For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Ring of Fire

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Ring of Fire Empty Ring of Fire

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:47 pm

I was finally done with my mani pedi and wax. It was nights like this that I was so happy that I was immortal and only felt pain for a second. Brazilian waxes were the best, but also the most complicated. I headed out the salon and into my car. The club was closed tonight and I had a few things to do at home. Orders to place and entertainment to book. As I drove home at normal speed for the first time in a while, I thought about last nights hunt with Eric. (https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t111p25-a-quick-hunt#578) and a smiled crossed my lips. We hadn't bonded like that in a while. It made me feel complete again. As the wind blew in my hair I started to think back to the first few years after I was turned.

The year was 1906 a year after being turned. Colin had left and I was still trying to get Eric to notice me. He had been distant ever since his bitch of a sister Nora came to visit. I don't know what happened between them, but I did know she wasn't happy about me...and she made it known. We had made our way to Denmark, a place where many of Eric's descendants were from. He told me stories that his father used to share with him about all the vikings that had traveled and discovered distant lands. I watched as he sat by the shore looking out into the black waters. Something was bothering him, I could feel it. I padded through the sand with bare feet. "Eric, what is it?"
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Ring of Fire Empty Re: Ring of Fire

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Eric sighed. Lately things were a bit of a turmoil. His maker Godric had settled in America but had given Eric freedom that only a released vampire knew. In the past couple of days he'd been visited by his blood sister Nora and things had gone downhill during the visit. She still hated him for the things he'd done in his past. Even Godric had tried to explain that Eric was much older, from a different time where men did and thought differently, and as a viking warrior women were just a commodity to him.

As he sat watching the ocean flow he closed his eyes. He knew Pam was close. He had made her only a few years back but as a volatile new vampire she constantly craved his attention. Although Godric had given him pointers on being a maker the connection between him and Pam was unnerving at times. She knew him in a way no one did, and although sometimes he enjoyed the fact she was mostly emotionless, it was the times when she hungered for sex that he had to back off. He'd seen the damage with Nora and what a disaster that had turned out to be and he didn't want Pam to be that broken. He blinked, a voice breaking him from his mussing.

"I see you're back from feeding.. did you enjoy yourself?" he asked her, dodging her question, which at the moment was a bit loaded
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:10 pm

I looked at the moon and sighed, folding my arms across my chest. "It was...okay. Not the same without you. I uh...accidentally didn't stop in time. I was not paying attention." I didn't want to tell him it was because he'd rejected my kiss the night before, that I had gone out and killed the first man I lured. I knew he and Nora had a past and she always loved to bring it up when he wasn't around. Some part of me wanted to show her I was better than her. Eric was not a material possession. He was a prize alright, but not something to be won...he had to be earned. And if I wasn't good enough....
    I thought that the reason he turned me was to be with him. Slowly I was thinking I was wrong.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:16 pm

He blinked and turned around, his eyes bluer than the ocean behind him "Did you need help hiding the body then?" he asked. In this time it wasn't so bad to kill a human while feeding. Humans had a surprisingly short lifespan and they were dying of one thing or another so it was quite easy to hide a body, but he knew Pam was still young and wouldn't know all the tricks of the trade. Plus it wasn't the first time she'd accidentally killed a meal and it wouldn't be her last.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 pm

I was shocked that he wasn't upset. When I told him I'd turned the farm hand Colin he blew a gasket. I smiled and nodded. "Yes, think that'd be best." I began to think of the state of the male. I had done a number on him and there was blood everywhere. He'd surely be disappointed in me. Oh well, I could care less. I was no good for him anyhow. "Follow me." I said blankly as I sped to the site where the corpse lay.

It was behind a pub in a dark alley that was closed off by barbed wire and barrels. I'd lured him there, enticing him with sex. He had just unzipped his pants when I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist, sinking my fangs into his throat. I'd hit the major artery and blood splattered on my face. I bit every major artery and drank until I was full, the rest of the blood just pooling around. I still had blood on my clothing and skin. As we came upon the corpse I looked at him to see his reaction. "Here it is"
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:27 pm

He followed her to where the body was. He made a face. Pam was still a messy eater but damn, this was a bit of overkill. He turned his head to look at her "I know you are hungry... but you're projecting emotions into your kills.. "he said calmly, moving to pick up the body, or what remained of it. He'd have to come back to hose down the blood to cover up the scene, and get Pam some more clothes so she wasn't walking around like a murder victim.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:40 pm

