For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

This Romeo Is Bleeding, But You Can't See His Blood

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

This Romeo Is Bleeding, But You Can't See His Blood Empty This Romeo Is Bleeding, But You Can't See His Blood

Post by Bill Compton Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:47 am

This Romeo is bleeding, But you can't see his blood. It's nothing but some feelings. That this old dog just kicked up. Since you left me it's been rainin'.Now I'm drownin' in the flood. You see I've always been a fighter. But without you I give up

William work up to the sound of his alarm clock blaring, he had always had it set to the local campus radio station to wake him, stretching in his bed as the covers slid down his broad chest, feeling his haziness leave his sight. It was a bright Monday morning, he laid in bed for a few moments and listen to the song on the radio. Listening to the lyrics.

Now I can't sing a love song. Like the way it's meant to be. Well I guess I'm not that good anymore. But baby that's just me. And I will love you, baby. Always. And I'll be there forever and a day. Always

Smiling brightly as he listened to the lyrics, and all he could picture was Pam in his mind, usually every morning it would have been the excitement that this Friday he would be meeting the cast of Stargate with his friend James, and that Pam would be coming with him. He smiled again as he cast a glance at his note board across the room that held a torn piece of paper and her cell number on it. He would call her soon, maybe arrange to meet for a coffee or a tea, whatever she wanted.

I'll be there till the stars don't shine. Till the Heavens burst and the words don't rhyme. I know when I die, you'll be on my mind. And I'll love you, always. Now your pictures are all that you left behind. With some memories of a different life. Some that made us laugh, some that made you cry. One that made you have to say goodbye

William smiled again, his room mate Dave had gone to class already. It was 9:00am in the morning and William did not have any classes until late this afternoon. Standing from his bed he walked across his room picking up the phone and dialing Pam's number and waited for an answer...nothing. She must have had class or she was busy with a protest, that was the reason, she wouldn't give him a wrong number, she didn't seem that kind of girl to do that. No, he mentally shook his head as he tossed the phone onto his bed.

I'll be there till the stars don't shine. Till the Heavens burst and the words don't rhyme. I know when I die, you'll be on my mind. And I'll love you, always. Always, always. I'll be there till the stars don't shine. Till the Heavens burst and the words don't rhyme. Always

"This is LSUS FM, and for a news update, the un-identified body that was found yesterday has been named as..."

William turned off the radio before the news report had finished, he had heard the brief news report yesterday evening and he felt sorry for whom ever it was, but his mind was in to much of a high to be brought down, he was on cloud nine. After searching himself out something to wear, his usual attire. Black jeans and a plaid shirt, still humming the song from the radio, he picked up the phone again to call Pam...still nothing.

He was lost in his own happiness that he didn't notice that his local campus paper had been delivered, something he had delivered every morning. Walking across to the dorm door he scooped the paper up. It was then he caught the headline -

Dead Body Identified.

This Romeo Is Bleeding, But You Can't See His Blood 5c644767a49d4f74a77cb421bbbf7873.0

He felt his heart stop, his heart break. Everything seemed to stop in time...She was dead. The first girl that he had started to develop feelings for was dead. He had only seen her a few days ago, they had arranged to go out together on Friday. Feeling his eyes become heavy with tears as he gripped the paper tightly in his hands screwing it up. His chest becoming heavy to breathe, the radio had popped back on. They were talking about Pam on the radio, a young girl dedicating a song to her friend.

"She loved this song...It was her favorite. She told me she found someone she liked. So whoever it was, this is from Pam to you"

William smiled softly as the radio went into a pause a soft tune started to play.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:09 pm