For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The night after.....

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

The night after..... Empty The night after.....

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 pm

*My eyes pop open as my internal clock tells me that the sun has set. I place my hand on the lid of the coffin and push as flashbacks of my time in the tanning bed rushes through my head. It's hard to believe that I have only been a vampire for little over a few weeks. So much has happen, so much has changed. Have I come to grips with being a blood sucking monster of the night? Fuck if I know. I don't know that my "life" as a vampire is a little less fucked up then when I was human. I know longer have every freak in Bon Temps trying to kill me instead I was one of those freaks. I climb out of my resting place and close the lid behind me. Looking across the basement I notice my maker was still in her coffin. Strange, she was usually awake before me. I lightly touch her pink coffin and pause before heading upstairs to start my night. Life with Pam was getting better. Yeah, she still treated me like her own personal slave from time to time but she was growing on me and I could tell I was growing on her too. At least I didn't have to worry about her trying to kill me any more. Less then six months ago, that was my biggest worry. Funny how things change, less then six weeks ago, I had a heartbeat. Shaking my head, I make my way into the back hall where the showers for the dancers and Pam's personal restroom was. She has finally allowed me to use it instead of the sperm infested stalls of the other ones. I shower using vamp speed and then walk into the dressing room with the towel wrapped around me. Thank God or whoever, that Pam brought me a all new clothes. I had a certain image to up hold now that I was her "child". I guess there were certain perks to Pam being my maker. I opened the closet that now had my name above it. Flipping through my options, my hand stops on a candy apple red leather dress that actually had a gold tone apple in the middle of the chain belt. I run my fingers over the tiny metal apple. Flashes of my childhood come flooding into my mind. Sookie standing there in her tiny yellow sundress, holding that bright red apple. Of course my ass refused to take it. I didn't need her leftovers no matter how hungry I was. It is funny how a lifelong friendship can start over something as little as an apple. I had been best friends with Sookie Stackhouse since the 2nd grade. I had her back and she had mine for so many years. Up until I stepped into her kitchen that faithful night. The friendship that started over a silly apple was ended in the blink of an eye, over a bullet. "Oh hiya Tara" I turn to see Ginger standing inside the door frame. "Ginger, umm sorry, I will be out of your way. Just give me a minute" I turn and put the red dress back in the closet and grab black jeans and a top instead. I wipe my eyes one last time before turning to face the human again. "Pam, up yet?" I ask as I head towards the bench to get dress. "Nope Miss Tara. Umm...it is still daylight outside. She won't be up for another few hours at least." I turn and look at the clock hanging on the wall. Why the hell was I up two hours before sunset? Even as a vampire I manage to screw things up. I can't even "sleep" like a normal vampire. Trying to force a laugh I say "I guess I am still getting use to this whole umm vampire stuff" Ginger gives me one of her sweet but confused looks as I finish dressing. "Miss Tara, now you be careful. Don't go turning into a big googy pile of goo on me. I kinda like having you around her" She winks at me before she heads out of the dressing room. Good things the doors were still locked, I sure the hell didn't need someone letting any sunlight in. That is one tan I sure didn't need. Note to self, I needed to ask my maker about all the strange things that seem to be happening to me that shouldn't. Like waking up so damn early. I finish slipping on my boots and make my way up front. Got to find something to do until the rest of the monsters start stirring*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

The night after..... Empty Re: The night after.....

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Pam awoke from the death slumber of the day. She lifted the lid of her beautiful pink coffin and emerged. Dressed in her pink juicy jog suit, her hair simple and straight down. She looked around the basement of Fangtasia and her eyes fell upon Tara's coffin. She clenched her jaw and walked over to it, lifting the top. As she was about to grill into her about sleeping so late, she realized Tara was not in the coffin. She let the lid slam shut as she looked up the stairs and sighed. The club was closed for the night, and Pam had to figure out what to say happened to the ex-Sheriff of Area 5 who was now deceased. A mere puddle of goo that had to be cleaned up pronto. She rolled her eyes at the thought and headed upstairs to her office. As she approached the door to her office, she could hear Ginger and Tara chit chatting behind the bar. "Tara....my office. NOW!" Pam said as she went around her desk and sat down rubbing her temples.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 pm

