For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Meeting Hoyt's Mother

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Meeting Hoyt's Mother Empty Meeting Hoyt's Mother

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Hoyt Fortenberry drove his truck with Amy by his side in the passenger seat as the radio hummed in the background, they were on their way to Merlotte's to see Hoyt's momma. He had arranged to meet her there at 12 noon for lunch, telling her he would be bringing a guest. He could still hear her comment ringing in his ears.

"She ain't dead like the last one"

Hoyt hated that he couldn't get his mother's approval for someone he loved, why couldn't he just go without his mother's approval. She was all he had and vice versa. Today was perfect, without the exception of his mother.

~FLASHBACK~

Hoyt's eyes rolled in his head as he let out an echoing yawn and stretched his arms above his head, remembering where he was. He had slept right through the night without waking. He hadn't done that in a long time, since being with Jessica meant that his sleeping patterns had changed dramatically. Hoyt gently nudged Amy from her sleep.

"Hey sleepy head" she joked.

"Hey yourself" he smirked back at her.

Hoyt glanced around at the clock and saw that it flashed 11:05, he had completely forgot. Hoyt hopped out of bed and could hear Amy giggling in the background

"What's wrong?" she inquired.

"I told my momma that I would meet her for lunch at Merlotte's....You wanna meet her?"

"Em sure. Why not" she shrugged.

Hoyt smirked as he got himself ready as Amy did the same

~END OF FLASHBACK~

As Hoyt sat in silence at they were just coming in Bon Temps, the song barely recognizable as the radio crackled in the background. He could sense that she was nervous, he reached out and rested his hand on her lap.

"She really ain't all that bad" he joked.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Meeting Hoyt's Mother Empty Re: Meeting Hoyt's Mother

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Amy smiled, touching his hand. "Well...I'll use you a a shield if she comes after me" she said with a chuckle.

They were soon arriving at a nice, rustic looking bar. Hoyt got out and she got out after him. They walked inside where some music was playing there was someone at the bar serving drinks and most of the tables were empty, well all but one where Hoyt's mother was perched.

Dressed in all pink she gave Amy a haughty look. Amy could hear her thoughts. The woman was saying how Amy was too skinny, too pale, and how she looked too much like the 'vamper' that ruined her son.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:31 pm

It wasn't long before Hoyt had pulled up into Merlotte's parking lot. The parking lot was empty which was unusual for the lunch time rush. Hoyt parked his truck and slid out and Amy followed. Leading her inside the bar that was almost empty. Hoyt saw Sam behind the bar serving Jane Bodehouse her usual drink.

"Hey Sam" Hoyt waved.

Sam waved back at Hoyt as he searched out his mother. Hoyt saw his momma sitting in a nearby booth and walked over to her.

"Hoyt, my boy" she chirped as she embraced him into a motherly cuddle.

"Momma. There is someone I want you to meet. This is Amy. Amy Williams. My girlfriend" Hoyt beamed.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Amy smiled, putting on her best face despite this woman's thoughts having cursed her up and down several times already.

"Nice to meet you Miss Fortenberry" she said cheerfully. She extended her hand and his mother took it but not without a degree of scorn in her eyes before they sat down.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:43 pm

"Be nice" Hoyt warned his mother.

"I am always nice" Maxine Fortenberry huffed back.

Hoyt let Amy slide into the booth opposite Maxine as he slid in next to her. His momma already had a sweet tea on the table. Hoyt signaled to let Sookie know that they were ready to order. She said she would be there in a moment as she finished up on another table.

"So...tell me about yourself...Amy" Maxine asked, clearly not happy about Amy being there.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Amy smiled. "Well... I've been on my own for a while. I have four older siblings who are scattered around the country. Oh I'm also a college student, doing my best to finish out my year" she said gently.

She wasn't sure what would be good or bad to tell so she kept to general facts. Hopefully nothing she said would set his mother off.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Hoyt hoped that his momma and Amy could get along, he needed them to get along. He didn't want to be stuck in the same situation as he was with Jessica. At least Amy was human...kind of.

"What about your folks? They dead?" she asked bluntly.

"Momma. That's enough" Hoyt spoke sternly at his momma.

"What? I'm just asking"
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Amy smiled. "It's ok Hoyt" she said, gently patting his shoulder.

"My mother died a few years ago, but my dad lives in Colorado" she said calmly. She wouldn't go into the unnecessary details of her mother's death, but at least she was telling the truth.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:02 pm

"What about boyfriends? You had many? I don't want my baby hurt again. You got kids? You ain't ever dated a vampire" Maxine hurried out again "Waitress!" she called out.

