For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Please Listen

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Please Listen Empty Please Listen

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:44 pm

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1110-i-won-t-let-go#8339

He slept in his jeep all night, refusing to leave and give up on everything. He couldn't lose her and Emma, he had to make her realize. The sun shining through his window woke him up, rubbing his eyes, he sat up and grunted. Sleeping in a seat is not comfortable. He grabbed his cell and tried to call her again...no answer. He sent another text.

{I'm not leaving, not until we talk.}

SEND
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Please Listen Empty Re: Please Listen

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 pm

"Stubborn asshole."

He wouldn't stop texting her. Hell, he hadn't even left her driveway; he had just slept in his jeep as though he didn't have a perfectly good bed back home, in Bon Temps... where he needed to be.

A sigh slipped through her lips. She was in pain, more than she wanted to admit; shifting had been a big, bad mistake. The cramps had lessened, and the spotting was lightening up but it still worried her. Emma was curled up in her bed, still sleeping soundly; last night she had come back in the living room with a smile after telling Sam to leave her alone. There was no telling what that little girl had up her sleeve. Rubbing absently at her stomach with one hand, she grabbed her phone and sent back a text.

~There's nothing to talk about. Go home, Sam.~
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:13 pm

His phone went off and he opened it quickly, reading her text.

~There's nothing to talk about. Go home, Sam.~

He sighed and let his head drop back against the seat of his jeep. Dropping his phone he screamed out in frustration and hit the steering wheel with both hands. -Damnit! Damnit! Damnit, you stubborn woman!- Running both hands through his hair, he felt like punching something or someone. She was just going to throw it all away for what she THOUGHT she'd seen, or what she thought she knew. Wonderful. He got out of his jeep and slammed the door to it, trying to remain cool but his anger got the best of him.

-Luna...talk to me!! Don't do this! Don't throw it all away!- He stood in her front yard, begging her to come out.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 pm

She sighed again and turned on the couch to look out the window, her knees digging into the cushions as she pried open the blinds and stared out at him.

He was making a fool of himself! She rolled her eyes and shook her head before reaching down and pulling the tabs to open the window; it only took her a second to lift it up and she called out the screen.

"Sam, stop making a scene! I'm not throwing ANYTHING away! You did! Stop pestering me and GO HOME!" She turned and sat back on the couch, wincing at the slight pain and letting out a quiet yelp. "Fuck me, that hurts." With another pained sigh, she laid back on the couch and grabbed the remote, turning up the volume and trying to drowned out everything else: the pain in her stomach, the yells outside her window and, worst of all, the pain in her heart.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:25 pm

She yelled out the window after raising it, then sat back down. "Fuck me, that hurts." All this stress, all this was hurting their baby. He would stop at nothing to make this right. He still had a key. Going back to the jeep grabbing his keys he fumbled for the key to her house. Rushing to the door, he quickly unlocked it and went inside. -Luna, listen to me...- He said as he rushed into the living room where she was. He dropped to his knees in front of her and tried to touch her stomach, but she wouldn't allow it. -This isn't good for our baby. Are you okay, I heard you say it hurt. What hurts? Please baby, just let me tell you what happened. I swear to you, I would never, could ever just kill someone without a reason.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 pm

He had a damn key; why hadn't she remembered to get the key?!

When he reached for her stomach, she pushed his hand away and put her own hand on it protectively; she had to protect her baby. It didn't deserve any of this.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it, Sam. It's not your problem, okay? Not anymore. It's mine." A small flutter under her hand caused her to smile softly, rubbing her hand against her shirt and shaking her head before looking back at Sam.

"I don't want to talk about it, Sam. There's nothing to talk about, okay? I saw what I saw and that's that. Just... I don't understand why. Why did you do this, Sam? You killed not only one person, but two. A girl and her sister..." She shook her head again. "You're not the man I fell in love with. That man wasn't a killer. That man wouldn't hurt a fly, not unless he shifted into a cat to make Emma laugh...." Her eyes met his and she sighed.

