For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

An Ordinary Day in an Ordinary Life

Rikki Mercer
    Rikki Mercer

An Ordinary Day in an Ordinary Life Empty An Ordinary Day in an Ordinary Life

Post by Rikki Mercer Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:11 pm

*she awoke that morning, the same as she did every morning, an hour earlier than Alcide. Climbing from the bed quietly, she looked at her husband sleeping form, then pulled on her robe and softly making her way from the room. She walked down the hallway of their small, modest home, and into the kitchen. Pulling the coffee from the cupboard, she went to the pot and began making Alcide's coffee. Once it was brewing, she pulled all the breakfast items from fridge, starting the bacon, as she walked into the laundry room and started the first load of laundry. They would be leaving for a revival later that afternoon, and would be gone a few days, so everything had to be done before they left. Going back and turning the bacon, she pulled plates down from the cupboard and sat them down on the counter. Pulling the bacon from the pan, and looking at the clock, she heard the shower start. Dropping two eggs into the pan, she started frying them up for her husband. She took them out and put them on his plate, adding two more to the pan. Just as she was about to turn them, Alcide walked in, scaring her, and she jumped and screamed, the eggs flying across the room and hitting the wall, sliding down it in a yellow and white gooey mess. Shaking and holding her hand to her heart, she leaned over and looked at him*

Alcide, dear God in heaven, forgive me Lord, you scared the daylights out of me. I was not expecting you to be standing there.

*breathing hard, she got her composure back and turned back to the stove*

Let me cook you two more, then I will clean that mess up and then make mine

*smiling at him, she cooked him two more eggs, and pulled the toast from the toaster, carrying it and coffee to him, kissing his cheek, before moving to the counter and grabbing paper towels and cleaning the egg off the wall and floor. Making sure she got every bit of it, she turned to the table just as Alcide was finishing up. Pouring coffee in his to go cup, and handing it to him, as she leaned kissing his cheek once again*

Have a good day hon, and I will have everything packed and ready to go when you get home this afternoon

*seeing his nod, and feeling his lips brush hers, she watched as he left, following him to the door, locking it behind him, and peeking out the curtain, making sure there was no one out there. Letting the curtain go, she began her chores for the day, doing the laundry between everything else. Once the house was clean and the last load of laundry was in the dryer, she went down the hall and into the bathroom, showering and getting ready to leave when her husband got home.*

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:56 pm