For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Seeking Answers

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Seeking Answers Empty Seeking Answers

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:47 pm

As Quinn ran toward Merlotte’s Bar, his mind was swimming with questions. Hopefully the witch of Bon Temps would be able to provide some answers. He was starting to get the hand of running at vampiric speeds and only had one near fall on the trip.

He slowed before actually approaching the bar since he did not really know who to look for. He knew Holly was the blonde waitress that worked with Jessica, but if the switching was more than just him and Jessica, there was no telling who he might be talking to. He had to think for a minute before remembering that she was dating the sheriff. With any luck they would both be there so he could be certain

He walked in and looked around. His luck was holding so far, they were in a booth near the back hallway together. He moved to their table with a finger to his lips.

The waitress looked up, “Can I help you with something, Darlin?”

Quinn looked at him in confusion then remembered what they were seeing and hearing. He looked from one to the other, trying to figure out how to begin…

“Um….are you two still you two? I know it sounds a bit odd…but…”

The Sheriff looked up, smiling, “I’m going to guess we are talking with Mr. Quinn…No, hon. It happened to us too…we are a bit confused about this, but we are trying to riddle it out…”

“Well, that solves one of the things I was going to ask you about. Since you are still confused, I guess you do not know anything about what might have caused it..”

Quinn was feeling a bit weak…and could not help but see their veins pressing out against their skin….damn they smelled delicious….He lowered himself into the booth as Sam walked over with a Trueblood. He gave Quinn a smile that just did not seem ‘Sam’. As Quinn choked down the foul brew, he was able to focus a bit more.

“Since you did not know what is going on, we have to consider outside sources. Do you have any ideas on what that could be? I only have one thought in mind but do not even know if she has the kind of juice to pull something this major off.”

He thought back to the mysterious woman from the Masque Ball, and smiled…she had a dark side, but not so much an evil one as a mischievous one. If only he knew how to track her down, perhaps she would be able to find answers, but he had no idea even where to begin trying to find her.

“I do not want to leave…” He glanced down at his appearance, “…Quinn alone for too long right now. ‘he’ is having a few difficulties. Please get in touch if you hear anything.”

Holly nodded, and the sheriff smiled broadly.

“I’ve always heard of walking in another’s shoes, but this is taking things a bit far…”

His eyes darkened as his lips curled into a smirk…

“I hope I get the chance to….thank….whoever is responsible…and soon…”

He walked out the back door and returned to running at vampiric speeds to get back to Jessica and give her the update in person. He felt safer in her presence, especially now…

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am