For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

All your life

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

All your life Empty All your life

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat May 05, 2012 10:12 pm

I'd gone into work remembering last night's encounter with that sexy blood donor at Fangtasia. Partly feeling guilty about it and partly not giving a damn. I'd made up my mind to tell Jason about it the next time I saw him. Arlene gave me the information on my tables as she grabbed Mikey and headed out with Terry. Lafayette was cooking up a storm in the kitchen, still not fully like his normal self. I could only imagine the pain he was going through since Jesus. Tara was off tonight and Sookie was waiting tables with me. I was guessing she worked the double. Sam was tending bar and the place was pretty full. I went to Sam's office and retrieved my apron and order pad. I loved being a waitress. It was kinda fun. I was walking to the front and tying my apron when I stopped noticing someone sitting in my section. I looked around and closed my eyes taking a breath. I was working and had to do my job. I made my way to table 6. "What can I getcha tonight?" I said looking down at my order pad just wanting to write and get on to the next table. He looked up and then quickly looked back at the menu. "Hamburger steak with the baked potato. Coke no ice...and extra gravy on the steak." He slid the menu aside as I wrote it down. Awkward silence filling the air. "It'll be right out, Hoyt." I turned on my heel and went place his order on the wheel. The song that came on the jukebox made me think of how I used to feel about Hoyt. I used to sing it to him when we'd go riding in his pickup late at night.

I refused to let it get to me because I was completely happy with Jason. It just still stung that the man I once loved had so much hatred for me. Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't do many things right...but I truly loved and cared for him. Then it just became too much....Jason, Hoyt, Jason, Hoyt...I was conflicted and confused. I loved both of them so dearly, but would never know if it was the blood making me feel that way for Jason unless I tried. It was still a hard pill to swallow. I was standing by the bar listening to Sam talk to some guy about football, listening to the words of the song reminding me of Hoyt.
    The constant dinging of Lafayette's bell made me snap out of it. I quickly turned and saw Lafayette looking at me holding a spatula. "Come on now Hookah, food's getting cold. Wake up!" He said half playfully. I shook my head and smiled, grabbing Hoyt's plate and fresh coke glass. I set them down on the table and cleared my throat. "So, um how are you?" He picked up his utensils and started cutting the burger. The smell made me wanna gag. "Fine" "That's good. Is it made right?" "Yeap" "I'm just gonna get one word answers now?" "Guess so" I felt myself getting angry, then figured he was still just pissy about things. "Sorry to disrupt your dinner." I said as I turned before he could say more. I headed for the ladies room before anyone saw my blood tear. I hated seeing us like this...couldn't we at least be friends?![i]

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 pm