For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Hindsight is 20/20

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Hindsight is 20/20 Empty Hindsight is 20/20

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:52 am

*Opens the motel room door dropping the key on the makeshift desk/table. Settling myself in the creaky desk chair to stare at my phone, all the emails I have to return. One thing that if though I have been making a stop a day around Texas visiting the various area packs, I haven't received a text or voice mail from Rikki. I hope she has been too busy with pack business and looking for another job to get in contact. I had sent a few messages, when I had service. Texas has spotty coverage where most of the packs reside. My last stop is in Del Rio with the SW Texas pack and I will start the long trek home. On the whole all the packs have been welcoming and want to alliance with the Shreveport pack, other than the Dallas/Ft Worth Pack the general feeling I got was the Shreveport Pack wasn't upmarket enough for them. Rubbing my cheek in deep thought. They did throw a couple of their unattached women my way, but they aren't my type. I need a woman in my life who holds the pack, family and the well being of others above owning a Mercedes Benz. I will never be a affluent man, I am comfortable and can make a good life for my family if that ever happens. Looking at my phone the day is slipping away, I stand up getting ready to shower and meet with the West Texas Pack here in Marfa.*