m. Will that work?"

"Sounds good. Thanks. Can you just fax me those numbers for decorators?"

"Sure can." I gave her the info for the fax number and hung up with her. I couldn't even focus anymore to call the others. I'd seen the house and it had standard decorations...maybe I'd decorate it myself. To my own tastes. Yes. Perfect. I leaned back in his chair and sighed, closing my eyes and praying for some sort of miracle.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Seeking Answers Empty Re: Seeking Answers

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Quinn pulled the truck into the drive, his mind swimming with questions. His contacts in Shreveport had not found anything on Dimona's operations. He climbed from the truck and headed inside. At least he could finally have some peace..maybe even have a bit of time with Jessica before she headed in for her shift at Merlotte's...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 pm

I heard his truck pull up and stayed where I was not really knowing what to say or do. I could hear him entering and speaking with Vincent who said I was in his office. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, giving one last look at the vials on his desk wondering if I should hide them. I stood and made my way to the painting that hung in his office, trying to keep my mind off of everything running at top speeds in my mind.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 pm

After speaking with Vincent, Quinn smiled. Jessica was waiting in his office. At least one thing was going right today.He dropped his pack and headed into the office...

"Sorry I was not here when you got up, Jessica...I had to check on something. Just a preventive measure..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 pm

I heard his voice, feeling like running into his arms but I stayed where I was continuing to look at the painting, thinking. I had to figure out how to bring this up...or should I let Vincent talk to him? I folded my arms across my chest thinking, feeling like I was holding myself together. I slowly turned around to face him and looked down. "Welcome back." I looked up to meet his eyes, trying to search for answers as I stood across the room from him. "Everything....okay?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 pm

"Yea...just got a surprise on a hunt the other night. Wanted to make sure it was not a hint of things to come."

He walked over to her, kissing her neck..noticing her almost flinching when he does...

"What's wrong, Jessica?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:26 pm

He kissed my neck and I flinched impulsively, stepping back and closing my eyes. "Sorry, I--" Shaking my head and trying to get the thoughts to form in my head. "Nothing..." I opened my eyes and looked into his. "What kind of surprise?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 pm

"Nothing...What kind of surprise?"

"Nothing too major. We had a new V dealer trying to get a foothold so I took steps to discourage the idea..."

He chuckled...but his eyes looked a bit haunted.

"I did not expect her to show up and check on her people...at least not that quickly..."

He sighed...

"I guess sometimes shreds of the past can still surprise you..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:33 pm

I sensed the change in his eyes. V dealers...maybe that's all it was. Maybe he just forgot to destroy them. I looked down, then quickly snapped my head up hearing the rest. "Her? Who is her?" He mentioned the past and I wondered if it was anyone from the days when his pack was hooked on V.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 pm

"Just some high opinionated bitch who thought she could play games in my backyard...no big deal."

He smiled and looked into her eyes...

"I think I gave her something to think about...too bad she ran off..."

He looked at her carefully....

"Jessica..I can see something is bugging you. Is it the same thing that has Vincent on eggshells?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 pm

I listened to his explanation as he spoke so calmly. Forcing a return smile after he smiled and stepped a tad closer to me. I didn't move, my eyes looking to the floor hearing him ask if something was bugging me...

"Is it the same thing that has Vincent on eggshells?"

My eyes went to his desk for a brief second before I looked back up at him. I loved him and if this was to work I couldn't keep things from him. "He found the vials...we were worried, I was worried. Vincent knew there was an explanation...I thought the worst. But the way you've acted lately...so distant, so...troubled. What's going on Quinn?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Quinn looked her in the eyes...

"Jessica...there has just been a lot going on lately. The EEE is still feeling the aftermath of the fall of the Authority. It is just taking a lot to keep things flowing well.."

He stepped closer, taking her by the hips and looking directly to her...

"It is nothing to concern you...either of you. As for the vials, I simply forgot about them. Seeing Dimona again threw me a bit of a cruveball and I forgot to trash them is all."

Letting his hands drop, he walked to the window...

"Did you really think...after what we have been through, that I would be stupid enough to use that shit?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm

"It is nothing to concern you...either of you. As for the vials, I simply forgot about them. Seeing Dimona again threw me a bit of a curveball and I forgot to trash them is all."

I blinked. Dimona? He knew her name?! Trying to process it all I watched him walk to the window. He seemed to be getting angry. "Well, N-no I just..well, you...it's..." I sighed and gave up trying for the moment. Placing my head in my hands thinking, then continued. "I didn't know what to think Quinn. *looks up and walks closer to him.* We've both been so busy with things, I barely know what's happening in your world and every time I ask...it's fine."

I paused for a moment, considering what I was about to ask. "Dimona...is she...was she..." I couldn't even finish the sentence. Pathetic, thy name is Jessica.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:53 pm

"Dimona...is she...was she..."

"She was one of Russell's Lieutenants in the old order. I knew her from back then I worked with the Authority and the EEE as a grunt. I am actually surprised she is still alive. I went to Shreveport to make sure she was not trying for a foothold there as well..."