*I was sitting at the bar having a glass of warm True Blood chatting with Ginger. She not so bad when the poor child is not screaming her head off. Just as I was about to ask Ginger for a refill I heard Pam order me to her office. Rolling my eyes I look up at Ginger "Umm, I am surprised she didn't go all "as your maker" on me" I stand up, hand Ginger my glass and make my way to the back hall, to Pam's office. The door was slightly ajar and I noticed Pam sitting at her desk, rubbing her temples. Pushing the door open, I lean against the jam "I thought vampires couldn't get headaches?"
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Pam looked up and rolled her eyes. "Close the door behind you." She leaned back in her chair and crossed one leg over the other. "So tell me Tara, did you fully think through your little plan last night?" Pam knew she was only still a baby vampire and couldn't possibly realize the punishments and repercussions of her actions. Being her maker, she was responsible for everything Tara did or failed to do. She couldn't admit how semi-proud of her she was, but she was disappointed in herself for not seeing it coming. She should have explained vampire rules and law to her. Elijah had it coming, but now...they were definitely in hot water and Pam had to be sure they survived.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 pm

‎*I walked in and shut the door behind me. Taking a seat, I copied my maker's position, crossing my legs. Remembering I must be more "lady like" in my actions. "What was there to think about Pam? He was going to take our...your home, your bar and your...well me! I couldn't just sit back and let someone fuck with us like that" I sat up a little straighter in the chair. Was she really mad about what I did? I thought I was doing the right thing. Fucked it, I know I was doing the right thing*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:15 pm

She sighed and shook her head. "Yes, I know. But going half cocked and pulling those ninja moves, although they were quite clever, were on the same page....stupid. You don't understand the extent of your actions...you KILLED a fellow vampire, a SHERIFF I might add. What do you think will happen now? They will throw a party in your honor thanking you for killing the wicked witch of the west?" She stood and walked over to the picture of her and Eric. "No...they won't. The repercussions are far worse. If you think we were up shit creak before...." Pam turned to face Tara. "Then think again, because now...we've got a shit load of lying to do. So tell me, what do you think we should say? Hmmm? I can't wait to hear it." She gave Tara a fake sarcastic smile, then it faded away as she stared at her blank faced, waiting.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:25 pm

‎"Well hell Pam, I don't know" Standing up I start to pace "Can't we say he left, hauled ass for location unknown? Or maybe, there was a fight and he got the bad end of a wooden stake?" I stopped pacing and turned to look at Pam "Fuck Pam, as much crazy shit that goes on around here couldn't we say he got abducted by freaking aliens?" I stood there waiting for her to answer me, she just give me a high arch eyebrow instead "Fucking people go missing around this place all the time. You don't see the FBI crawling the place looking for me do you? I haven't been seen in Bon Temps since I was....well point is. Who is going to be looking for one sheriff? It is not like he was the only one!" I look up at Pam "He wasn't the only one was he?"
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:32 pm

She gave a long look at her and then blinked slowly, turning her head. "No, he was not the only one. But killing someone higher than you...it doesn't matter if there are fifty. If we are going to survive this...you are going to have to keep cool and not freak out. Can you not act human?" She asked then scoffed at her question and stood. There was silence as Tara watched her and took it all in. She looked into the mirror and applied another coat of blood red lip stick, then turned around to look at Tara again as she walked back behind her desk, keeping eye contact with her. She sat and tilted her head. "I need you to be ruthless, nothing can get the truth out of you. If what he said is true, about procreation...they WILL make it happen. What do you think Jessica was to Bill.....a punishment for killing another vampire. The alternative? Having your fangs ripped out and being chained in a silver coffin for a year to three. Sound fun? Yeah...didn't think so. So, we either procreate or we leave. I will not just turn anyone, our line will continue with people who are worthy. I will not ruin Eric's line with a bunch of hilbilly freaks of nature. So...he never showed after he disappeared with fangbangers...we assumed he procreated and left town. Stick. to. it. Got it?"
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 pm

‎*I stood there and listened to what Pam was saying. "I will not just turn anyone, OUR line will continue with people that are worthy" Does that mean she saw something in me, saw me worthy, before she turned me? I know her turning me was part of a deal she made with Sookie, to make things right between her and Eric. Something in me warmed, something in my core. She thought I was worthy of being hers. Someone saw meaning in me. I decided right then and there that she was my family, not just my maker. She was all I had left in this fucked up world and I be damned if I would let someone take me from her "Got it, he left with some whore bag fangbangers last night and we haven't seen him since" I locked eyes with her "You can trust me Pam"
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Pam turned her head slightly, looking at Tara in the corners of her eyes. She felt...a connection with Tara, she hated to admit the feeling. She was proud of her, and she cared....for her. This was what being a maker was about, it was the maker bond she told herself. She refused to let anyone close to her for centuries, and now....this woman. A woman she hated to her core, was now her...child. She felt uncomfortable and shifted in her seat, clearing her throat. "Good. I better, because I guarantee....I can still shred you like confetti." Grinning just a little at her comment, remembering she'd spoke those words to her before. "I....AM....*she paused* proudofyou." She said the last part low and fast, and looked away.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm

