For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Authority Headquarters

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

The Authority Headquarters  Empty The Authority Headquarters

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:45 am

"In the name of the one true Vampire Authority in who’s wisdom and justice all is made manifest by God, do not fucking move"

We were surrounded. They had handcuffed us in silver, the smell of burning flesh surrounded the air, as Eric and Nora were silvered also. The last thing i saw was the look of annoyance on Eric's face, as they had placed a black hood over my head.

I felt myself being forced into a room, and my arms were released from the cuffs. The black hood was pulled from my head, and i saw that i was in a cell, which I was guessing at the Vampire Authority Headquarters. The cell to the door was locked. I saw Eric and Nora forced down the hall, as the soldiers closed the cell door was closed and sealed.

I walked towards the door and grabbed the bars, silver burned my hands and i released it. I paced around the room, and i heard Eric and Nora's cell doors being locked.

I paced my cell, looking for an escape, guards were at the end of the hallway, silver was my only obstacle. I felt a vibration in my pocket, i still had my phone. Withheld number, i answered the phone.

"Hello?"

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

The Authority Headquarters  Empty Re: The Authority Headquarters

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:55 am

‎"Bill! Oh Finally! I was worried sick...where are you. I been trying to call you. I uh...had a question or two for you." Truth was I didn't really want to ask that particular question, but he was all I had. I was getting a little tired of the True Blood and could find the number he called for all those donors. Plus I needed some advice on the Steve Newlin situation. Maybe I wouldn't tell him everything. I didn't want him to think I couldn't be trusted. I wanted him to know that the kingdom was under control...hopefully. I smiled and sat in his black swivel chair behind his desk and propped my legs up on the top his desk. I was Queen...for now. And I was liking it.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 pm

It was Jessica's voice. She seemed calm and safe from what I could tell. The Authority had nothing to use against me for my crimes. As long as she was safe, If i was to meet the True Death, i would know that she was safe. "I had some business that i had to attend to out of state with Eric. It shall take a little longer than expected. So i should be out of town a bit longer than expected." I sighed and tried to imagine what it was she would be doing whilst I was not in Louisiana. I had taught Jessica to respect the staff and our home, and fully believed that she would follow those instructions as i had told her before myself and Eric were taken. I had weakened the bond between us, so she felt no hurt that I was experiencing or would be experiencing, if rumors of the Authority's torture methods were true, i did not want Jessica to feel any pain, if i met the True Death. "Are you alright Jessica?" i asked trying to soften her worry about me.
    2 seconds ago · Like

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 pm

I sighed. "Well, okay. Just be safe okay? I uh...was wondering if I could call for a donor every now and then? The True Blood is getting kinda old and I know how you feel about me hunting. And um...can I do anything about a vampire in Louisiana, that may have an agenda to cause trouble? Like...can I kill him?" That was putting it mildly, but I wanted to know what my rights were as acting Queen. Last thing I needed was to stake Steve Newlin and then get in trouble for it. No thank you. Bill sounded as if he was trying to hide something, which if he was I guess it was none of my business.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Jessica had asked about blood donor's, I was pleased that she felt she was able to ask me such a question. I myself had found it hard to only sustain on True Blood, and then my hunger was muted when I had met Sookie. But it wasn't just her blood, i had a hunger for...it was everything about her. "You may use donor's Jessica, but only every few days. I want you to be able to use True Blood. I don't want you to be able to live sustain on donor's." And then i thought about what she had said about a rogue vampire in Louisiana. "Jessica, you do not have the authority to sentence the True Death to this vampire. Tell the guards under my orders to follow this vampire, and if he commits any crimes under my law of Louisiana, to put a stop t it, by any means necessary." I had faith in her, that she would do as i told her, i would not have to command her. I would take away her free-will just the opposite of what my maker had done to me.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:29 pm

I nodded even though he couldn't see me. I was a little bummed that I couldn't do it myself, but I could give the orders. Which was still cool. "Yes Bill, I understand. And where can I find the number for the donors? I've looked everywhere. Might have gotten misplaced after the...." I stopped myself. If he knew I was having parties, no matter how small or innocent he'd blow a gasket. "You know what? I think the day staff would have that info, right?" Please be saved please be saved!
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:38 pm

