For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Family Matters

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Family Matters Empty Family Matters

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:37 am

Luna sat on the floor, the necklace in her hand as memories rushed through her mind.

Family Matters Il_fullxfull.182045290

23 years ago - Shreveport, Louisiana

All she could see was blood - blood and dead bodies, her family laying slaughtered in the living room. She had seen the man with her mother and taken off when she had been told to run. She had hid in the shed behind the house, cowering in a corner until she was sure that everything was safe again. It wasn't long before police showed up, took her into their care and placed her in a foster home where she grew up with a new amazing family.

Present Day

She didn't have the words, no clue what she was doing. She just sat there, holding that necklace and staring into space; it had belonged to her mother, passed down through generations and to have been given to her on her sixteenth birthday. Tears were flowing down her cheek, but she didn't even notice. She just stared at the necklace, oblivious to all of her surroundings.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Family Matters Empty Re: Family Matters

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 am

Sam was still recovering from the incident last night with whatever or whoever it was who came to see him about the sweet fairy he'd drained. He could only assume that it was a fairy with the tricks of illusion that shot his knees and shoulder. Still walking with a slight limp as the blood had not fully healed him, he was in a foul mood. Stepping out of his coffin slowly, he groaned and placed his feet on the floor, his strength still somewhat depleted. "Luna! Where's my donor?" He'd grown tired of seeing her face, that turmoil she had. It was getting old and he bore of making her suffer. When she didn't answer he went to her quarters to see her crying on the floor, quickly stuffing something into her pocket. "I'm really not in the mood for tears, Luna."
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:00 am

I woke to my radio playing a song that really really didn't help.

Blinking my eyes I remembered my dream (https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1032-dreams-and-nightmares) and sighed. The man had a point, but I couldn't stop replaying Chaz dying in my head. My inability to save him, and it was all because I went after a vampire alone. Standing, I made my way to my phone and saw messages from Sebastian. I hadn't checked in all night, of course he'd be concerned. I hit call, then ended it before it went through. I had to redeem myself before telling Sebastian. Determination on my face, I dressed and prepared for my next mission. King of Louisiana: Sam Merlotte. He.Was.Dead.

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 am

She quickly wiped her eyes and gave him an obedient smile. She wasn't in the mood to be beaten, hit, bit, or raped yet again. The necklace was tucked safely in her pocket and her hands were now clasped in front of her.

It was amazing how things had changed, how different just a day or two made. Before, she had wanted nothing more than to make him happy in hopes that he would turn her and let her stay with him forever. But now... Now she just wanted him to let her go so she could live her life, have a family.

"I... Sorry, my King. I'm just having a bad day is all. Please forgive me."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:17 am

"Yeah well you can cry when you're dead. I need a donor and something strong. Damn fairy with arrows from last night still have my strength low." He growled low and sighed as he limped over to where she was, taking in her mood. Something was off about her, he could sense it. Rolling his eyes he shook his head and headed back off to the massive bathroom he had, tub full of hot water waiting for him.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:25 am

The sun had set by the time I arrived at his mansion. His guards outside were stupid, that's all I could say. There was an easy entrance through an open window of the mansion, and surprisingly no guard was there. I used my treble hook and climbed up to the window, slinking in quiet as a mouse. A guard walked past me and I snapped his neck, slowly lowering him to the ground. A were more than likely. They didn't bother us too much, but he worked for a vampire...he had it coming. I grabbed his key and ID card that was used to get passed secure areas.

"The king is having his evening bath and wishes not to be disturbed."

"How many donors did he want this time?"

"Two, per usual. If the money wasn't good I'd stake him myself, crazy old bastard. Did you see Luna? She looks awful."

The guards were talking among themselves, I waited until they moved on. I had to find his bath area. Seeing two girls coming down the hall in robes, gave me an idea. I grabbed one as she passed me and covered her mouth. "Don't scream okay? Or I'll just kill you." She nodded. "I need you to give me your robe and stay hidden." She did as I asked and gave me her robe, I gave her my leather outfit at which she put on and hid in a closet. I let my hair down and smiled as I headed down the hall. Seeing a guard I stopped him. "I'm so sorry, I think I'm lost. The king wanted a donor?" He nodded and pointed towards a room, I saw a girl about to enter and rushed over. "I'll do this alone...just...trust me." She looked at me funny and turned to leave. Sam Merlotte...meet your worst enemy.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 am

She watched him leave and didn't even move; she just sat there and looked at the door. Her hand went to her pocket and she ran her thumb against the pearl on the necklace; so many times she had sat with her mother, wearing this necklace, as she told stories of her life growing up. She had spent her entire life trying to keep away from the man that had killed her family, had wanted nothing more than to continue on living and not have to worry about the same happening to her. And now....