I folded my arms across my chest as I watched him think about a plan and then proceed to move the body. I rolled my eyes at his comment about emotions. "Fuck emotions, Eric." I looked away refusing to meet his eyes as I whispered "Fuck everything." Still looking away I leaned against the brick wall and looked at my nails now covered in human blood.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm

He sighed. In a flash he was gone from her side for a moment, burying the body in a nearby construction field before returning with a hose. He hooked it up to a nearby yard faucet and began to rinse off the blood from the walls "You're angry at me I know..." he said calmly. With his age he was much better at gauging emotion in vampires, especially in one who was still just a bit unstable such as Pam.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 pm

I watched as he hid the body and hosed down the area. I glared at him at his smug attempt at "Talking it out" I was done talking and was sick and tired of not being good enough. "Don't flatter yourself Eric, you're not the cause of my anger ALL the time." I said in my monotone-I-could-care-less voice. I licked my lips and tasted the blood from the male I'd killed. I was beginning to think he took pleasure in rejecting me. Colin was a great distraction. I was devoured in attention from Eric, I called jealousy but maybe it was mere anger that I'd disappointed again. I thought if he saw how desirable I was, he wouldn't be able to resist.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm

He sighed. He still had trouble understanding women, and vampire women were worse but he had a duty as a maker to be kind to his child. He couldn't ignore her solely because he feared breaking her. Besides, Pam had already proven a whole lot stronger than Nora had ever been at this age. He walked over to her, cupped water in his hand began to wash the blood from under her fingernails "min spädbarn... you are angry at me. I have ignored you for 2 years now and have failed in my duties as a maker. Jag...är...ledsen" he said, dragging out the last bit because it was a bitter pill to swallow with his pride.

[note: min spädbarn = my child. Jag är ledsen = I am sorry]
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 pm

I watched him clean under my nails and listened to him apologize. To ME. Eric Northman apologized. Well I guess the world was going to end tomorrow. Fuck me running if I wasn't hearing correctly. I smirked at him and shook my head. "You're forgiven Eric...But I understand. I'm not good enough. Tell me...do you regret turning me?" I said as he turned the water off. My clothing was soaked in blood. I slid the straps off my shoulder as I turned my back to him waiting for an answer. Grabbing the hose and washing the blood off my bare chest
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 pm

He shook his head "I do not regret turning you. You were a rare kind of breather. Strong; both mentally and physically. You had potential that could only be unlocked as a vampire" he said as he leaned against the nearest wall. He watched her as she washed down the blood and gulped. Dammit.. he hadn't feed in a few days thanks to all his thinking and right now he was hungry, for much more than blood as well.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:17 pm

I listened to his words with my back to him staring into space as the water ran down my pert nipples. I dropped the hose and looked down. Knowing he'd turned me because I was strong made me feel stronger. I spun around as my hair flew with the wind. Staring at him, staring at me I slowly raised my straps of my dress back up. "I'm glad you have that much belief in me." I looked at him and he looked so delectable standing there against the wall, wearing clothing of this time, he still made me quiver. I could feel the heat between my legs get hotter. I just wanted him to be mine. All mine...in more ways than my maker. My fangs dropped and I turned back around. "I must be still hungry."
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 pm

He grinned, slowly approaching her. Oh she was hungry, and he could smell her hunger, but her appetite was for something other than blood. His 6'4 figure towered over her, his was was long down to his shoulders and he'd forgone the usual leather tie he used to keep his hair off his face "You are hungry my child.. but I highly doubt you hunger for blood" he said, his mouth curving into a sly smirk.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:23 pm

My eyes glistened in the moonlight as I looked up at the stars. I could feel him inching closer to me and I licked my fangs. His sweet velvet voice rang close to my ear. "Yeah, well...what do you care? I'll find someone who'll do." Truth was I didn't want anyone but him. But he was smug enough to already know that.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:27 pm

He smirked, leaning down until his lips were right beside her ear "Now now Pam.. you're a terrible liar.. even for a woman" he said, at this point having fun taunting her. He blew a quick cold breath into her ear before he dashed off, not wanting to be around the human dwellings longer than he had to, so he returned to their large cabin by the sea, a place he had acquired long before Pam ever came around, but now it was where they lived together.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:33 pm

