For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Wedding Bells

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Wedding Bells Empty Wedding Bells

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Arlene's belly had grown so much in the last couple months. Jason was still on his search for Sookie and I even helped a few times. I felt so bad for Bill. He said they had a fight before she went missing. I couldn't imagine losing Hoyt. We'd been living together for four months now and I was so happy. Arlene was seven months pregnant and she and Terry were getting married. How surprised I was when she actually handed me an invite to the wedding and reception. She seemed to be taking to me more since Hoyt and I seemed "normal" she said. Whatever that meant...how ever normal a vampire and human could be I guess we were. The cubby he'd built me was perfect and he'd even stay in there with me sometimes. Things were just ...amazing.

I found a great looking denim blue summer dress that had cut off sleeves and left my hair down and pinned back. Walking out into the living room to see Hoyt in his suit I smiled. "You clean up well..." I said with a grin.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Wedding Bells Empty Re: Wedding Bells

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Hoyt had been busy staring at himself in the mirror in the living-room trying to fix his tie, his momma normally did tie for him as he normally had problems with it, sighing heavily in frustration, he wanted to look good, he wanted to show everyone that he was a 'man'. Today was Arlene and Terry's wedding today, he was thoroughly surprised that Arlene had invited him and Jessica, he remembered that night at Merlotte's when Jessica had been working as Arlene handed Jessica the white envelope. He sighed again trying to fix his tie again, almost to the point of giving up.

"You clean up well..."

Hoyt turned and his face lit up into a smile as he saw Jessica in her dress, the way it clung to her in all the right places.

"You look beautiful Jess" he smiled as he walked over to her and gently wrapped his arms around her waist

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:41 pm

I smiled and let him snake his arms around my waist. My hands reached up to his tie and I looked into his eyes. "Here, let me." I began to tie it for him just like my human daddy had once taught me. It was my favorite thing to do every Sunday morning for church was tie his tie perfectly. I pulled the fabric through and through until it was perfect.

Wedding Bells CS0502_md_CNT

I smiled and smoothed down the black tie and fixed his collar, bringing my eyes up to meet his. "Ready?" My hands slid down to his forearms as I tilted my head to the side.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Hoyt remained still as Jessica started on his tie, fixing it to be perfect, even better than his mamma did, he smiled gleefully and watched transfixed as she finished her work on his tie.

"Thank you" he grinned as her arms slid across his forearms "Ready as I will ever be" he grinned as he turned to lead her out of their home, opening the door for her, the sun had gone down under an hour ago and they were heading to the reception at Merlotte's. Hoyt had gone to the wedding and recorded it for Jessica to watch later tonight.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Merlotte's had been transformed for the reception of Terry and Arlene. Balloons, streamers, white everywhere. Jason looked a bit down as he nursed a beer. With Sookie still missing it was hard on him, thinking his sister may be dead; She was all the family he had left. I smiled and greeted everyone who greeted me, Maxine chowing down on a piece of cake only gave me the 'look of disgust' she had saved just for me. I ignored her completely and linked my arm through Hoyt's, turning my back to her and replacing my smile again. I spotted Arlene and told Hoyt I'd be back. He was going to start taking video messages for Terry. Tapping Arlene on the shoulder, she turned around. "Hey, Arlene I just wanna say you look beautiful and congratulations. I'm really happy for you." She smiled brightly and nodded. My eyes widened when she hugged me and I for sure thought it must be her pregnancy hormones making her so nice. I pat her back and hugged her back, as awkward as it was. "Thank you for comin' Jessica. I'm glad you could make it." I pulled back and smiled. "I'm gonna go find Hoyt now, but congrats again." She thanked me and I headed to the bar for a true blood. Jason was flirting with some girl and I shook my head. For Jason being Hoyt's best friend, they were completely different. "Hey Jess." I smiled. "Hey Jason. Any luck with your sister?" He looked sad again and shook his head no. I touched his shoulder. "Jason, we'll find her. Bill says he'd know if she...you know. We'll find her." He tried to look optimistic but couldn't and I felt so bad for him.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Hoyt walked into Merlotte's with Jessica on his arm as he looked on amazed at how Merlotte's had changed, filled with balloons, streamers and gently flowing music as he saw that the whole town had been invited, he saw his mamma sitting eating a piece of cake with other members of the Descendants of the Glorious Dead, watching him as he entered with Jessica. He went in search of Terry as Jessica was pulled into the arms of Arlene as he shook hands with Terry.

