For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Where To Begin?

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Where To Begin? Empty Where To Begin?

Post by Bill Compton Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:19 pm

~What Happened Before~

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1236-good-and-unexpected-news

~Moments Later~

Bill watched transfixed as Kiara ascended the stairs leaving only but the scents of dirt and dried blood in her wake as she head off to get herself ready for the arrival of their new house guest that would soon be arriving. Kiara seemed to take the news a lot better than he had expected her too, although he was still unsure how he was going to handle this. He knew that he was doing the right thing but he was still unsure of how to proceed, he did not have very much experience in childcare, and with the fact that he slept during the day and was only awake at night was going to cause a bit of problem. But he could not think about that now, he could hear the sound of the shifting gravel as a car approached the mansion.

This was it.

Bill had already alerted the guards to let them pass freely onto his estate. Bill tidied himself up a little, smoothing out the crinkles in his suit as he approached the door already hearing Mel coaxing the little girl to the door. Bill opened the door and plastered a smile across his face as he openly welcomed Mel and Sophie into his home.

"Mel, always a pleasure to see you" he grinned.

"Thank you Bill, thank you for this especially on such short notice. I know how busy you are" she grinned back "Bill, this is Sophie" she said softly as she held the little girl's hand.

Where To Begin? D-synd10

Bill bent down to his knees so that he was eye level with the child.

"Hello Sophie, my name is Bill" he smiled as he offered his hand to her, only to have it rejected as she tucked away behind Mel from him. Her small arms clutching a tattered teddy bear.

"She is a little shy. She hasn't said a word since this morning. But that is to be expected" she said softly.

"Of course" he nodded "I have some ice cream in the kitchen. Would you like some?" Bill smiled.

Sophie nodded slowly as he called one of his day staff to come and take her too the kitchen to fetch her any flavor of ice cream that she wanted. Once Bill was sure that she was out of earshot.

"She will open up, she just needs a day or two to adjust. She is a very sweet girl" Mel smiled.

"I am sure she is. Does she know what is happening?" he asked curiously.

"She knows, but like i said she will open up. Give her some time Bill....And thank you for doing this" she said smiling, touching his shoulder in gesture.

"Anything I can do to help Mel" he grinned back.

"So you have my number if you need anything. I have lined up some potential foster parents for her, we shall know by the end of the week" she said pulling out some files and handed them too Bill "I was wondering if you could check them over. I know you have ways and means that we can't"

"Of course I shall have my team straight on it and report them back to you as soon as i can"

"Thank you Bill" she leaned in to peck him on his cheek "I shall see you at the end of the week. Good luck"and with that she exited the mansion.

So the King of Louisiana...Bill Compton was now a temporary carer of a child. Thank god he wasn't alone in this.