I knew that she would follow my orders, it seemed that in my hundred odd years as vampire, Jessica was my most greatest achievement, Eric was right, being a maker was very rewarding. I would go to the end of the world for Jessica, I could only hope that she could feel the love and pride i had for her. "If you speak to one of the day staff, they will arrange for a donor to be sent to you Sweetheart." I had heard about misplacing the number, but i gave her the benefit of the doubt, after all she was still technically a young girl. "Jessica......." I couldn't finish my sentence, I didn't want to finish it, if i had carried, i would have tried to say some sort of goodbye. I just couldn't bring myself too do it. I would not have Jessica put in harm's way for me.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 pm

"Bill you alright? You don't sound like...yourself. Are you in trouble or something. I can feel something just isn't right." I was beginning to worry. He almost sounded...I didn't know how he sounded. All I know is he didn't sound right. Bill had always been so tough and father like, and now he was like sweet and sad sorta? Something in the pit of my stomach told me that Bill was in trouble, but I didn't know what to do or how to respond to it. I hoped he knew that if he needed me I'd help him in any way I could. I twirled his pen in my hand and waited for him to answer me.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:51 pm

"I am fine sweetheart, you do not have to worry about me. I will be fine" I tried to re-assure her. I did not want Jessica trying to find me. But if i had the sense that she would be, I would have too do something that i did not want too do, i would close the bond off to her. I did not want her to fall into the hands of the Authority. She was a young vampire compared too myself or even Eric for that matter. "It is just some business Jessica, it will just take some time to be finished. Do not worry about me. I have faith in you sweetheart. I know you will do me proud" I could feel the rim of my eyes dampen with blood. Deep down inside of me i knew that this could be the last time i talk to Jessica. I wanted her to remember me as being King, a strong maker for her. But deep down inside i knew that wasn't true, but would never show Jessica that my death was approaching.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:57 pm

"Okay, then. If you're sure." I hated to hang up with him he sounded so miserable. Maybe king business was boring and miserable. The doorbell rang and I looked up with big eyes. "Oh. That must be Jason." I didn't want to tell him it was my college friends again. I figured he had enough on his plate. "Call if you need? Promise?" I stood from his desk and began to head for the door, making a "shh" motion with my finger against my lips.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:05 pm

"Do not worry about me Jessica, I will be alright, and will return home soon" I lied. There was a strong possibility that i would not live to see another day. I wanted Jessica to remember me as I was, not at who I was now. "Have fun sweetheart and I will see you soon." I could hear that the door was opening and Jessica was answering the door to Jason. I could only hope that one day Jessica would be as happy as i once was with Sookie. That she had found love, happiness, trust with someone that i once had it with. A regret that would live with me, should i not meet the True Death.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 pm

I reluctantly hung up. I sure hoped that all was as well as Bill said it was. But my friends were here and it was time to let loose and just be a teenager for once. I tried to push the worry out of my head, without luck. "What are we doing tonight guys?" I asked as I slid my cell in my pocket. I hadn't talked to Jason since the other night, and he'd hung up on me. So I put on my best smile and headed for the "living" room or den as some call it and got my party on.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Jessica had hung up, I was silently thankful that hopefully she had not picked up on my concern. Part of my had wanted to tell her what was happening, but i would not risk Jessica's life for my own. I paced my cell, as i could hear the guards at the end of the hallway talking about us being summoned to the Authority's chamber. I opened my cell and quickly texted Jessica.

~TEXT~
    Jessica...My child. I have faith in you that you will do well. You have never disappointed me. You are the single greatest thing in my life that i have never regretted. As your maker...your father your the one person that has brought light back into my life, and i am thankful for that. You make me proud to be your maker....I love you Jessica.

~TEXT SENT~

I turned my phone off. I just hoped that Jessica would not receive my text until it was time to. I had decided that if the Authority was to sentence us to the True Death, I would close the bond of between us. And as Jessica was such a young vampire, hopefully she would not notice as quickly as i would hope.This feeling brought red tears too my eyes. I heard the guards open the door to my cell, the tallest one walked towards me and placed my hands in silver cuffs, i winced slightly as the silver burned my flesh. They guided me out of my cell and down the corridor, as I saw Eric being handcuffed also. We glanced at each other, as he tried to smirk my way, i just merely nodded to him. And then continued to follow the guards to the Authority's chamber. This was it. My fate....Our fate lay in the hands of the Vampire Authority....All i could do was silently pray...........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:11 am