For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Testing the Waters

Kenya Jones
    Kenya Jones

Testing the Waters Empty Testing the Waters

Post by Kenya Jones Wed May 09, 2012 6:23 pm

*Smoothing down my dress with my damp palms, taking a huge breath opening the door walking in, looking around to see if anyone is staring. It's the usual crowd eating, drinking and playing pool. I wave at Jessica point towards a occupied table, she waves back understanding I am meeting someone. I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding. Weaving through the tables towards Kevin. I cannot believe he talked me into meeting him here in public after work. We can get around eating lunch in our uniforms but off the clock, bet you dollars to donuts people will talk.

I slide into the booth seat across from Kevin looking around to see if anyone is staring. No one is looking our way. Grabbing up the menu looking at it like it was my first trip here. I decide on fried shrimp. I look up over the menu to see Kevin staring at me with that goofy look he has when I take my clothes off in front of him. I glance around me to see if anyone is watching us, everyone is wrapped up in their own business. Smiling at Kevin I say,*

I am thinking about getting the fried shrimp. What are you thinking of getting?
    Kevin Ellis
    Kevin Ellis

Testing the Waters Empty Re: Testing the Waters

Post by Kevin Ellis Wed May 09, 2012 6:40 pm

~Sitting here waiting on Kenya to show up for our first out on the town date. She argued with me over this subject many times, I used to give into her but I am sick and tired of sneaking around. I am crazy head over heels in love with this vivacious, intelligent woman. Just looking at her makes my heart beat faster, if I think about her naked boy oh boy things come up quickly. She looks up at me over the menu and says what she's going to order and asked what I would like as well. She mentions the fried shrimp, suddenly that sounds like the best thing ever. I nod and say,~

I'll have the same with some fried pickles and a sweet tea.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 09, 2012 6:44 pm

I noticed Kenya come in and she acted a little strangely. Making her way to Kevin's booth way in the corner I tilted my head. Were they....nevermind. Not my business. I walked over to the booth and looked at them. I could hear Kenya's heart pounding. "What can I get y'all tonight?" I said with a smile trying to ignore the rhythm of her heart. As I wrote down their order, things seemed to be tense. The words spewed out of my mouth before I could stop it. "It'll be right out..Kenya you okay?" I shouldn't have asked her but too late now.
    Kenya Jones
    Kenya Jones

Post by Kenya Jones Wed May 09, 2012 6:50 pm

*Hearing Jessica asking me if I am okay was like pouring cold water in a piece of iron all I could hear was noise in my ears. I can't lie to this girl since she's a vampire she can tell by the beating of someone's heart if they are lying so I lean towards her in a loud whisper I say,*

Well umm Kevin and I are on a date. *I clear my throat* We have been seeing each other for quite some time but Kevin is tired of the whispers and comments about his sexuality because we have kept it quiet. *looking over at Kevin* I love this man and would gladly die for him.
    Kevin Ellis
    Kevin Ellis

Post by Kevin Ellis Wed May 09, 2012 6:53 pm

~I could have stood up on that table and let go a yell hearing Kenya finally admitting to our relationship. I look from Kenya to Jessica to see who was going to say something else. I wink at them, I could bust my britches with happiness at this moment. Hot Damn my girl has gone public.~

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 09, 2012 7:49 pm

I smiled wide at the love she had for him. I pat her shoulder gently "Well, I am so glad you two have one another. I'm guessing Jason has the night shift tonight." She smiled and nodded as Kevin looked at her so happy he looked like he'd explode. It was nice to see two people in love, from two different backgrounds, and completely different personalities. Made me think of Hoyt. I looked down at the thought and cleared my throat. "Well, I'll let you two love birds be alone while I bring this to Lafayette." I turned on my heel and headed for the kitchen hatch. Placing the order on the wheel, I turned to pour their drinks. Bringing them to their table without speaking so I wouldn't interrupt their date.
    Kenya Jones
    Kenya Jones

