For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Secret Garden

James Kent
    James Kent

Secret Garden Empty Secret Garden

Post by James Kent Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:06 pm

James waited for the right moment. He had peeked at Bill's schedule and knew he had about twenty minutes after this meeting before another one. As the visitor walked out of the office, he motioned in the air, trying to get Bill's attention.

"Can I have about three minutes of your time, Mr. Compton?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Secret Garden Empty Re: Secret Garden

Post by Bill Compton Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:26 am

Bill had been dismissive during his first meeting of the night as he knew that it would be filled with endless forms and questions. It was his next meeting that he was dreading as it was a team from the local TV station and a reporter that was due. But he knew that he had no choice as he needed to help raise the status of the vampire community since the whole escapade at the Vampire Authority.

Glancing through his already pre-prepared statement as he heard someone call to him as he looked on as he tried to put a name to the face. He knew him to be one of the vampires from the camp but since his mind was filled with other things he could not remember his name.

"If you are quick, I have a very busy evening ahead" he spoke as he turned his attention back to reading his statement.
    James Kent
    James Kent

Post by James Kent Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:31 am

"Of course, Mr. Compton. I am James. Jessica and I have been spending time together..."

He paused, putting his wording as best he could.

"You see, Mr. Compton, My passion has always been nature...you know...plants..."

He could hear the nervousness in his own voice but pushed on.

"I was wondering, if you would not mind, if I might utilize a back corner of the estate to put something together for Jessica. I was telling her about the gardens I maintain for the vampires where I am from, and well...she expressed interest in it. I would like to make a small night garden here for her, if you will permit it, Sir. That way even without leaving home, she could see a little bit of the outside world. A bit of my world."

He stopped and waited with anticipation.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:37 am

"A garden?" he repeated.

Placing his statement back on his desk as he pondered 'James' request about using a small part of his estate to build something for his progeny Jessica.

"James is it? Well it seems that you have begun to know my progeny far better than I do. But if you believe that she would enjoy this...Then I do not see why I should stand in your way. Although you will understand anyone who is not permitted on my lands will have to undergo a search and anything that you have brought it will need to inspected. These are delicate times and I cannot take any risks with my progeny's life. You understand I am sure" he left out there for his words to sink in.
    James Kent
    James Kent

Post by James Kent Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:44 am

"Of course, Mr. Compton. That is a simple enough thing to understand, with all that has been going on. The grand majority of the things coming in will be plants. I'll be doing to work myself.All I need is two pieces of heavy equipment, both of which I can run myself. I can even get them from a certain provider, if you have one already vetted for the grounds. I appreciate you allowing me to do this for Jessica, Mr. Compton. I am sure she will love it. You of course will be welcome to see it anytime you wish as well. I run the St.Croix Memorial Night Gardens in Shreveport, so you can understand, I have a bit of practice at this kind of thing.The gardens were a tribute to my Maker, and as such bears her name. The one I am planning for Jessica will be designed especially for her, with night blooming flowers rather than the variety that is at St.Croix. That way everything will be at it's best when she can be around to see it. Thank you again for allowing this, Mr. Compton. You won't regret it."

James fell silent when he realized he was rambling.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:49 am

"Oh I do not doubt your ability James on this matter I have heard good things about the memorial gardens in Shreveport, although I can say that I have never had the chance to visit them myself. But if you believe that you can bring some of that here. Then I do not foresee a problem with it. So you have my permission to go ahead with this project" he assured James.

Bill turned his attention back to his statement as he placed it back in front of him as he cast a glance back at James.

"Perhaps when you see Jessica again, you will express my need to see her" he told James.
    James Kent
    James Kent

Post by James Kent Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:53 am

"Thank you, Mr. Compton, you will not regret it."

James turned to leave, turning back as he realized he had not been dismissed.

"Oh, and I will tell her as soon as I see her. You will see, it will be lovely."

He grinned and started going over in his mind what styles to bring...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:58 am

"Thank you....Now if you will excuse me I have another meeting to prepare for" he told James.

James instantly bowed his head is dismissal as Bill turned his full attention back to his agenda for the evening. He could hear a car slowly approach the main entrance to his home as he looked out of his window and saw the news reporter and two men who were carrying video equipment. Sighing heavily he knew that this was going to drag on much longer than he wanted. 

But it had to be done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:04 am