"Like I said, there's nothing to talk about. Just please go..." She winced and closed her eyes for a second, breathing deeply before exhaling slowly and opening them again. "Just go home."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:41 pm

He shook his head and stood. -Luna, you know NOTHING about what my life was like before you! Nothing...- Pacing the floor as he looked at her, and shook his head. -I'm not this perfect guy, I never was. I love you and that hasn't changed...the man you fell in love with is still me! But there's parts of my past that I can't change, no matter how I want. Isn't that what love is supposed to be, you accept people for everything good, and bad?- Searching her face for answers, finding nothing but hurt and anger there. -You don't know what happened in 2003, you never asked. Your past wasn't rainbows either Luna, but I accepted it.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:47 pm

She raised her brow and let out a sardonic laugh. "Yeah, you accepted it. But being raped by my father and by my ex-husband, and beaten, is a bit different than killing someone because I had a bad day!"

She shook her head and all but jumped off of the couch, her hands cradling her stomach gently as she stared daggers at him. A thought hit her and she clenched her hands into small fists on her stomach.

"Speaking of ex-husbands," she said as she continued to stare at him, "maybe I should have realized what kind of man you were when you killed Marcus." She hadn't even noticed the look on his face, a look of shock. "Earth to Sam, come in Sam." She rolled her eyes and continued to pace around the living room.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm

He listened to her say she had been raped by Marcus and...her father? What? He stared at her, unable to say anything...unable to think anything. She'd never told him any of that, ever. She carried demons of her past as well, and here she was throwing it at him like it justified anything. Standing and wincing as she placed a hand on her stomach, clenching them to fists.

"maybe I should have realized what kind of man you were when you killed Marcus."

For the first time today he felt hurt by her words. They cut deep. Marcus had nearly killed Alcide for trying to stick up for him, Marcus had killed his brother Tommy. Marcus had hurt Luna, raped her, beat her...and yet he was the bad guy. Sam was just like him??

-I never...I never knew, you never told me.- He reached forward to touch her cheek and she flinched away. Sighing heavily he stepped back and looked down. -I loved her. I wanted to marry her and have kids with her, I wanted to open a bar with her. I did things I wasn't proud of just to support her, to keep her happy.- He shook his head and looked up to meet her eyes. -Charlene and her boyfriend had been scamming me the whole time. Having me steal money, jewels anything...she found it amazing I never got caught. I'd shift and go undetected.- He stared at her, making her understand. -I loved her. And she betrayed me...I just wanted my money back...My only thing to keep me going was opening my bar, starting a new life. Things got ugly, and she got shot accidentally. It was an accident I swear. I killed him out of self defense. You have to believe me....-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:04 pm

She stared at him, shaking her head the whole time even while she actually took in what he said. Self defense, she could understand. But it still didn't change how she felt, even if it did make sense.

"Sam.... I just... I need a bit, to take all this in." She walked to the door and opened it, looking at him as she did so and fighting back tears. "Please, just leave. I'll call you in the morning." Would she call him? She didn't know. She should, she knew they needed to work things out soon if they wanted this to last. And to be honest, she had a feeling that she was going to need him more than either of them had anticipated with this pregnancy.

"Tomorrow."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 pm

He sighed and hung his head, closing his eyes to not yell or get angry. She needed time. He walked towards the door she held open, stopping next to her and leaning close to her ear. -I love you, Luna Garza. I always will. I'll never...stop fighting for you. For us.- He started to walk again but stopped, there was one more thing. -And Marcus...I killed him because he deserved it. He killed my brother.- He contemplated kissing her but decided against it, knowing it would only piss her off more.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm

She nodded and, against her better judgement, wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly for a second before letting go and stepping back and giving him a small smile.

"Tomorrow, I promise, okay? Just give me time. I need to think. This is just.... Its a lot, okay?" She didn't know how long it would take her to get over it, to understand or accept it, but she wasn't just making decisions for herself anymore. She was making them for her unborn child... their unborn child. She couldn't be selfish.

She watched him as he stood there, wishing that this could all be a dream, that she didn't know about any of it. That things were the same as they used to be. But they weren't, and wouldn't be for a long, long while.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Her arms wrapping around him gave him the hope he needed to not ever give up on them, he'd fight until the very end...he was not losing her. She meant far too much to him. Kissing her forehead before she pulled away he nodded and accepted her request to let her call him. Stepping out the door he turned back to look at her one last time. -I love you...- Turning back around he headed for his jeep. It was going to be a long, cold night....and probably sleepless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content