For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Date Night

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Date Night Empty Date Night

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Thank the Lord my husband is a patient man. This long-awaited date was just too important to me. After a twenty minute shower, at least five different outfit changes (not including Lord knows how many times I just changed my shirt alone), and changing my mind about what shoes I was goin' to wear at least three or four times only to finally decide to wear the first ones I had on, Terry and I finally left our home and arrived to the restaurant, Tony's Steak and Seafood, fifteen minutes late for our reservation. All the time, Terry was just smilin' and tellin' me I looked pretty no matter what I wore and that if they couldn't seat us, he'd be happy just goin' to that crawdad place down the road.

Since we are late, I was expectin' them to say we lost our reservations, but lucky for us, they find us a seat within twenty-five minutes. "Not the best seat in the house," the hostess warns us as she takes us to our seat.
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Date Night Empty Re: Date Night

Post by Terry Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:02 pm

He waited, waited, waited some more and continued to smile and nod at the babysitter Arlene had done hired to stay with the kids insisting he take her someplace since they never went any where but work. He told Sam he and Arlene were taking the weekend off and that was final. Sam agreed, even though he wasn't given a choice in the matter. Arlene deserved a special night out, just the two of them. If she ever dressed in time. Finally she entered and they were out and off to the resturant only to lose their reservation and have to wait an extra twenty five minutes. By that time he could have ordered the whole damn menu and been satisfied.

"That don't matter none, any seat is fine as long as we get to eat."

Giving the waitress a smile, he helped Arlene in her chair and took a seat across from her. Taking the menu from the waitress he looked it over and ordered his drink, Arlene ordering hers. After a few minutes Arlene was ready to order and the waitress came back. She said what she wanted and he gave his order.

"I'll have the 8 oz steak, medium rare with the half dozen shrimp. Baked potato fully loaded on the side and a nice cold bud."

He smiled, handed her back the menu and rubbed his hungry stomach, grinning at Arlene.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Smiling wide, I apologize to Terry once again after the waitress walks off with our orders. At least the babysitter seemed to understand what was takin' so long. Terry was patient enough, but with him I coulda worn anything and he wouldn't have realized the difference I'm sure. I just enjoy lookin' my best when goin' out for a date night, I don't see any harm in that.

The waitress comes back briefly to refill Terry's already almost gone drink, and I glance at mine that's still pretty full. Nervously takin' a sip, I hear Terry's stomach growl. "Terry, honey, why didn't you eat a snack while you were waitin' on me? I didn't mean for you to starve yourself." I look around as more people are bein' seated, glad to have gotten here when we did.
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm

"Aw, it's no problem really darlin'. I get you wanna look pretty and all but you already do. In anything you wear. It's a woman's thing, I know. I didn't wanna spoil dinner, well jokes on me cos' now I'm starvin'.

He chuckled and shook his head, seeing her face change to guilt.

"Oh, no no not your fault. I shoulda had a snack like ya said."

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 pm

I smile when Terry tries to make me feel better, and once again look around at all the people. Somethin' doesn't feel right tonight, and I hope it's just me bein' paranoid. I attempt to shake the feelin' by makin' small talk with Terry until the waitress brings out our food, my 6 oz medium well steak and baked potato with butter and sour cream and Terry's steak, shrimp, and loaded potato. I look from his large plate and back to mine, small in comparison. Terry thanks the waitress for our food, and quickly starts diggin' into his food. I look back down at mine and start in on the potato. After a couple minutes, I look up at Terry and say, "you are such a good man, Terry." He pauses between shovin' his next bite in his mouth and looks at me and I continue, "I know I never really say anythin', but I appreciate how hard you work and how good you are to me and the kids."
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:42 pm

He stopped shoving the food in his mouth and looked up when she started to praise him. His cheeks heated up and he set the fork and knife down, reaching across the table to hold her left hand, his eyes going to her wedding ring. Thinking, so he wouldn't sound stupid as he always did, he looked back up and smiled.

"I love ya Arlene. And our kids. I wouldn't be a man if I didn't. It's because of your belief in me, that I am who I am today. I couldn't have done it without you."

All they'd faced between that smoke demon to Patrick seemed like a past long ago, now was their future. Now was their happiness.

"I'll always love you."
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Smiling at Terry's words, I begin to think about all that we'd been through and about how much Terry has changed over the years. He used to freak me out....a lot. But now, I couldn't imagine my life without him. Heartbreak after heartbreak, then completely bein' destroyed after nearly marryin' a serial killer, I didn't think I'd ever get this chance. Back then, I never woulda thought in a million years I'd be sittin' here today married to Terry and how great of a father he is.

I take my other hand and put it over his affectionately as I continue to smile. "Things are so different now.." I think aloud.
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:57 pm

He nodded.

"That they are, you know what they say all things must change or evolve. Or something similar to that."

Chuckling, he was silent for a moment then looked back up at her and smiled.

"I'm glad you married me Arlene, gave me the chance. I wouldn't have it any other way."

Scooting his chair over to her, he kissed her lips softly and kept them pressed there before leaving small pecks and sitting back in his chair.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Blushing at his words as Terry scoots over by me and kisses me so tenderly. "I wouldn't have it any other way either," I agree when he scoots back over. We finish up our last few bites of food and Terry signals for the waitress to bring over the check. While waitin' on her, I excuse myself to the bathroom, promisin' not to take very long. When I am done, Terry has paid the bill and is sittin' quietly waitin' on me.
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Terry waited for her after paying the bill and smiled when she came back to the table.

"Dinner was great, I'm stuffed. How about a movie. I'm sure the kids are fine. Or a drive, just the two of us?"

He wanted a night free from her motherly duties giving her a break. Just them, no interruptions, no drama and no sadness.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:33 pm

I believe the kids are fine, the babysitter has pulled through for me enough times. They would have been over at the Bellefleur mansion tonight, but they came home earlier today for some reason. I agree to just enjoy some more time with Terry, since it's so rare for us to be able to have the time. "Whatever you'd like to do is fine." I smile as he takes me hand and we walk out of the restaurant, a delicious dinner only the start of our wonderful night out together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:11 am