For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

+2
Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
Jason Stackhouse
6 posters

He who laughs last

Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

He who laughs last Empty He who laughs last

Post by Jason Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am

Jason felt like he had a headache or a huge hangover from the previous night. He drank way too much. Laying on his bed in his uniform which was slightly bloody and wondered where that came from. After he showered and dressed for work, he found a note on his counter and followed the instructions. Something urged him to wear his vest under his uniform, so he did. Grabbing the keys to his cruiser, since he was the law and all, he headed for Merlotte's for something he had to do, but didn't know what yet. It was in the constitution that he had to protect his people, and he would. Sacrifice was everything.

As he entered the bar, looking around he noticed the red head vamper he once had relations with. Scoffing at how she smiled like there was nothing wrong. Everything was wrong. She was dead, she shouldn't be just lolly gagging around. But he who laughs last, or something like that. He was just parrot phrasing. He was here for a reason, he remembered the note.

He who laughs last Empty Re: He who laughs last

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am

Last night I was so relieved to hear Jason sleeping in his own bed. Quinn assured me he was safe and sound. He came back with me to Bill's house and we actually watched that movie, which wasn't bad but it was hard to focus on the movie with Quinn's arm around me. He left a bit before sunset and we planned to meet up the next night. I awoke to Sam calling me asking if I could fill in for Arlene. After last night she couldn't come in, not until that vampire Victor was out of town. Terry had her stay with the kids while he came in for the lunch shift then went home once Lafayette got there. Holly was there filling in for Sookie and some customers had returned but it was a slower night.

I sent Quinn a text that I had to work tonight to fill in for Arlene, and that if he wanted he could meet me at the bar later. If not I understood. One day soon I'd be off hopefully.

When Jason walked in wearing his uniform I was confused since he was off duty on Thursday nights. He gave me a look of disgust as he refused to look at me. I had had enough. Walking straight up to him as I tapped his shoulder when he turned around.

"Jason, What gives?!?! I've done nothing at all to you. Why must you be such an ass!"
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

He turned around when he felt a tap on his shoulder. When Jessica confronted him he just looked at her dazed, she was interfering with his mission. "Jessica, I don't wanna talk 'bout it. I have somethin' to do and you standin' in my way." He shook his head and moved around her.

She moved when he moved and stood there. "I have nothin' to say to you vamper. You're all the same. Now move, before I move you myself."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

"Ohhhh boy I'd love to see you try! What are you gonna shoot me in the HEAD again!? Jason, I don't understand you. Ever since that day I tried to help you, you've been acting off." I looked into his eyes catching his gaze and saw he was under the influence of someones glamour and it wasn't mine. I couldn't break through either, something was preventing me. My brows came together as I stepped back when he reached for his gun, then went to his belt buckle. "Jason....Jason what are you doing?"
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 am

He went to his gun, but something told him to push the button on his belt buckle. He raised opened his shirt as everyone in the bar held their breath, to reveal his bullet proof vest. Everyone was confused as he looked down and then back at Jessica. "I'm doin' what I'm supposed to do. I'm gettin' rid of everything that is not natural. I'm doin' you a favor."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 am

Quinn could hear the conversation going on just inside the open door, and he had a bad feeling. He had been around enough vampires to recognize a human under glamour....Victor must have gotten to Jason again...

He looked around, seeing a discarded baseball on the ground, he snatched it up. He aimed high on Jason's head and threw as hard as he could, following the ball through the doorway a few moments later, diving in a high tackle at Jason...
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 am

Just as his finger was about to press the button a blow to the right side of his skull making him stumble back against the bar as he caught himself. Pain radiating in his head as he brought his hand up and yelled "FUCK!" He was dizzy and his vision was blurry.

A large frame tackled him to the ground as he fell to his back, his head hitting the floor again and knocking him out cold.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 am

After a baseball came flying in to hit Jason on the head, I snapped my head in the direction and saw Quinn bust through the door and tackle him. "QUINN! NO! DON'T!!!" I yelled as I tried to pull Quinn off of Jason. "He's already got a brain injury or something!" I was now worried when I seen Jason fall unconscious as I dropped to my knees and placed a hand on his chest. "Jason...Jason." There was a beeping noise as I looked at Quinn. "What is that?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

"Get back from him!"

Quinn rolled free of Jason and came up to his knees. He tore the fabric away from the vest revealing the little cubes of semtex and wiring.

"I thought I smelled it."

Quinn ripped the vest from Jason's body, flipping Jason's body toward Jessica as he did so. He threw it toward the window by an empty booth, hoping it was open. As the vest went through the open window, the vest began beeping faster and then a moment of silence.

