For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

+2
Arabella Trillo
John Quinn
6 posters

Homecoming

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Homecoming - Page 2 Empty Re: Homecoming

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Quinn smiled as Arabella ducked under his arm, pulling it around her shoulders as they walked into the bar. Quinn nodded to Sam before walking up to Jessica and the unknown vampire that had his arms around her.

"Looks like things have changed a bit around here since I was here last."

He glanced behind the bar and smiled.

"I have three cases of pure blood from a safe source in the trunk, Sam. They are all yours if you want them for your clients."

He looked back at the vampires.

"It's been a while, Jessica. I see you have found a new friend."
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:02 pm

When he walked through the doors, she felt the heart that no longer beat drop to the pits of her stomach. When she saw the girl under his arm, so close to him, so happy, said heart broke again. She swallowed hard and was unable to look away. No matter how much she protested inside, she couldn't move.

Then, she caught his scent. It was not the scent she remembered, but something...different. Not as much were but more closer to vampire. Or was it just because her scent was all over him and masking it? He'd surely moved on quickly, who did he think he was? She couldn't speak, she looked into his eyes searching for the man she once knew, but she didn't see him. Instead the girl next to him with a smirk on her face that she'd like to knock till next Tuesday stood there like his protector or something. What was he hers?

Her fists balled against James' shirt as her body went frigid hearing his voice, even that....wasn't the same. He left a stranger and came back one too.
    James Kent
    James Kent

Post by James Kent Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:12 pm

James looked the newcomer over, and his friend. His very presence was making Jessica more upset. He was concerned and wrapped his arms tighter around her.

"You would be Mr. Quinn, I am guessing. She has spoken of you. You have been away through a lot. I guess welcome back."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Sam watched the exchange in confusion, his nose was picking up vampire, more vampire than were. Being a Tiger, Quinn's scent was a lot stronger than that of a simple wolf or shifter and yet, it was faint. He stepped back and tossed the bar rag near the register. -Yeah, that would be great. I'll go ahead and get that. Might help to have.-

He moved around the bar and looked between Jessica and her friend, then to Quinn. -Just don't want no trouble in my bar, okay?-
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:28 pm

He smiled at Sam and nodded.

"No trouble Sam. Just got back to town and thought I would come by and introduce my progeny to those I once thought I knew."

He turned back toward Jessica and her friend.

"I am aware of some of what has been going on in my absence. It seems not all though. I made you a promise, Jessica. One that I would be faithful to you until you made the choice to walk away."

He threw a picture on the counter. It was obviously a still shot from a video camera, grainy but clear enough to see what was in the image.
    Homecoming - Page 2 Tb-s0610

"I have kept to my promise to be faithful. My progeny can attest to that fact. I don't know why you chose to betray what we had, but that is yours to own. I left because I had to get answers. I found them, but the answers were very different than I expected them to be."
    James Kent
    James Kent

Post by James Kent Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 pm

James looked down at the picture, then at Jessica and Quinn.

"Little one, I think we should give them time to talk alone. Perhaps, with your maker's permission of course, we could go sit over there and try some of that blood he brought Sam."

He offered his hand gently to the vampire at Quinn's side and looked at Jessica.

"Simply say my name and I will be by your side, Jessica."
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Arabella looked at the outstretched hand in confusion, then up at Jonathan. He nodded and she slipped out from his side and took the handsome vampire's hand. They went to a table where both of them could keep an eye on things and waited for the waitress to come over. She silently prayed that she was making the right choice in moving from his side.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:57 pm

It was like a cold hard slap in the face.

"...introduce my progeny to those I once thought I knew." Those words were harsh, cold and distant...but what followed was much worse.

"I am aware of some of what has been going on in my absence. It seems not all though. I made you a promise, Jessica. One that I would be faithful to you until you made the choice to walk away."

When he dropped the photo on the bar, she quickly grabbed it so that no one else saw and closed her fist shut.

"I have kept to my promise to be faithful. My progeny can attest to that fact. I don't know why you chose to betray what we had, but that is yours to own. I left because I had to get answers. I found them, but the answers were very different than I expected them to be."

She barely heard James leave her side, knowing he did and that he was near helped but she was frozen in place. The vampire that hung on his arm reluctantly left his side as James suggested. Customers had begun to leave and it had slowed down. She looked up into his eyes and then around the bar before moving around him and walking towards the corner of the bar near the pool tables for more privacy from Sam's customers. Her back to him still, she closed her eyes and slowly turned to face him.

Pain filled her eyes, filled her heart. She looked down at the crumpled photo in her hands and felt herself on the verge of tears. "You always think you know...that you've got all the information." She looked up and straightened her back. "So go ahead and tell me, you've got all the answers now don't you?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Quinn followed Jessica to the back corner, watching Arabella turn in her seat to keep him in view. When he spoke, it was barely a whisper but he knew Jessica would hear him.

"Jessica. Far from it. I found some facts about my condition, and the fact that it was something far more puzzling than we had expected it to be. I am not a V-addict. I am something else...and becoming something more...I am still trying to figure the rest out as I go. Arabella, my progeny, and I are both trying to get caught up on what has gone on. I was gone for quite a while finding out what I needed but I told you I would be back when I found my answers. I do not know everything that happened when I was gone."

He glanced toward James and nodded to Arabella.

"I am glad you found someone who makes you happy, Jessica. I do not wish you more pain, but I also do not wish to cut ties. If he makes you smile, then be with him. It seems that he does. I wish you both well. I only wish I had heard about it directly from you."

He dropped his gaze to the crumpled photo.
    "...instead of through back channels..."

He looked back in her eyes.