She shook her head and stood, her hand gripping the necklace tight and walking to the bathroom with a mission: she wanted to know... was he the one that did this? "Sam? We need to talk!"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 am

He laid relaxing in the hot water, his head resting on the back of his luxurious tub. The faint sound of Luna yelling they needed to talk he groaned and rolled his eyes, knowing she'd be coming barge in anytime now. Women, he was not in the mood for it, at all. So he just ignored her and waited for her emotional human, pathetic self to enter. He closed his eyes and inhaled the steam.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 am

I opened the door and he laid there in the tub like Mr. High and Mighty, like he thought he was. So vein and confident he never even looked up, just muttered, "What now Luna?" I cleared my throat and tried to act sweet. "You requested a donor, sir?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 am

He heard a different voice, and smelled sweet virgin blood making him look up. "I never request...I order. Who are you?" He looked her up and down and his mouth watered. What a piece of work she was. Long, wavy red hair...the robe that hung around her body, making him want to ravage her. Sitting up in the tub, intrigued with this new donor. "Come...join me." He said inviting her into the tub.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:53 am

I wanted to puke when he invited me to his tub, instead I smiled sweetly and walked over to the tub behind him. "You seem so tense. Care for me to rub out some of those kinks?" He smiled and seemed to agree as he lay back and closed his eyes. Perfect. "No peeking now, I'll take real good of you your highness. I looked around the room for something sharp and knew I had to do this fast. Seeing a wooden broom tucked away in the far corner I padded over and grabbed it. That's all I had to work with, but I knew I had to snap it in order for it to be sharp enough. I'd have to wait until the right time....but I had to do this now...I couldn't wait. Snapping the broom in half I turned to see him snap his head and look at me. "Oops, I seemed to have broken this. I apologize."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 am

Heard the snap and quickly turned his head, sensing deceit. "Who.the.FUCK.are you?" He was in no mood for games, instead he lunged for her throat. After last night, he was not taking any chances even on this little red head bitch.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:05 pm

He hadn't even acknowledged her, hadn't even cared that she was wanting to speak to him. Her heart started to pound as she threw open the bathroom door and saw.... "What the hell?"

He was lunging towards a girl that was holding a broken broom. She frowned before jumping towards him and knocking him away from the redheaded girl. The necklace was still clenched in her fist and she jumped up, holding it more tightly as her eyes went to him.

"What is this, Sam? Why do you have my mother's necklace?!"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 pm

He felt someone push him from this target and fell against the wall, his knees hitting the hard floor and grunting. The silver still coursing in his blood apparently.

"What is this, Sam? Why do you have my mother's necklace?!"

She screamed out at him as she shook the necklace in her hand. He managed to stand and look at the red head and snarl. "Luna, I do not have time for this. She's probably a hunter damnit! Now move, or I'll move you myself." He wouldn't answer her question, he was not in the mood for reminiscing.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 pm

I saw him come at me then another woman barged in, pushing him against the wall. My eyes widened and I stood back up, grabbing the broken piece of broom handle and waiting for an opportunity to stake him. She was asking about a mother's necklace. He threatened her as he kept eye contact with me, I refused to show any fear to him. Vampires loved to feed on fear...and I wouldn't give him that satisfaction. "Bring it on, your highness."
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:25 pm

She was so sick of his pompous attitude.

"No! I want to know why the FUCK you have her necklace! I don't care if she's a fucking hunter, or God himself!" She looked between the woman and Sam, necklace still dangling from her fingers.