"Hey man, congrats. I am happy for you" he grinned as Terry smirked on happily, happier than Hoyt had ever seen him.

"Thanks Hoyt, I am one lucky man. I gots me a beautiful woman, two amazing kids and one of the way" he stuttered as he took a large sip from his beer.

"You sure have" he grinned.

"Hey it may be you and Jessica next" he smirked.

"Yeah maybe" Hoyt nodded as he searched out Jessica "I am just going to get a beer" and headed towards the bar, stopping as he heard Jason and Jessica talk.

"They will find her Jason, she is still alive" he rested his hand on Jason's shoulder as he nodded back at Hoyt, and stood and pulled him into a 'bear' hug.

"Thanks Bubba"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:00 pm

I smiled at Hoyt as he hugged Jason and reassured him that Sookie was okay. He knew just what to say and how to say it. I let them have a moment as Sam handed me my bottle of blood. Walking around the room at all the guests chattering about the service that I had to miss because the sun was still up. I heard the shrill voice behind me and clutched the bottle tightly in my hand almost to the point of shattering it. "He'll never marry a girl like you" Was all she said before she moved around me and spotted one of her church friends throwing a smile on her face and hugging the other woman. I would not let Maxine ruin my day with Hoyt. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction, so I just smiled and sipped my blood. I soon felt his hand on the small of my back as I turned and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. The beats of the music I recognized as our song, the one he always sang to me, the one we always danced to. His forehead resting against mine as the song played, with us swaying side to side.

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Hoyt had not spoken to his mother since he had moved out of her home, refusing to speak to her as she constantly harassed Jessica and their relationship. He heard a song start on the jukebox; it was their song. He soon found Jessica, his hand resting on her back and they rested against each other as the song had begun.

I've been a walking heartache, I've made a mess of me, The person that I've been lately. Ain't who I wanna be

His forehead rested against Jessica's as their bodies swayed to the soft music that seemed to affect everyone as they all joined in the dance, Hoyt turned to see Jason's mood lift as he was wrapped around some girl from out of town. Hoyt turned back to Jessica, a smile plastered upon his face as he started to hum the song and mimic the lyrics.

I can't do without you. We are stitched together. And what love has tethered. I pray we never undo

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:27 pm

I smiled and fought back the tears as the song continued to play. I remembered being a blubbering mess the night he first sang and played it for me. We had been moved in a week or so and I woke for the night. He had set up this candle lit dinner only with no food. Just candles, roses, and music. This man was the best thing that had happened to me and I was so happy.

God gave me you for the days of doubt,God gave me you for the ups and downs,God gave me you for the days of doubt

I mouthed the words with him as I looked into his eyes, so lost in this moment with him no one else seemed to be around us. After the song had ended I kissed him deeply and didn't stop until I heard Arlene announcing for everyone to take their seats for toasting. Hoyt filmed the toasts, then went around collecting messages. He pointed the camera at us and I smiled then giggled. He told them we were happy for them and I followed, "Yeah we really, really are...you know maybe one day if um, you know we're lucky...you'll get to help us celebrate." I smiled and turned to kiss him again before he pressed pause on the camera. "I love you Hoyt Fortenberry...always."
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Hoyt had remembered the first time he had heard this song, he had been listening to the radio whilst he was eating breakfast, and every lyric reminded him of Jessica, and that it expressed how he felt about her. When the music ended, Arlene began the toasts which Hoyt filmed, then he had begun going around the tables filming everyone's messages finishing with his and Jessica's.

"Terry, Arlene we are very happy for you" Hoyt grinned as he leaned into Jessica as he held the camera.

"Yeah we really, really are...you know maybe one day if um, you know we're lucky...you'll get to help us celebrate."

Hoyt paused the camera, everyone had been filmed, all except for one; Sookie. But he didn't want to damper such a great day.

"I love you Hoyt Fortenberry...always"

"I love you, always and forever" he grinned as he gently kissed her lips.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:17 am