For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

+8
Alcide Herveaux
Kiara Griffen
Jason Stackhouse
Holly Cleary
Luna Garza
Sam Merlotte
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
Lafayette Reynolds
12 posters

Not so typical night

Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Not so typical night Empty Not so typical night

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Lafayette stood at the stove popping patties on the grill and flipping them as he shook his ass back and fourth to his jams playing in the back. That ole' redneck music playing in the bar was enough to make him wanna light one up right then and there. The bar was pretty full tonight and surprisingly all employees were in attendance. Yeah, something was gonna go down tonight, he could feel it. Wasn't often everybody showed up to work. "Order up, hookah!" He called out to Arlene as she jabbered her jaw to some lady from church instead of working. That was Arlene for you.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Not so typical night Empty Re: Not so typical night

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Tonight is the first busy night we've had at Merlotte's in a long time, and everyone is actually here working. That is a miracle. I walk over to grab table three's order, some redneck couple I ain't never seen around here before. After setting down their plates in front of them, I walk back over to the bar to resume the chat I was having with a woman from the church.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 pm

The bar was picking up business and he couldn't help but smile. He'd gotten in touch with a woman who ran a company supplying donors and True Blood, since the factories exploded and his supplier went under he needed a new one. Kiara Griffen was highly recommended among the vampire community. Jessica had told him about her saying she was a friend of hers. Luna was in the trailer unpacking things and getting stuff settled before they went to pick Emma up from Martha. He sent her a text as he leaned against the bar. <Come inside, we can have dinner.> Holly approached the bar for a refill of Amaretto sour as he took the glass and began to fix the drink.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 pm

She was putting the last of her clothes in the little dresser when her phone went off, Sam's ringtone blasting through the air of the trailer.

Come inside, we can have dinner

She actually couldn't remember the last time she had eaten at Merlotte's so she actually looked forward to it for once; Lafayette supposedly made the BEST burgers in four parishes. She responded to the text quickly, took a bit of her nausea medicine and headed towards the bar, humming a little as she did so.

She walked in the door and immediately saw Sam leaning against the bar. "Hey you," she said quietly as she sauntered over and plopped on a stool next to him. "Care to get me one of Lafayette's burgers and a decaf sweet tea?"
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Holly had a bit of a pep in her step even managing to hide the fact that speaking to Andy the other day over lunch had sort of affected her in ways she didn't expect. Who was she to judge? She had two boys and now he had four....fairy girls. That shouldn't be too hard to understand, he came with baggage. But he was a great man. She snapped her head up when Sam called her name again handing her the Amaretto Sour for table 6. "Sorry Sam. Thanks. Hey Luna!!" She said with her warm smile as Luna wrapped her arms around Sam. They were so cute together and it was so good to see them happy. They both deserved it. "How have you been. You know what, hold that thought, let me bring this over to Jane before she beats on the table with the ketchup again." She said with a chuckle as she sauntered off.
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Jason had walked in with Kenya still in uniform from his shift as he looked around. The coast was clear for 'whats-her-name', the crazy girl from last month that wouldn't stop calling. Jessica wasn't in sight either and maybe that was a good thing. Vampers...he huffed and strut over to a booth as he took a seat and waited to be seen. They had a steak with his name on it and a large pitcher of beer. Bon Temps residents were pushing him to drink.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Kiara parked her car outside Merlottes. She hadn't been in Bon Temp in a while, but since the true blood factories were still destroyed she was one of the few suppliers of True Blood in the state. She got out, brushing her hands on her faded jeans.

