For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

What's important

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

What's important Empty What's important

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 pm

The ride back home was long, luckily the sun had came up after a few hours of laying there in the Anubis coffin. Death pulled her under for a day sleep, Quinn and Victor haunting her dreams. Replaying the torture, the fighting, Quinn leaving....all of it causing her to release a blood tear as she slept. And most of all, the emptiness she felt that her own maker hadn't came for her. The promises he'd made to always be there for her, keep her safe and protect her...bullshit lies. All of it.

When her eyes finally jolted open, she looked up at the white coffin she was in. Pushing the lid off, she looked around and found herself still in the van.

"We're an hour out from that place you told me about. Bon Temps..."

She turned to see the guy from last night still driving and nodded. "Thank you." Climbing out of the coffin, she made her way to the passenger seat of the van. Normally she'd want to know how long he worked for Eric, who he was, what he was, but tonight she wasn't in the mood for conversation. Looking out the window at the passing scenery, she wondered where Quinn was and if he was okay. Their parting was....well, odd and it hurt. Hurt to know he'd just leave her there. Why had all the men she loved turned out to be disappointments?

The time seemed to slowly pass, when finally she saw the sign.
    What's important Bontemps-sign

"You can let me off here. I know my way back home. I'm sure you have to get back to Eric."

He nodded and pulled over, she silently thanked God that he didn't turn out to be someone she couldn't trust. Of course she was still weary of him when she climbed in the van, but figured if he wanted to kill her then maybe it was fate. There was no fight left in her after everything that had happened.

She waved and he pulled away, turning she looked back at the sign and sighed. "Home sweet home." With the speed she could muster, she took off into the night heading for the mansion.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

What's important Empty Re: What's important

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:00 pm

"Get some sleep, I shall only be downstairs. I won't be gone long" he whispered.

Bill wanted to leave Kiara to rest, he couldn't get everything out of his already fragile mind. Judith...His own blood was involved in the capture and torture of the woman he loved. Someone that he loved and cared for had betrayed him to the point of utter denial of their relation. He entered the lounge, ordering that he be left alone and that no one disturb him for the rest of the evening.

He glanced at his cell, he had heard nothing from his security detail whom was on the search for Jessica. Not a single detail, he just wanted this all to stop, everything to freeze. He couldn't take it any longer...Everything inside him breaking.

He continued to gaze into the burning flame, feeling the false warmth wash over his cool skin...Everything had changed, he had changed and was still changing...Lorena was right, he was weak. He doubted his thoughts, his actions, his own words of false survival. His hand reached into his pocket, the vial. It was still safely tucked away, safe..His possible salvation from himself.

Where was Jessica?

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 pm

She stopped at the gate only long enough for the guards to recognize her and let her in. Rushing towards the door, she opened it and heard faint sounds around her. Still a bit weakened from the hell she'd been through, her anger got the better of her and she headed straight for his office.

Empty.

Turning to go into the lounge, she opened the doors and spotted him with his back to the door. Dropping her arms to her sides, letting go of the door handles, she watched him. Shaking her head slowly and calming herself from wanting to hit him, make him feel the pain she felt.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:15 pm

'Your humanity....will be your downfall, William'

'I did it because I love you'

His mind was in such a fragile state, he couldn't believe anything that he was allowing his mind to think. Everything inside him told he to just do it, everything would be clear once again as it once was. All the warped pain he had inside of him would disappear...And he would be the King he knew he could be, the King of Oklahoma and Louisiana..

He was not paying attention to anything around him, only brought back to earth as he heard the doors behind him thud open as he turned, his face astonished as he saw her.

"Jessica?....Your here?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 pm

"No thanks to you. Oh Jessica, you're alive...glad to see you can take care of yourself." She mocked, stepping closer to him with each thing she said. "Oh, you were tortured? I can't believe I didn't feel a DAMN thing. Oh, you almost died...three times? I'm sorry I wasn't there, I had something dire come up."

She glared at him.