She looked at the redhead and raised her brow, taking in the robe and broken broom in her hand. "Who the hell are you? Can't this wait?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Hearing her raise her voice to him made his focus turn to her as he grabbed her throat and pinned her to the wall after she asked if it could wait. Realizing his back was to the hunter, he turned and held Luna in front of him as he walked forward to the red head. "What have I told you about that mouth of yours?" His grip getting tighter. "I'm no coward..." He threw her to the floor and looked at the hunter, flashing his fangs. "And just what are you gonna do?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:31 pm

"Actually...No..I---" I was cut off when he grabbed her throat and slammed her to the wall, making even me flinch. I raised the stake in my hand and he turned around holding her in front of him. "Only cowards hide behind innocent people." He said he was no coward and threw her to the floor inching towards me. I tightened my grip on the makeshift stake and got into position for a fight.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 pm

A loud grunt left her when she was thrown against the wall, her hand going to her throat and rubbing gently. "You bastard. You are a fucking coward."

She stayed leaning against the wall and watched the two of them; she knew things were going to get crazy, it was only a matter of time. Slowly moved around the room, making sure to stay silent, as she headed towards her weapon: the rest of the broom. She gripped it in her hand and stared at him, her heart pounding in her chest and anger boiling in her blood.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 pm

He lunged forward and knocked her to the ground, pinning her wrists to the floor as he sat on her chest. "You made a big mistake little girl. BIG." Slapping her across the face for calling him a coward, his fangs still bared. His naked body on top of her, she only wore a robe. A thought crossed his mind...virgin. Sadistically smiling, he started to move her robe as she struggled against him. Sinking his fangs into her neck and pulling her sweet blood into his mouth, while fumbling to get inside of her and take what he wanted.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 pm

"NO! No no no no!" I screamed as I felt him moving my robe, knowing his plans for me. He took things without asking, he was far more brutal than the last vampire I killed. I struggled under him and screamed out when he bit me. I felt his hardened shaft next to my underwear and continued to squirm so he couldn't get near me. I closed my eyes tight and fought to lift my arm from his grip to stake him. "NO!!" I spit in his face when he looked at me and grinned, my blood dripping from his mouth. My neck was on fire, throbbing from his gruesome bite. I almost struggled free but heard a loud pop sound and realized my shoulder had been dislocated from the struggling. I screamed out again as he went back to feeding and trying to force himself on me. This was it, I was going to die...and be violated by this vampire freak.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 pm

She couldn't tear her eyes away from them; Sam was ruthless, his fangs sinking into her neck and ripping away only to go back. He wasn't gentle, and she knew.... Oh God she knew that look. This woman was a virgin. And he was about to rip that away from this innocent woman like he had ripped it away from her.

"NO!" She screamed at him, and jumped with her arms outstretched. She never expected it to end this way, never thought she would be the one to end his existence. The broom sank into his back easily, like a warm knife through butter. Her eyes were wide, a single tear slipped down her cheek and a soft groan left her lips; this was it. This was.. the end of Sam.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I screamed and felt the tears come to my eyes knowing he was going to take my virtue and my life. Why did I think I could face him? Why? Sebastian would be so disappointed and I could only blame my stupidness for Chaz dying and for my ultimate death. The next thing I knew the woman in the room screamed NO! and then he stopped pulling my blood into his mouth. He busted open like a water balloon after his eyes went wide with shock. I lay there covered in his blood from head to toe and just cried, laying my head back on the floor. Hard sobs coming from me. Remembering my savior I quickly stood and looked at her. "Th-thank you....I...I'm sorry..."
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 pm

"I...." She stared at the puddle of goo at her feet, the broom still in her hands with bits of Sam stuck to it. Her eyes were huge and her breath was coming in short pants; she knew she was about to lose it, about to scream at the top of her lungs until everyone came running. Her eyes went back to the pretty red-heads and she stared. "We... We have to get out of here. They'll kill us. Come on. We, we gotta go."

She held the necklace still tight in her grasp as she reached down and pulled the girl up. "Tie that. We have to go, now. They'll know. They always know... everything."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 pm

I blinked a few times, then she helped me to stand.

"We... We have to get out of here. They'll kill us. Come on. We, we gotta go."

I nodded, she was right. I looked down at my bodied body and knew we would have to sneak out. Tying my robe as she suggested I thought fast. "We'll go out the way I came in...I have a van hidden. We can go to my apartment. We'll be safe there...come on."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 am