After sleeping for a really long time and finally managing a meal without any interruptions she was feeling much better in health. The bite marks were all gone and her blood count was already closer to normal levels. Shaking her head, her hair a bit messy she made her way inside. The bar was as homey as usual but she was here for business. She made her way up to the bar and smiled. "Sam Merlotte? You got a minute?" she asked, taking a seat on one of the stools.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 pm

*Tracking the rogue from the Tennessee pack who hunted and assaulted one of the younger pack members just blooded in, to outside of Bon Temps we have been on the road going this way and that for hours tired and hungry Rikki and I pull into Merlotte's. I try to stop by from time to time for Layfayette's gumbo. Love that stuff.*
    Rikki Mercer
    Rikki Mercer

Post by Rikki Mercer Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:51 pm

*tired and irritable from tracking the scumbag who had assaulted one of their younger members, she wanted blood, and would get it before she was done. Knowing that Alcide was hungry and they both needed to rest, she nodded when he mentioned stopping by Merlottes for a bite to eat. She had never been there, but she had heeard nothing but good things about the place and its food. Thankful just to be able to get out of the truck for a while, eat, have a beer or two and chat. They would find the scumbag and soon, but now they needed a break*
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Lafayette bucked his hips against the stove as Holly gave him a look when she picked up her catfish basket. "Don't judge me...I got the moooves." As he continued to wave his spatula and stir in the gumbo that simmered on the stove. Pouring some into a bowl for the next order as he placed it on the kitchen nook. "ORDER UP!" Sam had asked if he could fix his old lady a burger. She needed some meat on her bones, so he gladly cooked her up one of his infamous burgers.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

I laughed as some of the rednecks in the corner were hooting and hollering over the game. "Here's your fries boys!" Giving my Terry a wink as he passed me bringing out some more beer to the pool tables. Sam looked happy that the bar was picking up and so was I, meant more tips and pay. "Lafayette you are still just so dang silly. What you put in those burgers anyhow?" He grinned and told me it was his secret blend as I rolled my eyes and took the plate. The food making my mouth water.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:56 pm

"ORDER UP!" She rushed over to the nook and grabbed the two plates for table 7 and hustled over making sure they got their food hot. Tips were important and she needed them more than anything. Seemed like once one table was free, there were new customers there. Maybe that good energy spell did help. Smiling to herself as she sped over to the bar for another three buds.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Sam called out to Lafayette to make a burger for Luna, and kissed her forehead. Smiling at Holly as she talked to Luna. Mixing drinks back to back as the bar picked up. He'd never seen so many people in Merlotte's in quite a while and it was so refreshing to say the least. Handing three more buds to Holly as she strut off again trying to finish her conversation with Luna. It was the dinner rush, maybe he shouldn't have gave Jessica a late shift. Oh well, wouldn't be right to call her in now. He heard his name as he looked up to see a woman dressed for business.

-Miss Griffen? Yeah I'm Sam. I spoke to you earlier.- Turning to Terry and asking him to take over at the bar while he talked business. -It's loud in here, how about we take this to my office.- He told Luna to eat, he had to handle something before he led Kiara to his office in the back.

-Please, have a seat.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Shrugged her shoulders and grabbed the burger when she got it, burning her mouth as she took bite after bite. Good God, if she wasn't starving half to death! She hadn't had a real meal in what felt like ages, though it was merely a few days. Shoved a couple of french fries in her mouth before taking another bite of her burger and sipping on her tea, her eyes following Sam as he moved oh so sexily back down the hallway. Last night wasn't enough; she'd need more before the night was through.

"Lafayette, this is AMAZING! What'd you put in here?" she asked in wonder as she took yet another bite, the burger almost gone.
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Jason smiled as Holly handed him a beer, Kenya off somewhere talking to someone as he sat there and waited for his steak. Taking a sip of beer as he leaned back and tried to relax a bit after his shift. He overheard Maxine telling her church friends Hoyt had called her earlier to say he was working in Alaska and loved it. HE looked down and felt the sadness welling inside of him. He missed his best bud, and all because of you guessed it, a vamper. He sighed heavily and took another swig of the beer.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 pm

She nodded and followed Sam to his office. "I heard you need some true blood" she said, crossing her arms over her chest. Sam seemed like a nice guy, even if he smelled like a shifter. To think he'd still server vampires was a big plus on his end. Most businesses stopped serving vampires after the whole Russell Edgington fiasco.

