For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

When We Meet Again

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

When We Meet Again Empty When We Meet Again

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:59 am

Hoyt knew that while he was in town that there was someone that he needed to see. Jessica. He did not know if she still had the old place that they used to share but he figured that he should check at vampire Bill's place. A good place to start. Turning off down the road that led to vampire Bill's place he could already see the guards begin to flank his truck telling him to stop.

"Problem? Officers" he frowned at him being stopped at the gates.

"State your name and your purpose" one of the guards instructed shining a flash light into his face.

"Hoyt Fortenberry sir, I need to speak to Jessica Hamby" Hoyt told the guard.

One of the guards turned to another and pulled out a cell and was now making a call.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

When We Meet Again Empty Re: When We Meet Again

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:34 pm

She was giggling as James rolled her over and continued to tickle her and make her laugh. She heard her phone buzz and due to the ringtone, knew it was the main gates. She wondered why Bill hadn't answered it, but instead she pushed on James chest and giggled. "Okay okay, I give." She smiled when he backed up a bit and grabbed her cell. "Let me get this really quick." She smiled and kissed him before answering. One of the guards she forgot his name spoke.

"Miss Hamby, Hoyt Fortenberry is here to see you." She nearly dropped the phone, in a flash she was off the bed and her back to James.

"You...did you say..."

"Hoyt Fortenberry? Yes."

"I uh...um...tell him...tell him to give me a minute." She hung up the phone and looked around for a shirt. She was just in her bra and jean shorts. Pulling a shirt on, she saw James concerned look and tried to explain. "A friend...is here. Um he...he's been out of town and we lost touch. It's been a while since I seen him so I should really go. Alone. I'll come get you to meet him though, I'd just like to see him first. Please understand?" His smile and the way he sped over to her to kiss her lips were enough for her. She grinned and kissed him back. "I'll be right back. I'm sure you can occupy yourself." She said, referring to the Xbox they had been playing earlier. Turns out it was really fun.

She left the room and went straight to gates, telling the guards to let him in. She followed him in after he drove up and smiled, a bit nervous and not sure how to act. Why was he here? Would he be angry or would he be kind? She waited until he got out his truck.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:52 am

Hoyt knew that something was happening when the gates opened and the guards allowed him to enter the grounds. He caught a glimpse of a blur speeding past him as he drove to the main building of vampire Bill's house. He parked his truck and hesitated a moment when he could see Jessica standing there waiting for him. He opened the door, creaking as it did and hopped out closing the door behind him.

He kicked his heel on the ground, finding this a little more uncomfortable than it should have been considering the last time that they spoke. 

".....Hey Jess. Long time no see" he blurted out.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:02 pm

She blinked and remained silent for a few moments, feeling him out. He was being...nice? Sorta. Maybe? She smiled nervously and nodded. "Yeah...it has. I uh...well, what brings you here? Everything alright?" She felt slightly awkward and didn't really know what to say or what to think for that matter.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Hoyt had the whole speech that he was going to say in his head, he had even practised it over and over. But now his mind had gone blank.

"You know, visiting my mama and I figured I would come by and say hey I guess. Vampire Bill is not around is he?" he quizzed Jessica.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:08 pm

She ran her fingers through her hair, fidgeting and listened to why he was here. She smiled and shrugged. "Well, it's good to see you. I um..I'm glad you came by." She swallowed a bit and looked around, before shaking her head no to him. "No, he's not. Did you need to speak to him?" She was curious why he would want to speak to Bill, that was odd.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 pm

"It don't matter, I guess it was you I just wanted to see...I loved you once Jess, I know I asked you to glamour me and make me forget but that doesn't want for some reason....I need you to promise me something Jess...." he ended abruptly.

Hoyt knew if Amy found out that he had told someone, she would be pissed.