"WHICH IS IT!?!?!"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:27 pm

"Jessica...If you would calm down. I can explain...Kiara was taken by the Queen of Oklahoma, i had no choice but to go after her" he tried to explain.

He knew that she was hurt, but he had no idea that it had been as bad as she described to him. He was already in Oklahoma when he had first felt her pain, but he had to make a choice, a choice he would live with for the rest of his life.

"I-I could feel everything Jessica...But you are strong. I knew you would survive"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:35 pm

"I'm strong? You knew I'd survive? Kiara...oh I see, of course....that's what's important. More important than the person whose blood runs through your veins. The bond we share, it's nothing compared to your infatuation with that WOLF! I see where your loyalty lies...I see how important...or lack thereof, I am to you."

Her anger rose and she grabbed an antique vase, throwing it across the room and watching as it crashed against the wall into pieces.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT...WHAT--"

She screamed in frustration, dropping to her knees and shaking her head. "I...counted on you."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Bill flinched when he saw the vase crash against the wall, shattering into pieces as it scattered across the floor, Jessica sinking to the floor. He bent down to his knees as he tried to reason with her.

"Jessica...You are my progeny..You know I will always love you no matter what..I would have come for you. I already had a team out searching for, they still are as we speak" he whispered.

He leaned out to touch her cheek only to see her recoil from him.

"Jessica. You are my progeny. You are the heir to everything that I own, i would never have let anything happen to you if i can help it...But know I would have come for you"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:50 pm

She recoiled from his touch and saw a flash of Victor in front of her giving her chills. His words were barely heard when she pushed herself back against the wall, pulling her knees up to her chest. She broke and began to cry, feeling so alone, so abandoned.

When she looked up with a tear streaked face, she met his eyes and looked at him with pure disappointment.

"You sent a team after me, when all I wanted...all I needed was you. My maker."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Bill didn't know what to say, or what else to do to make her realize that he would have come for her. He could feel her sadness and pain flooding him, almost crippling him.

"Jessica...I am sorry....If i had known that you could not handle it. I would have come for you"

He felt nothing else but guilt, all the promises that he had promised her. Broken.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:02 pm

She wiped her tears and pushed herself up to her feet. Shaking her head, she shrugged and blew out a breath. "Whatever Bill, I'm tired of relying on people. I can't depend on anyone...Not you, Not Jason, Not.Even.Quinn. Maybe I should have just let him kill me."

The pain was intense and overwhelming. All the emotions from the torture, the abandonment by Bill and Quinn. It was all just too much. "I'm gonna leave you to play house with the one you love. I'm sure I'll be fine...I'm strong after all. Right?"

She turned away from him and grabbed the door handle, closing her eyes before she decided to open it.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:05 pm

"That is not fair Jessica! Don't put me in a position where i have to choose. As your Maker i will not allow it!" he unwillingly snapped at her.

Seeing her reaction was all he needed to know, she had given up on everything that they had between them, their bond gone. Disappeared in a instant of rash decision.

"Jessica..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:13 pm

She turned to face him and scoffed. "Make you choose? I'm not making you choose. You already did. I won't bother you again, don't worry." She turned and grabbed the door handle, opening the door and stopping in her tracks before adding one more thing.

"Good bye Bill." She whispered before she dashed out of the house, heartbroken and shattered.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:25 pm

"JESSICA!......JESSICA!" Bill screamed out after her.

But she had gone.

Everyone was gone.

He was alone.

A spark of anger flashed through his eyes, and this time he didn't allow himself to stop it from seeping through the cracks, he let it break through like a tidal wave. His hands reaching out to anything that he could find. Couches began flying through the air, tables smashed into thousands of small wooden pieces, piercing his hands. He didn't stop, and he didn't want to. All he could do was let it all out, the room had became a bomb site, unrecognizable.

He turned to meet the face of the one that had not abandoned him.

Lilith

A smirk spread across her bloodied face.

What's important 082212-lilithgrab-nodid

"Welcome home Bill"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:29 pm