For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Who needs an authority?

Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Who needs an authority?  Empty Who needs an authority?

Post by Nora Gainsborough Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:50 pm

After the encounter with John and his lady friend Jessica, I sat behind the bar at Fangtasia and considered the idea of returning back to what used to be the authority. Logically, I know it wouldn't be the best idea after promising my brother I would never set foot anywhere near there again. - I pause for a moment and let out a sigh- I have to. - I thought- I need to figure out what happened to Salome. She was a dear friend of mine and it bothers me greatly on how she could just die without anyone knowing how or why. - I stood up and looked around the club, hoping Eric or Pam weren't in sight. Once they were nowhere to be found, I walked out of the club and stopped after I stepped outside in front of the main entrance. I inhaled a deep breath and exhaled again knowing that if Eric finds out, this would be the last time I would see him. I gave the club one last glance before I sped off into the night towards what used to be known as the authority.

After two hours of travel, I finally reached my destination. Before stepping inside, I stopped and observed the building. It was dark and deserted, and much too quite. It was as dead as the night. I look to the front door and notice that it had dried blood on it from that terrible night. I shake off the memory of it and step inside. As I'm inside the building, I look around and notice that nothing has been cleaned up. Objects are still strewn across the floor. Dried bloodshed on the walls and floors and ripped papers, among many other objects that had been destroyed in the fight as well. I continue to search the building, but come up empty with nothing. As I make my way up to the second floor, I turn into a room with a desk that had been flipped over with dried blood smeared all over it. In the center of the room was a carpet with a pool of dried blood lying in the middle of it. I crouch down and sniff it to see if I could get a scent from it. Upon picking up a scent from the blood, the memories flowed back rapidly, as if it were a raging river of water. I paused for a moment and knew instantaneously whose blood it was. 'Lilith'. I said aloud. I stood up and looked around the room to see if I could find anything that would connect her to Salome's death. I moved the ripped papers that were lying on the floor in front of the desk- out of my way to have a clear search. As I approached a file cabinet directly behind the desk, I heard a small scuff at the bottom of my shoe. I stopped, lifted my shoe and looked down directly at where the scuff had come from. It had been a small shiny object. I bent down to pick it up. I rubbed the dust off of it, leaving only the dried blood that had been on it. Once I examined the pennant a little more closely, I knew immediately whose it was. 'Salome'. I said aloud. I put the pennant in my picket and stood back up. I walked out of the room and continued on my search throughout the entire building.

As I approached the first floor again, I looked at the time on my phone. '4:00am', it read. 'shit!' I said aloud. After hours of searching, I came up empty. The only piece of evidence that I have, that is linked to Salome is her pennant. I shook my head in disappoint. I decided that it would be best to return back to Fangtasia before Eric realizes that I've been gone for so long. I walk out the front entrance of the authority and make my way back to Fangtasia.

Once I arrive at Fangtasia, I go to my room and get settled in my coffin. I had trouble falling asleep because all I could think about was Salome and how her pennant would end up in a room full of Lilith's blood. Putting the pieces together I came to the conclusion that Lilith was responsible for my friend's death. Thinking that had made me very upset because I had been faithful to Lilith and then she decides to kill Salome. I shake my head and realize that my brother had been right all along about the authority.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:35 am