The roaring blast ripped through the wall behind the booth, bathing the booth and table in flames, scattering charred debris in every direction...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

I watched as Quinn ripped open his shirt to tear off Jason's police vest. "Wha-What are you doing?!" He said he smelled something, I inhaled and smelled something odd on him but didn't know what it was. He threw the vest as I looked at Jason and shook him to wake him up. "Jason..Jason you ha--"

~~EXPLOSION~~

A loud explosion made me cover Jason with my body, closing my eyes and praying this was all a dream. What the hell was happening? Screams from some customers, running, debris flying, I could smell the smoke and knew that a fire had started. Jason had a bomb on him, how? Why? I picked his limp body up, and moved over to the pool tables where I laid him down, placing my apron under his head.

Turning back to Quinn, "I'm going to KILL Victor Madden. He did this!"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

Sam was in the trailer with Luna, neither of them spoke about what had happened last night. He didn't know what to say, of course he was happy but he was unsure if she was. A loud explosion came from the bar as his head snapped up and he gave her a look. -Please stay here.- Running from the trailer into the bar as his mouth dropped open at the sight before him. Bringing his arms up to shield his face as he coughed, smoke coming into his lungs. -Call the fire dept!- He yelled as Holly rushed to the phone.

"Phone line is dead Sam." He backed up from the flame that flickered. Business had JUST picked up and now this. He looked to see Jason knocked out on the pool table and rushed to him. Grabbing his police radio and pressing it down.

-I need the fire department at Merlotte's Bar and Grill. Officer down!- Waiting to hear Rosie's voice on the other end as he looked around the bar at everyone. If the vampire from last night did this, he'd stake that rat bastard with a rusty stake. Jessica yelled about killing Victor as his fears were confirmed. -I'll help you kill him.- He said matter of factly.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 am

Kiara had just barely pulled up to the driveway that lead into merlottes when a giant explosion rocked her car windows. "What the..." she drove up and saw the beginnings of a fire as a nice corner of the bar was now missing.

She got out, bandages peeking from beneath her tattered shirt as she ran up to the bar. She'd come over to check on Jason since she'd left him a bit rattled to drive himself home the previous night, but he'd been alright. She walked in, first seeing Quinn looking at the spot now missing from the bar, Jason was out cold on a pool table and Sam and Jessica seemed ready to plot murder.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that someone, and her best bets were on Victor, had set something up. Damn it, she should have killed him when she had the chance, or at least cut his balls off.

"Whats going on?" she asked, walking over to them all as the humans that were there were running in a panic. She growled at a few men already getting ready to lynch vampires. She grabbed a burly redneck and pushed him back despite the pain in her arm. "Sit your ass back down, no one is going anywhere less y'all want to make this worse"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 am

Looking over to see Kiara walking in, mild annoyance crosses his face as she wrestles with the redneck.

"Failing the direct approach, your friend Victor decided to redecorate the bar. When my hunters find that waste of blood, I am going to make his death feel like a career..."

He looked over, seeing Holly by the phone.

"Holly, please get some ice for Jason's head...and some aspirin if you can find it."

He looked over at Jessica with an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry...but had to act fast..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 am

The minute Kiara showed up things got a bit...no a lot awkward. Wrapping my arms around myself as I looked from Sam to Quinn then back at Kiara. "We can't just let him do what he wants and ruin Sam's bar. How is that right?" I asked calmly. Quinn looked a little embarrassed as I smiled and looked down. "It's okay, I understand. You were only trying to protect us."

Once Holly came back with the ice and aspirin I went over to see if I could help get him to take it or get him awake.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 am

Sam grumbled as he squat down to pick up a piece of debris from the floor. Throwing it back down as he brought both hands to his head and stood. -I'm sorry Kiara, but I can't let this vampire just ruin my bar and lay down and do nothing.- The sirens in the distance were getting closer as he shook his head and felt anger boiling inside of him. This night was just getting worse and these fangers just would not stop for shit. All because he wanted Sookie. He let out a grumble of stress, and headed to the door to wait for the firemen.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:50 am

She quirked a brow. What? was she suddenly on team Victor all of a sudden? geez. "Contrary to popular belief Sam I have no affections towards Victor" she said. Seriously... she comes here, saves their asses from Victor and she gets the 3rd degree from everyone. She didn't miss the look Jess gave her. Clearly Kiara was just the unwanted wheel in this party, and the fact that she smelled like Quinn and viceversa only cemented that fact.

She moved to check on Jason, aside from a nasty bump he was alive and thats all she'd come to check on. "WELL...." she said with an emphatic sigh. "Seeing as how y'all don't need me here I'll be going" she said. She passed Quinn a look. It wasn't anger, hell it wasn't even annoyance, but it was the look that said "remind me NEVER to help again" She turned and began to walk off. Shoving the redneck had re-opened the tear on her shoulder, red staining her otherwise white bandages. Great... just more problems on her lap.
    Daniel Grimaldi
    Daniel Grimaldi

Post by Daniel Grimaldi Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 am

*Pulling down the long drive slowly not to impede the emergency equipment one side of the building is actively burning and men in turnout gear are directing me to the other side of the building. Parking as far away as possible since BobCat and Violet would draw too much attention, as it was her leaning with her mouth open with a almost tiny pout. Shaking my head trying to get my attention back to where it belongs. Sliding her 10MM into the back of my jeans and exiting the vehicle mind linking with BobCat to hide but watch out for V.