I felt the wind blow my hair as he sped away. I stood there for a minute thinking. I would never beg him to be with me. I would never stoop that low. But at this point my loins were begging for his mercy. He was like a vampiric God. His long flowing blonde hair that I'd give anything to run my fingers in. I looked down and knew it was way time for a bath. I sped home myself to the large cabin by the sea that we shared and stopped on the sand looking at the house. I couldn't go eye to eye with him. Not right now. I turned to the sea and walked closer leaving a trail of clothes. I walked into the water until it was just below my breasts and began to wash the remaining blood off of me. It had been a while since I last came into the sea. Tonight the water was cool and relaxing in this hot summer heat. It cooled me off a bit in the right places, not fully...but enough.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Eric was inside the cabin. He had a fire going, still not much for this electricity the humans had invented. He removed all his clothes, modesty not being one of his highest priorities. It was still early in the night, just a little pass midnight judging by the position of the moon. However, even has he could sense Pam outside by the ocean he would not call for her. He'd give her the same amount of freedom that Godric had given him. He stretched and collapsed on the bed, reaching for yet another book he'd procured and resumed his reading. He enjoyed reading the books he could find in old swedish, mostly about the viking legends that he himself was part of
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:43 pm

I knew he'd be inside doing the same thing he did every night. Laid on the bed by the fire and read his beloved books....nude. The sight of a man you desired everyday was torture enough, but to see all of him made my throat burn with desire and my insides growl in frustration. I made my way back to the house, an idea in mind. I was done making advances towards him. Grabbed my bloody clothing I headed for the cabin. Opening the door with a creek, I went by the fire still nude myself and tossed in the blood soaked dress and garments. "That was old anyhow." I said as I ran fingers through my hair and grabbed the large kettle filled with water. I pushed it on top the flames to warm for my bath and wondered if he was looking at me. But I refused to look and see.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm

He didn't have to look at her, the connection between them told him where she was, even her state of undress. He missed the times when he wouldn't hesitate at taking a woman, any woman into his bed, but after Nora he felt like a jackass. But enough of that. Dammit he was a man first and celibacy was not something he wanted to practice, for however long.

"Getting ready for a bath Pam?" he asked, knowing the answer, but breaking the silence between them and the sounds of the crackling fire.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 pm

I sat on the chair next to the fireplace as I stared into the flames. "Yes, actually. Blood is matted in my hair and its disgusting me." I crossed my legs and grabbed some of the cream I'd gotten from an old Irish woman a few months back. Supposed to help the skin, apply before bathing. I rubbed a small amount in my palms and began to massage it into my legs. Closing my eyes as I enjoyed this tranquil moment. I could sense his arousal and there was no longer hiding...he felt SOMETHING for me. Even if it was just him being his usual horny self.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm

He nodded, now watching her from the top of his book as she applied cream. He was mildly fascinated by the lengths women of this time went to to look good. Makeup, corsets, dyes and all mater of products to use solely for the attraction of males. He missed the times where women were just women, they were alluring solely for being female and you wouldn't find yourself in bed with a stranger after she showered off all the makeup.

"Need help washing the blood from your hair?" he asked, recalling the few times Pam had done that for him after he'd gotten particularly blood killing humans for both of them to feed on
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:00 pm

I finished rubbing the cream in as the kettle began to whistle with steam. I heard him as if I'd like help for my hair...I smirked with my back to him. Grabbing the kettle from the fire I headed to the large tub that was filled with a little room temperature water. Calling over my shoulder to answer his question. "If you'd like...I don't mind." I poured the boiled water into the tub and swirled it around with a paddle to make it perfect temperature. I reached to turn the lantern flame on so I'd have a little light. I half wondered if he'd just join me for a bath or wash my hair and be done. I was secretly giddy with wonder, and I hated that feeling.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm

He marked the page in his book before standing. The cabin was large, he'd even expanded it the moment he'd created a female child, recalling that women liked to take baths. He stood at the doorway of the bathing chamber and grinned "you're excited" he said calmly, slowly making his way to her like he had all the time in the world, which technically he did
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 pm

I looked up at him with hooded eyes. "Bathing makes me relax...and I enjoy it very much." I sat there with my knees up in front of me as I cupped water into my hands and ran it over my pert nipples. I tilted my head and looked up at him as he walked towards me. I began to hum the song my mother used to sing to us at bathtime, and smiled remembering her voice. There were times I still missed her, but that was just the humanity of me speaking. Pretty soon that piece of me would be dead as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:55 pm