For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Taking control of my future

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Taking control of my future Empty Taking control of my future

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:13 pm

"You ain't gonna shoot shit..."

All his life, people underestimated him, stole from him, lied to him, treated him as though he didn't matter or used him. Not any more. As he raised his gun and aimed at Tommy's back, he thought about the decision he was about to make and how it would affect him. He cared for the boy, he wanted to get close to him...he wanted a family, but it was never enough. He was just Sam...the guy you can use and abuse and he'll take it. After Charlene and Jon, he took his money and life back. Bought Merlotte's and made a name for himself in the small town of Bon Temps. People were friendly, no one knew of his past and he wanted to keep it that way. No one knew he was a shifter either. That secret, he'd protect with his life. Now, here came his brother Tommy...always wanting a handout and never wanting to work or earn anything. He'd teach him a lesson alright, death was not good enough for him.

Pulling his trigger finger against the trigger, he lined up his shot using the sights on his gun. Squeezing it back, the gun fired.

{POW}

Tommy screamed out in pain and he lowered his gun, slipping it into the back of his jeans as he walked over to him on the ground. He held his leg, writhing in pain of the bullet. -I warned you, Tommy. You should have just given me my money back.-

"Damn it Sam! You didn't have to shoot. Aagghhh God damn it! My leg! You shot me in the fuckin' leg Sam!!"

-I could have killed you or shot you in the ass, which would you prefer? I still have fourteen rounds. I'll call an ambulance for you, best thing you can do is leave town. Think of stealing from me again, I'll kill you. Family or not...-

He turned on his heel and grabbed his cell out of his pocket with one hand while the other carried the bag of cash his brother was trying to steal from him. He'd worked too hard and too long to get that money and nothing would stop him from keeping or getting back what was his.

-Yeah, I'd like to report a theft. Someone broke into my bar and stole some cash, I chased them out and shot them. You'll find them behind Merlotte's in the woods. I just shot his leg, he'll live unless he bleeds to death. Yeah, yeah I understand. Send Andy to Merlotte's...it's Sam...Sam Merlotte....the victim? Oh that would be Tommy Mickens.-

He hung up and slid it back in his pocket, heading back to the bar to put the money back in the safe and wait for good ole' sheriff Andy Bellefleur. That would be an interesting conversation in itself for sure. After locking the money back up, he grabbed the bottle of jack and slid into an empty booth of his empty bar and waited for Andy.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:31 pm