For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Chapter Four:- Once Upon A Time

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Chapter Four:- Once Upon A Time Empty Chapter Four:- Once Upon A Time

Post by Bill Compton Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:58 am

*FLASHBACK*

~Bon Temp, September 19, 1843~

"Have you washed behind your ears?" his mother shouted.

"Yes Mama"

"Are you sure? You remember what I said about lying William Thomas Compton" she folded her arms tightly across her chest.

"I ain't lying Mama....I swear" little boy Compton sighed out as he continued to fight against his mother's request.

"Alright come here boy" her arm extended out to touch his shoulder as she spun him around to pull William to her body and she kissed her softly on the top of his head.

William giggled loudly as his mother tickled him as he thrashed around in her tightly gripped arms around his waist as she blew kisses on his cheek.

"Please tell me a story mama.....pleassssssseeee.....One about our elders....please mama, please" little William asked his mother as she swooped down and picked him up into his arms as she sat down on her rocking chair and placed William onto her lap.

"Alright *she giggled* Once upon a time there was a man. A man named William Erasmus Compton.

"But that's my name mama" he twisted his head to look into her petite peach face.

"Yes i guess it is....Once upon a time there was a man names William Erasmus Compton. He had a beautiful wife and a little boy whose name was Jack. They lived far far away from here in place where you find almost no trees, and the ground was made of sand"

"What happened mama?" William questioned.

"He lived in a very small town of about 100 people. They had wooden houses just like ours, they rode on horses and there was a sheriff"

William smiled as he relaxed into his mother's body as he pulled the thin blanket around him to keep him warm as his mother continued to rock back and forth in her rocking chair.

"One day Jack got sick, very sick. His mother and father prayed to God everyday to help him get better"

"And did he mama? Did Jack get better?" he asked his mother.

"Well one day Jack got so ill, that his father heard rumors, old stories from the Apache that there was men who were immortal who had the gift of life in their blood. So one day he packed his bag and took his horse and went of searching for this man. He traveled for many days and night to look for a man with the blood of life"

"And did he find him mama? I bet he did" he asked quietly as his head began to hang low as he tried to fight against his tiredness.

She could feel that he was dropping to sleep in her arms, so she wrapped him more tightly in the thin dark blanket as she stood from the her rocking chair as she cradled William to her chest and she slowly made her way up the large staircase of the Compton house, the stairs creaking with each step that she took.

The home filled with warmth as the roaring fireplace crackled and sparked as the wood disintegrated into the iron case. With her foot she craned open the bedroom door that led to his room. The floor continuing to creak as her feet padded along. She walked over to his bed and placed him gently onto his bed.

As William laid softly in his bed, she began to tuck him in beneath the sheets.

"What happened mama? what happened to Jack and his father?" he asked sleepily.

She tucked a lock of hair behind his ear.

"Well one day his mother came in to see Jack, and she found him sitting in bed laughing....He was better. He was no longer sick"

"What about his father? What happened to him?" he asked.

"No one ever saw him again. He never came back home. Jack said that his father came to him with a gift, and then he disappeared. And no one ever saw him again"

"What happened to his mama?"

"No one knows, there were stories that the Apache took him, or he died of hunger...Many have said they have seen him wandering through the night, but never during the day"

William yawned as his eyes became droopy and breathing become shallow as he drifted off to sleep, pulling the sheets to his neck as his chest began to rise and fall as he fell into a deep sleep.

"Goodnight my dear sweet William" She leaned into kiss his forehead.
    Chapter Four:- Once Upon A Time Untitl12

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:59 am