‎*Taking a seat across from Pam's desk, I crossed my legs again "Excuse me? I don't think I heard that last part correctly. You're proud of me?" I sat back and smiled "wow, vampire must gets sick cause I swear you are running a fever" I laughed as I saw Pam wiggled in her seat. "So, umm since the bar is closed tonight. I was wondering if maybe I could, ummm visit Bon Temps. I would really like to go back to my place. Get a few things, maybe...ummm see a few people" I could tell that Pam was glad that I changed the subject but from the look on her face, it didn't seem as if I was going to get what I wanted*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 pm

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. Tara was fishing for the praise, and although she deserved it Pam just couldn't melt the wall down completely. She sat up like she were in a business meeting and listened to Tara's request. "Absolutely not. I need you here, especially now. With Eric gone, and that fucktard running our club to the ground, we've got serious money to make up. I can't have you lolly gagging on vacation in some podunk town, visiting and possibly draining and killing some redneck idiot then being forced to turn them. You are still too young to be on your own. That's how baby vampires die....get it?" She wanted to remain firm on her decision, truth was she couldn't fathom letting Tara go off and get killed by some twatwaffle with a hair up their ass.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 pm

‎*I stood up and started to bitch about being treated like a...well like a child but the look on Pam's face told me I better think twice before complaining "Damn woman, at least the other "employees" get to go home after work. I work, sleep, eat and twiddle my fucking thumbs in this place" Pam stood up and walked around her desk saying something about finding my ass something to do if I was bored. Giving me that look that the subject was closed....for now "Well since I am stuck here, maybe you can tell me why the fuck I ain't sleeping like I should be. Or getting those, what the hell do you call them...The Bleeds when I don't sleep enough" There was so much I wanted to know about my new "life" and Pam was the only person I had to ask*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 pm

She sat on the edge of her desk and crossed her legs, looking down at Tara sitting in the chair. "You know, for someone who is so bored, you sure find time to bitch...about everything. I'm sure you could find something to do...some kind of entertainment. How about a pet?!" She grinned, proud of her smart ass ways. When Tara didn't respond she sighed. "Right now, its cover your ass time. Everything has to appear normal. If I let you leave town it will raise suspicion. You are safer here. So tits up, head down and keep the money flowing in this club." She stood to leave and Tara began to ask about why she didn't get the bleeds. Pam looked over her shoulder and shrugged. "Lucky I guess? Who the hell knows Tara. There was a risk you'd be fucktarded when I turned you, I warned Sookie of that. Hell, maybe you're special" She said it in a voice human women often used when talking to a tea cup human that spit up. "If you're so bored, why don't you go clean your mess from last night up? I don't need Eric's office covered in afterbirth." She turned to admire herself in the mirror.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 pm

‎*So much for the bonding moment, just like that Vampire Barbie was back "Well not that you would know or anything" I stand and start towards the door "but Ginger and I have already cleaned up the Marilyn Mason wanna be goo" I get to the door and turn back toward Pam "during the whole two hours I was up while the rest of the vampire world was sleeping" I open the door "but you continue to add another layer of lipstick to your perfect lips and I will get back to doing the floors" Shaking my head, I turn to leave but out of the corner of my eye I can see Pam's smile slowly spread across her face. Yep, she was proud of me and my smartass ways....like mother, like daughter. I close the door behind me, leaving her to her mirror*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:26 pm

A smile spread cross her face as she watched the spunk spew from Tara. She let her have it and Pam stood there with a grin. She knew there was something in Tara that she found fascinating. Who knew they were like two peas in a pod. She'd never tell Tara, but she was sort of glad she'd turned her. Secretly she did wonder about what Tara was saying. First she slept late into the evening, now she was up two whole hours before sunset. She rolled her eyes. She knew there'd be a catch. Tara couldn't be that perfect....she watched her leave the room and continued to smile. She was proud of her child, and knew Tara could hold her own, but couldn't risk it. As the door closed she looked into the mirror and nodded. "That's right Tara....They are perfect aren't they?" She said as she ran a finger across her smooth bottom lip.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:18 pm