"I still have a vast stock of synthetic blood and true blood if you're looking for a brand name" she added.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 pm

*Grabs a booth letting Rikki slide in first waving at the pretty blond waitress think her name is Holly. She motions to us she will be over shortly. Looking at the menu sliding Rikki's hand in mine.* What looks good Boo? I am getting gumbo if Lala made it tonight, if not it's a burger.
    Rikki Mercer
    Rikki Mercer

Post by Rikki Mercer Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 pm

*sliding into the booth, she pulled out the menu as Alcide took her hand. She looked around Merlottes, liking the feel of the place. Glancing back over the menu, she squeezed his hand and looked up at him* hmmmm gumbo sounds good, but I think i will have a burger and fries. I need meat, since I cant get the blood of the creep that attacked our pack member *smiling at the waitress that Alcide had waved over*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Sam sat at his desk while Kiara sat across from him. As she spoke of what he offered, he took into account that she smelled like a were. A were in business for vampires, crafty. And a bit odd but who was he to judge. He nodded, -Yes, I would like what ever it is that's selling these days. I have to be honest I don't know much about vampire blood or what they like. All I know is I have a vampire employee and occasionally we service vampires. Not that I like it but it's business. You understand I'm sure in your line of work. What are your prices?- He asked as he took the supply book from his drawer and flipped through it.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Kiara nodded "Plenty of things are selling. If you want what sells I can provide it" she shrugged and showed him her card with her prices. Despite the lack of supply her prices were modest, just a sign of how good business was doing. Aside from selling true blood she sold her own home blend of synthetic blood.

"And yes. Despite the vampires being a pain, business is business and we gotta make the bills somehow" she said with a grin.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

*Looks at Holly as she walks up to take our order telling her that we need 2 beers and Lala's favorite gumbo and Rikki's burger and fries her burger medium. Holly smiles and said it will be up shortly and will drop off our beers. Thanking her as she walks off, leaning over and kissing her smiling at her.*

Boo we will catch up to the rogue and you can do what you wish to him. I will just be the helper. You are the enforcer and the pack agreed that damages he caused to her mentally and physically he deserved death. *leaning in whispering* I don't know if I told you lately I love you but you are my everything.
    Rikki Mercer
    Rikki Mercer

Post by Rikki Mercer Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 pm

*smiling at Holly, and then looking back at Alcide as she walked away. Hearing his words, she smiled and a low growl escaped. Shaking her head, she looked around and then back at him* I would love to take him out, and will when we find him. *cupping his cheek, she leaned over and kissed him softly* I love you Alcide Herveaux, you are my everything and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you *smiles at him*
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

I walked in with a smile, and ready to start my shift. I was so focused on what had just happened with Quinn and I, that I didn't even realize Jason was sitting at the bar until I passed him and smelled his cologne. He was the only man who wore that brand as it hit my nose, my stomach whirled and I felt sick. Not from the smell but from the thoughts of someone who thought of me as lowly scum basically. I didn't even turn around as I headed for my order pad from the back of the bar, refusing to look at him. Once I returned I plastered a smile and took the order of the newest customers in my area.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:17 pm

I walked into Merlotte's and moved to the far end of the bar, near the kitchen. I ordered a drink and sat down at the bar, turning to look around the room. As the staff moved around, I watched the tempo of the room. My drink was set onto the bar and I reached back, picking it up and taking a drink of it. I looked around, not really seeking anyone, just watching...
    Victor Madden
    Victor Madden

Post by Victor Madden Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Victor arrived at the run down hillbilly bar. With his security detail he was about to begin his revenge plan on Compton and Northman. Despite it wasn't his style his security was heavily armed. He strode up to the bar and kicked opened the door.

"Well well well...." he said with a grin. His night became twice as good when he noticed Kiara walk out of some office with another man who smelled like a shifter. Oh this was great just great, and despite the look of "oh shit" on the wolf he could already remember the night he spent with her. Oh yes, this was going to be good.

"Seems like the party has just begun"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 am