Trying to blend in with the crowd and slide in with the doorway to see what is going on and to find either Holly or Lafayette. Stepping into the smoky bar, looking around trying to find someone familiar.*

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 am

I smelled something that smelled funny, he smelled like Quinn a little but different. I recognized him from working at Fangtasia. He worked for Eric and Pam. I let Holly stay with Jason, in case he came to I'd be the last person he wanted to see. Kiara was about to leave when I spoke up. Sam was speaking with the firefighters outside. "Kiara wait. Please. No one wants you to leave, but look around. How much are we going to let this asshole do to us." Turning to look at the new arrival. "You work for Eric and Pam right? Can you get in touch with them, Bill isn't answering his cell. We have a problem named Victor Madden."
    Daniel Grimaldi
    Daniel Grimaldi

Post by Daniel Grimaldi Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 am

*Sees the progeny of the King of Louisiana Jessica she turns looking at me, asking me if I work for Pam and the Sheriff Eric Northman. She mentioned the right hand man of the King of Nevada curiouser and curiouser. Nodding at her,*

I do have the Sheriff's number and will get in touch with him, I also need to leave my number with Holly and Lafayette, we have another situation that I need their help with. I can see there's nothing that can be done at the moment.

*Pulling out my wallet digging for a business card that listed my name and wireless number nothing else. Handing it to Jessica, saying*

If you make sure they call me when things settle down I will get in touch with the Sheriff I must dash I there's something I left in the car.

*Turning and leaving the bar. I think Eric is not going to be happy about this.*
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 am

Quinn basically ignored the exchange with Pam's doorman as he watched the opening for any new intruders.

"Kiara, Jessica is right. you should stay. This is your community too. As for Victor, I think I have a few ideas on ways to make his life a good bit more difficult. I'm actually surprised you left him alive..."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 am

She looked at Quinn then shrugged "I could have killed him, but if he's not here on Felipe's orders then it would look like we attacked first. I rather Victor dig his own hole and we just push him in it. Besides, he won't mess with me at least, not if he wishes to continue remaining a functioning man....if you know what I mean" she said with a pointed look at Quinn's groin.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 am

I smiled and thanked Daniel as he turned to leave, dialing no doubt Eric Northman. From what I knew of Eric he would not be happy one bit. Listening to the exchange between John and Kiara as I stood there silent. When Kiara mentioned him being a functioning man even I got nervous. She was not one to cross that was for sure. I looked down when she glared at his....turning to see if Jason had woke up. He seemed to be coming to, but I was hesitant on approaching him. Against my better judgement I did. "Jason? Are you okay?" I contemplated giving him my blood but I knew he'd refuse it.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 am

After he gave all of the information to the firemen, the paramedics went to Jason's side to help him waving smelling salts under his nose. Luna came into the bar with a look of horror on her face. Looking from Sam to the now put out fire, her mouth open. -Luna, why don't you go back to bed. Please?-

"WHAT the FUCK Sam! What happened?" She shouted. He looked at the others and grumbled as he went to her side and ushered her towards the back where his office was. -It was Victor, I'm handling it okay. I need you to stay in the trailer where I know you are safe. Vampires cannot enter a human dwelling. So stay inside doors locked please. I could never forgive myself if something happened to you,....or our baby.- He said as he laid a gentle hand on her flat stomach. A slight bump could be seen. Kissing her forehead as she smiled, and actually did as he said. He headed back to the bar to fill out more reports for the insurance companies and police.
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 am

Jason had the strongest sense of something under his nose that smelled fowl and strong. Blinking his eyes open as he groaned and brought his hand up to his head. "What the---" He said as he sat up with paramedics all around him. Seeing Jessica standing in front of the pool table he stared daggers at her. "Again? Really. Every time I'm around you fangers I, or someone I love gets hurt." The paramedic was trying to take his blood pressure as he ripped his arm away from him and tried to stand. They warned him he shouldn't get up. "Well then take me home! I am Deputy Stackhouse and I demand to be brought home and away from this...this....whatever she is!" Pointing at Jessica. His parents had been murdered by a vampire, His Gran had been murdered because his sister was banging a vampire, and now his life was always in danger because he slept with Jessica. And he lost his best friend because of it. So what good could come out of keeping vampire company??

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 am

My heart just broke when he said what he said. All I ever wanted to do was keep him safe. That was never good enough. Sookie had once told me to hold on and be patient, that Jason would come around after they dealt with who killed their parents, but he blamed me for something I had nothing to do with. I couldn't help what I was. I had no control over that. So anytime any vampire did something, it was automatically my fault. "Jason..." I whispered as I shook my head. Why did he hate me so much? I gave up and risked everything for him. I felt the warm tears coming. The paramedics helped him up and towards the door as I covered my mouth and turned for the ladies room. If I was going to cry it would not be in front of anyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 am