Post by Kenya Jones Wed May 09, 2012 7:57 pm

*Telling Jessica about our relationship was like a load of bricks came off my shoulders. I smiled at her feeling happier than I have felt in a while. Kevin looks about his going to bust a gut with pride. I smile at him sheepishly. He was right all along people weren't going to use the tar with feathers bit. We still have one huge hurdle with the parish sheriffs office. I shake my head and think one step at a time. I reach over grabbing Kevin's hand after Jessica brought our sweet teas.*
    Kevin Ellis
    Kevin Ellis

Post by Kevin Ellis Wed May 09, 2012 8:04 pm

~Kenya looks alot happier than she usually does. Mama always said the truth will set you free. She's freed of the biggest secret she has kept. Her reaching over and grabbing my hand was saying alot with so little. I wonder when I should ask her to come to Mama and Dads with me for the weekly dinner. I know her showing up would be a weight off their shoulders. Mama likes Kenya thinking she's got the best head on her shoulders, always going on that Kenya should run for Sheriff since she's the glue in the parish office. I know Dad will like her as well Kenya could talk guns, he would have another ear to bend about his war stories. I think I should table that for a bit, one step at a time.~

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 09, 2012 8:12 pm

"Order Up." *ding ding* Lafayette rung the bell and I went to get table 5 [Kenya and Kevin] order. Grabbing the warmed plates, the smell of fried shrimp making me want to hurl. I'd gotten used to the food smell, but it still smelled horrible. No matter how "use to" it I got. I set down Kenya's plate, then Kevin's and placed a stack of paper napkins on the edge of the table. I smiled at them both. "Y'all enjoy." I said as I turned to get the pitcher of tea from the bar. Bringing it back over to their table I refilled their drinks. "Anything else I can getcha?"
    Kenya Jones
    Kenya Jones

Post by Kenya Jones Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 pm

*When Jessica sat down the food I swear the girl was green, the word out there was vampires sense of smell is acute and I guess if you can't ingest food smelling it would be up there as well. Jessica was a special girl she has gotten Stackhouses head on straight, he's focused and not screwing things up. I think the girl is a miracle worker. She asked us refilling our teas if we need anything else I shake my head no, and giving her a grateful smile.*
    Kevin Ellis
    Kevin Ellis

Post by Kevin Ellis Wed May 09, 2012 8:47 pm

~I look at Jessica placing the food in front of us and refilling our drinks, she asked if we wanted anything else. I say,~

No Jessica I think we are fine thank you.

~ I look at Kenya, she was digging in that fried shrimp with gusto, that girl loves her food, really she lives life to the fullest. I know people don't see that part of her much. I have seen her at her worst, her best, and her naughtiest. That makes me come back for more.~

Have anything planned for after we eat? ~I ask~
    Kenya Jones
    Kenya Jones

Post by Kenya Jones Wed May 09, 2012 9:39 pm

* I look at Kevin trying to figure what's going on in that head of his. All I want to do is get these hose and dress off and hit the pillow to sleep, I had a rough day I have scratches and sore buttock from the tetanus shot.*

Baby I hope you don't mind taking a rain check on afterwards I am tired this shift was killer.

* I lean over the table kissing him in full view of the whole bar*
    Kevin Ellis
    Kevin Ellis

Post by Kevin Ellis Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 pm

~Kenya asking for a raincheck was a bit offputting, but she did have a trip to the ER and had to get a shot in the butt. But when she leaned over the table and kissed me in front of everyone I went instantly hard. I throw down enough money to cover the check plus a generous tip Jessica is good at her job. I stand up helping Kenya up from the booth, as we exited the bar every eye was on us, my arm around Kenya. I smile in the morning the whole parish will know. We walk to her car and she steps easily into my arms pressing herself against me kissing me. I slide my hands down her back accidently grazing her shot site. I kiss the side of her mouth to say I am sorry. I pull back before we get to far gone. I tell her I will call her when I get home to see if she made it safely.~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:31 am