He turned to look to her...

"I don't keep secrets from you, Jessica. You know that. I was going to tell you about her when I came back from checking on Shreveport. I hope you trust me at least enough to believe that..."

He walked over to the desk, grabbing the vials and looking at them...

"..and that you thought I would..."

He growled and threw the vials against the wall, shattering them...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 pm

I was a fool to think he'd be deceitful or keep something from me. Vincent was right this whole time and yet I over reacted. As usual.

"I hope you trust me at least enough to believe that..."

"Of course I--"

He walked over to the desk and interrupted what I was saying. "..and that you thought I would..." I jumped and closed my eyes as the vials hit the wall, a loud sound of breaking glass filled the room. The aroma of the blood filling my nose. I stood there, silent. There was nothing to say, I'd practically in a way accused him of taking V, or hiding something. Or both. I looked down and knew I'd really upset him, apologies may not help. "I'll...just go. If that's what you want?" I couldn't even look at him, embarrassed at my sudden jump to conclusions.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:01 am

"No, Jessica. I would never want that."

He looked out the window and sighed.

"Perhaps it is my fault. I should have waited to check on things until I had told you about Dimona. Perhaps then you would not have had to make assumptions..."

He turned to face her, his arms out...

"I am sorry if I worried you....though you should have known better..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 am

"Don't blame yourself for my mistakes, I shouldn't have assumed anything." He turned to me and held his arms out, my eyes meeting his. I dropped my arms and rushed to him, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm sorry. So sorry, I should have known." Burying my face in his shirt, missing this, missing him. My hands gripped his shirt as I felt some sort of relief being in his arms, hearing that my worst fears were not coming true.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 am

"Remind me to yell at Vincent for worrying you. He, even more then you, should know better..."

He lifted her chin, looking in her eyes...

"I know your past history, Jessica. I know why you worried...and I am not angry..."

He kissed her softly...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 am

"Don't yell at Vinny, he stood firmly believing that there was an explanation. It was all me who assumed the worst." He lifted my chin to look at him as my eyes met his.

"I know your past history, Jessica. I know why you worried...and I am not angry..."

Before I could speak, his lips were pressed to mine. My hands still gripping his shirt, holding him to me. I never wanted to leave this room or his arms. It all almost made me forget about my father, thoughts of what he'd done...of what I learned. Knowing he wasn't angry gave me relief, but I knew it still hurt him that I'd thought...that. Of all things. Letting his shirt go, I ran my hands from his back and up his chest as he kissed me.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 am

"Relax Jessica...everything will be fine...and I will ignore his involvement in your concerns..."

He kissed her again, more deeply this time...slipping his hands around her waist and pulling her close...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 am

I couldn't speak before his lips were to mine again, more deeply and filled with need. My arms wrapping around his neck, my shirt coming up slightly as his massive hands slid across my skin on my lower back and waist pulling me closer to him. The hunger within made its presence known as my fangs dropped. Both..of my hungers. It didn't affect him as his velvet tongue moved across my fang, knowing what he was doing to me. I pinned him to the wall instinctively then stepped back, breaking the kiss. "Sorry I haven't fed yet..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 am

He chuckled and unbuttoned his shirt, exposing his shoulder and neck, leaning his head to the side, grinning impishly...

"No need to be sorry...good things come to those who wait..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 am

My smile grew as he unbuttoned his shirt and leaned his head to the side. He did love when I fed from him, probably just as much as I loved doing it. I grinned and licked my top lip, looking into his eyes as I reached out and grabbed his collar. Quickly turning his back to the chair and pushing backwards until he was seated. I walked closer and straddled his lap maintaining eye contact with him. His pulse was normal, but I loved when it was faster. Leaning in to kiss his neck and run my tongue along the vein in his neck. The vein beneath his skin danced in anticipation, his heart rate accelerating. I struck his neck and pulled his blood into my mouth, oh so sweet. So strong, so good. I pulled back and sealed his marks, licking my lips savoring every last drop. I looked him in his eyes and gave him a fanged grin, before retracting them. "You always taste so good. Thank you."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:39 am

His eyes rolled back with pleasure as she fed. When she pulled back, he smiled.

"Well I am glad you find me delicious, Jessica..."

He grinned suggestively...

"...without a doubt, I can say the same about your *glancing down for a second* taste..."

He smiled, looking in her eyes...

"What time do you have to be at work?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 am

I smiled and chuckled, looking down and shaking my head. My taste...there was so many references to that I was sure. My cheeks would be on fire if I were human, but I wasn't...thankfully. I looked back up into his eyes, sitting on his lap. His blood lingered on my tongue as I swallowed enjoying the feeling of his blood running through me. "I don't. I told Sam I needed a few days off...he understands." Before he could ask why I just blurted out, "My house. The one Bill gave me, that I fully intend to pay half on. I've been setting things up for it. You know...independence." Offering him a smile, pushing thoughts of my father away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 am