"I need you to promise me that you won't come looking for me while I am here. I can't have anyone near my kids. They are special, like Sookie" he told her, without telling her the whole entire story.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:20 pm

She went to speak but stopped when he continued, what came out of his mouth was something she was not expecting at all. She blinked rapidly and shifted her weight, trying to process what he had just asked her. "You...wait you have kids? You...you...think I would...." She let her thoughts trail off and her mind went straight to her last encounter with fae kids, Andy's girls. She had killed all except for one and that one lived out of pure luck. She couldn't control herself around the fae blood and it still ate her up inside. She looked away from him, just nodding her head. "I understand." The guilt she had pushed away had come flooding back like a tidal wave.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm

"Yeah, two boys, Elijah and Lucas" he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small photo of them from his wallet.

Hoyt knew that he had upset Jessica by asking her to do what he requested of her.

"It's not just you Jess. Amy told me what vampires will do if they smell them. They are all I got and I don't want them hurt ever. You understand?" he looked on sincere.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:30 pm

She sighed and moved her eyes to look at the photo he presented, forcing a sad smile. They were the cutest things. They were twins and they looked just like Hoyt. She wanted to be happy for him, but she was slightly jealous. She inhaled slowly and nodded. "Yeah, I know. It's...it's fine, really. You're right and I can understand you just wanting to protect them. Especially..." She almost said 'around me' but stopped. "They are very precious though, congratulations. I'm happy for you Hoyt, really." She forced a smile.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Returning the photo back to his wallet he could not help but see the sadness in Jessica's eyes. Once upon a time Hoyt imagined having kids with Jessica if it were possible.

"I guess things worked out for us both. I got a family, and you look like you are doing good. You happy Jess?" he ended in a whisper

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:37 pm

She wrapped her arms around herself in a hug and looked up, meeting his eyes. She tried to hide the sadness but knew she was failing. She forced a sad smile and shrugged. "Most days, yeah. If there isn't a war, there's some other kind of threat. I'm just tired of fighting, I just want to live my life and be happy." She sighed and shook her head. "The one good thing about being locked up in a vampire concentration camp was meeting James. He saved me, had it not been for him....I might have lost my mind." She forced a laugh. "He's a great guy, really great."

She leaned against his truck, still holding herself. "You happy? You look happy."
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Hoyt frowned "Vampire concentration camp?" he repeated her words. 

Wasn't that something that they had in world war or something he thought to himself.

"I am glad that you found someone, that we both did...And yeah I am happy, I got two kids and Amy. I own my own place in Alaska. I got my mama here, and friends...I will be staying at one of Sam's place for a while, so if you ever need to talk? Just as friends" he suggested to her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:48 pm

She nodded and went to explain. "Yeah, apparently humans, namely Governor Burrell thought it would be fun to capture vampires and do experiments on us to see how we worked, our weaknesses...then he tainted the true blood with this virus and well...it's all gone to hell since then Hoyt." She blew out a breath and looked back over at him.

"Thanks, I mean...you too. I uh...I'm here if you wanna talk. Friends." She offered him a genuine smile.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:53 pm

"I guess vampire Bill is keeping it off the news? Haven't heard much of it in Alaska" he ended hearing his cell beep again.

Pulling it out of his pocket he opened the message and saw that it was from Amy. His mama was driving her mad again about what to feed the boys.

"Friends" he grinned at Jessica "Listen, I have to get going, my mama driving Amy mad...But I guess I shall see you around?" he looked on hopeful.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:06 pm

She nodded. "Oh...okay, of course." She forced a smile and awkwardly moved off his truck, not sure if she should hug him or shake his hand. "You uh...have a great visit. I'll stay out of your way, promise." She smiled reassuringly towards him.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Hoyt knew that it would be awkward between them, but he did not want Amy to know that he had seen Jess. He held out his hand and shook hers.

"See you around Jess...It was good to see you" he grinned, opening his truck door and hopped inside and started the engine "I missed you Jess" he whispered again before backing his truck out of the gates.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:15 pm

She looked at his hand and stalled for a moment before realizing he wanted to shake her hand. Awkward. She shook his hand and watched as he got into his truck. After he started the engine, she heard his soft whisper and smiled. Hoyt would always hold a special place in her heart as her first love. She watched him pull out of the drive and said into the silent night, watching his taillights slowly disappear.

"I miss you too, Hoyt."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:40 pm