For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Sunset, Sangria and the Sweet Sweet Thoughts of Summer

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Sunset, Sangria and the Sweet Sweet Thoughts of Summer Empty Sunset, Sangria and the Sweet Sweet Thoughts of Summer

Post by Alcide Herveaux Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm

*Digging around in a box thats in closet in the office looking for a copy of a bill that was paid several years ago. It's the one thing that's holding up my interim construction loan on the dream house. Lucky I am a bit of a pack rat keeping things long past when you should toss them. I find the paid receipt rather quickly but keep digging in the box to see what else is in here. Finding a photo of a woman in a childlike pose by the pool. That afternoon comes rushing back flowing over and feeling a small pang of what if. Summer Desmarais with a Northern Mississippi pack. I met her at Muffy and Dick's pool party they threw to cheer me up after Debbie broke off the engagement. I had 7 too many of Muffy's Killa Sangria, and Summer found my drunkenness funny and my manners charming. My pride was still wounded from Debbie's vicious tongue and vile rejection. She was a calm oasis in my hurricane of pain that Debbie left me in. We really didn't date it was a intense interlude that Summer ended before it really got going saying,*

"Alcide you are not over Debbie plus I am not looking to replace her or something, I am having a bit of fun. Lighten up."

*Sighing that stung my pride all over again so I avoided her. All in all she was a sweet person, but not like my Rikki who wanted permanence and the same things that I did. If all our wishes came true we would regret some, and hate others. Placing the photo back into the box, sticking it back into the closet. Turning off the light and shutting the door on the past.*

Sunset, Sangria and the Sweet Sweet Thoughts of Summer Kbell1+%286%29

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:26 pm