For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Memories

Rikki Mercer
    Rikki Mercer

Memories Empty Memories

Post by Rikki Mercer Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 pm

*It had been a few days since she had seen Derick, and his sidekick, but she knew better than to let her guard down. She had noticed a strange car driving by a couple of times, but thought nothing of it at first, since this was the city, and people made wrong turns all the time. But when the car drove by a fourth time, she began to worry. She knew what he wanted, and he wasn't getting it. He had nearly destroyed her life before, and cost her the best friend she had ever had, next to Alcide. As much as she didn't want to think about that night, her mind carried her back to that fateful night so many years before.*

Mckayla and Derick had gotten married, and things changed. Not for Derick, he was still the womanizing scoundrel of a wolf, and that would never change. Kayla knew what he was doing, and whenever she had seen Kayla, she could see the pain in her eyes, and it hurt Rikki to see her best friend getting beaten down by her mate. She would tell Kayla to leave him, have the marriage absolved and find a decent wolf, one who would treat her right. All that did was make Kayla hate her, to the point where Kayla refused to see or speak to her. Late one night, she was having a rough time, after her parents deaths, she decided to take a walk. She was in a clearing on the were's land, sitting in the grass. The tears flowed at the loss of her family, not just her parents, but Kayla too. She didn't know what to do to get through to Kayla, and knew that the damage had already been done to their relationship. She had heard rumors that Kayla thought she wanted Derick for herself, which was so far from the truth she couldn't even fathom being near Derick. Sitting alone, the tears flowing freely, her eyes closed, a scent permeated the air, a few seconds before a wolf was on her, his large paws holding her down against the ground. Glaring up at the wolf, she spoke through clenched teeth

Dammit Derick, get the fuck off of me NOW!!! I told you, I will not give you what you want, you are married to my best friend, and even if you werent, you are not man enough for me, so get your fucking furry ass off me.

*watching as he shifted back into a man, his naked body pressed against hers. She pushed against him, trying to get him off her, but his heavier, larger frame made it impossible for her to get out from under him. Growling and fighting, she kicked and twisted to force him to move off her. He grabbed her hands and pushed them over her head, then forced a hard demanding kiss on her. She bit his lip, spitting the blood out as he pulled back, bringing a fist against her cheek. Her head was spinning but she knew what would happen if she passed out, so she began kicking again, and screaming as he began ripping her top from her body. Right before he reached to grab her pants and rip them from her body too, something knocked him off her. Jumping up, she looked around,and saw the glowing eyes trained on her. Holding her tattered shirt to her body, she looked at the shewolf and spoke softly*

Thank you for saving me from..... him. I knew that you would come around eventually Kayla, and I'm glad that it was tonight. Thank you sister, for you......

*Her words trailed off as a growl was emitted and Kayla stalked towards her. She backed up, and looked as Derick tried to get up. He gave Rikki and evil grin, and then spoke to Kayla.*

She called me out here Mac, she said that she had always wanted me, and if I came out, she would to anything and everything. I came out here to tell her that you are the only one I want, there will never be another for me.

*giving Rikki a leering “I guess I've got you bitch” look, she began shaking her head at Kayla, as she continued to track her. Seeing the look in Kayla's eyes, the growls getting more ferocious, she held up her hands, showing Kayla that she meant her no harm, but Kayla continued to advance on her, getting closer and closer. Finally, Kayla jumped, but she and Kayla had trained together, so she knew what she would do. Jumping out of the way, she shifted into her wolf and went to attack Derick, for lying to her best friend, making Kayla hate her. Just as she jumped him, her teeth sinking into his arm, Kayla attacked her, causing her to rip the skin and muscle from Dericks arm. Howling as Kayla's claws rake over her side, the blood running from the wound, she knew that if she didn't protect herself, her friend would kill her. She attacked, going for Kayla's shoulder, but getting her neck instead, because Kayla shifted directions, her teeth sank deep into Kayla's neck, and as Kayla whimpered and jerked back, she dropped to the ground, shifting back to human form, her throat a gaping open wound. Rikki shifted back to human form, screaming as she fell to her knees next to her best friend, her sister. Holding her hands over her throat, trying to staunch the flow of blood, screaming at her.*

KAYLA!!!! WHY!!!!! OH GOD WHY DID YOU DO THAT!!!

*Laying her head on Kayla's chest, the tears flowing down her face, leaving trails through the blood covering her, Kayla's blood. Looking up, she saw Derick moving towards them, and she was begging him to help her save Kayla. His evil laugh told her that she was out of luck with him. He looked down at his dying wife, then back to Rikki*

Why the fuck would I help you save her? You just did me a huge favor, I never wanted the little bitch anyway, was forced to marry her timid, meek little ass. Thank you Rikki, but never fear, the story I tell the Alpha will be believed, and you will die by my hand, but not before I have you over and over again, just remember that.

*Looking up at him, horror in her eyes, she looked at her friend, and saw the pain and sorrow, along with the apology in her dying eyes. She felt a strong hand grab her arm, but the turned and bit him, pulling more skin and muscle, forcing him to let her go. Shifting quickly, she took off running, not knowing where she was going, or what she would do, but she knew she had to get away from him and the pack, because he was right, they would believe him over her any day.

Shaking her head, she wiped the tears that were flowing down her cheeks, knowing that her past had caught up with her, and hoping and praying that when the time came to tell Alcide, he would not abjure her, as he had done with Debbie Pelt. If he did, she would go willingly with Derick, welcoming death, because without her Alpha wolf, she did not want to live.*

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 am