"If you want me to walk away, say so. If you wish to remain friends, say so. Just do not leave me in silent ignorance. That is all I ask."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:19 pm

She spoke loudly as her anger got the better of her, "That's RIGHT! You were GONE!" She lowered her gaze and pressed her lips together to close her mouth. She couldn't look at him after her outburst. Finally, he broke the silence and made her look up.

"I am glad you found someone who makes you happy, Jessica. I do not wish you more pain, but I also do not wish to cut ties. If he makes you smile, then be with him. It seems that he does. I wish you both well. I only wish I had heard about it directly from you."

She moved her gaze to James who was looking their way, listening to the conversation just as whatever her name was. Lowering her eyes, she sniffled back the tears that threatened to fall and shook her head. "I never knew for sure if you would come back Quinn." She looked up, "I thought you were---dead. How you're able to be a maker, I don't know or understand. What you're becoming? A vampire?" She lifted her hands to her head to try to focus through all the emotions she felt.

Closing her eyes she inhaled as he spoke. "If you want me to walk away, say so. If you wish to remain friends, say so. Just do not leave me in silent ignorance. That is all I ask."

She opened her eyes and glanced at James before looking back at Quinn. "I was ready to die. I'd accepted it." She lowered her eyes, "Then I met James and he showed me a kindness I hadn't had before...not since..." She looked up to meet his eyes. "Not since you. If I were going to die, I wanted to know...I wanted to experience what I hadn't. I never thought...or saw...or imagined I'd feel...the way I do. I don't even understand these feelings! Because I'm stuck on wondering why you never looked for me! Why you never contacted me! I saw the picture too Quinn, I saw you were happy..." Her eyes went to Arabella, "Without me."

Looking away from him, she folded her arms across her chest and fought back her tears. "What happens next, I don't know..." She looked at him with a hard look. "The ball is in your court, I'm tired of making the decisions. I'm tired of....getting let down." She said the words before she thought and immediately regretted it.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Quinn looked at her confused.

"what picture?"

He thought carefully, then rolled his eyes.

"Vincent...."

He let out a frustrated sigh.

"I was happy in Shreveport, yes, because I was making my plans to come home. I had gotten a lab started researching the new vampire virus and we had finally discovered the carrier was the synthetic blood. This was great news since it made it easier to contain."

He looked over to his Ari.

"Arabella...well, that is a complicated story for another time. I was sorry to hear about Terry. Vincent put some white roses on the grave for me."

He took a breath and looked in her eyes.

"As for why I did not look for you, I did not know you were gone. As far as I knew you were at Compton's mansion. I did not find out about the "center" until I got back, and by that time you were not there. I understand you can now walk in the sun. I am happy for you. I know how much you missed that. I just wish we could walk in it together."

He took her hand in his and forced a smile.

"Jessica, I am happy you found him. He seems to make you as happy as I ever did, and since he is a vampire as well, there are no limitations like there were for us, like aging..."

He watched as she turned away, her words stinging as she spoke them..
    "I'm tired of....getting let down."

"Then I will leave you to your new friend. I hope he makes you happy. I still have much to figure out and will not burden you with my troubles any more. I just want your happiness. When I know more of what is going on and what is happening with me, I will send word, in case you wish contact. In the mean time, you have Vincent's number."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:52 pm

She lowered her head in thought as he spoke, explaining his happiness. She immediately felt bad about thinking the worst, but really....he left and she had no idea where he was. Even Vincent lost contact with him. She assumed he was done with her or worse..dead. Being in the camp made her scared, more scared than she'd ever been. She expected to die there, never to see him again...or Bill. She needed someone, she needed him. Instead, James continued to hold her up and focus on something positive. She liked him...did she love him? She wasn't really sure. She could...she surely could love him.

"As for why I did not look for you, I did not know you were gone. As far as I knew you were at Compton's mansion. I did not find out about the "center" until I got back, and by that time you were not there. I understand you can now walk in the sun. I am happy for you. I know how much you missed that. I just wish we could walk in it together."

"It seems like no matter what, we will always be separated by our nature...by something..." She looked back down again, a bit sad. "I can't walk in the sun anymore. It was temporary, it was because that was the only way to save my life, James life....everyone there. Bill nearly sacrificed himself." She shrugged, "It was nice while it lasted." When he held her hands, she looked down at them as he spoke.

"Jessica, I am happy you found him. He seems to make you as happy as I ever did, and since he is a vampire as well, there are no limitations like there were for us, like aging..."

It reminded her of all they couldn't have, of all the obstacles they tried to ignore. All the signs and signals. She turned away and said the words she immediately regretted. "I'm tired of...getting let down." She moved around him and was about to walk away when he spoke again without turning around.

"Then I will leave you to your new friend. I hope he makes you happy. I still have much to figure out and will not burden you with my troubles any more. I just want your happiness. When I know more of what is going on and what is happening with me, I will send word, in case you wish contact. In the mean time, you have Vincent's number."

She looked over her shoulder at him as he turned around and shook her head no. In the next instant, she had her lips pressed against his with such urgent need it shocked even her. Pulling back away from him, she brought her fingers to her lips and stared at him, unsure of why or what she just did. "I can...I can't do this...." She turned from him and sped out of the bar with vampire speed.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Her kiss had shocked him to silence for a moment, then she sped out of the bar. He watched as James bolted after her. Arabella finished her drink and walked over to him.

"Was that about the reception you expected?"

Quinn chuckled and smiled at her.

"Actually, no. It went a bit better than anticipated."

He took a look around and waved at Sam before they went back out to the car. There was still a lot to deal with. First of was to have a chat with Vincent about a picture...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 3:07 pm