"Momma. You can't ask stuff like that. It ain't none of your business" Hoyt whispered.

"I gots a right to know. I am your momma" she said stating a fact.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Amy chuckled. "Hoyt is my first boyfriend, so no I haven't had any. No kids, and why would I date a vampire?" she asked. Maxine was a strange woman. Her mind was a jumble of genuine care for her child and care only for what the neighbors thought of her, or what juicy gossip she could get from anyone.

"It's ok Hoyt, let your mom ask what she wants" she whispered to Hoyt.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:11 pm

"No, Amy its not right" he turned to his momma "You be nice to Amy. I love her and that's all that matters. She is the girl I am gonna marry one day. Heck we may even get married tomorrow. Or today" Hoyt finished.

"Hoyt, son. Keep your voice down don't want the town hearing our business" she said in a hushed whisper.

"No. Now play nice. Momma. Don't make me choose" he said as Sookie approached the table.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Amy blinked. Wow... Hoyt was thinking marriage and she could barely decide what kind of drink she should have. At least she was glad Hoyt liked her enough to consider such things.

She took his hand to try and calm him, it wouldn't do anyone any good to cause a scene as their waitress came near.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Hoyt felt angry which was the last thing he wanted to feel like, his momma was being her usual self, always judging people people like she did with Jessica Hamby.

"So apologize to Amy" he ordered.

Maxine sat there silently for a moment or two debating "Fine. I'm sorry" she said sarcastically at Amy.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Amy sighed. That apology was quite fake but she wouldn't push the subject anymore. Instead she smiled and leaned her head on Hoyt's shoulder, more worried about him than his mother anyways.

"Lets just order something to eat alright?" she suggested.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:29 pm

"Order me the garden burger with some curly fries. And a side salad. I am trying to watch my weight" she smirked and shuffled out of the booth "Excuse me. I am going to the ladies" she stated and left Hoyt and Amy alone in the booth.

"I am sorry about my momma. She can be a bit much at sometimes" he sighed as Sookie joined them at the booth "You ready to order?" he asked Amy.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Amy nodded and ordered her meal.

Amy and Sookie talk

Amy returned to Hoyt's side, his mom still not back. She looked at him. "Everything alright?" she asked.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Sookie had taken Amy aside for a few minutes, his momma was still not back from the ladies yet.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah everything is fine" he smirked, he turned to Sookie who was waiting on their order "Yeah can i get the garden burger with some curly fries. And a side salad. I'll have Lafayette's chilli and fries. What do you want Amy?" he asked Amy.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 pm

She smiled. "I'll have the country steak with fried green tomatoes and an iced tea" she said, glad that even for a moment she had Hoyt to herself without his mother breathing down their necks.

Once Sookie had taken their orders and gone to fill them she took his hand and chuckled. "Marry me huh... pretty bold around your mum"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:59 pm

"Yeah" he blushed a little "I kind of jumped the gun on that part. If i offended you I am sorry"

Hoyt panicked a little thinking that he had upset her or had pushed her away talking about marriage after only one day being together.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:01 pm

She chuckled and shook her head. She leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I think it's sweet" she whispered as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

Their food was brought quickly and she smiled. "mmm...I'm starving"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Hoyt's stomach rumbled at their food was served just as his momma came back just in time.

"Where is my ranch dressing?" she shouted as she shuffled back into the booth and dug into her curly fries.

Hoyt let go of Amy's hand as he started to dig into his fries and chilli. They were all sitting quietly eating their food when he heard Sam call out to the bar.

"HEY. CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION! HEY! I got something i need to show you"

Hoyt, Amy and his momma stopped eating to turn to Sam. What did he have to show them?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Sam had been listening to the news all day, most of it irrelevant and over stated. That was until he caught the interview with Steve Newlin. That bastard had taken Emma hostage and treated her like his own personal puppy dog. There was no doubt in his mind that he would try to get Luna back for his public embarrassment that the reporter was bringing up, and he'd want Emma back--Over his dead body. He called to check in on Luna and sighed relieved that everything was okay. She wasn't too pleased about seeing Steve on television and he reassured her that everything would be okay. She told him to watch himself and he promised her he'd see her the next evening. -Kiss Emma for me-

"In other news, we'd like to share a clip that has been going around all day. This is news reporter Stacy Andrews who covers most of the greater Miami area, what you're about to see is real."

Sam hung up and looked up at the television that everyone was watching. The AVL reporter grinned and a clip began to play of a woman, brunette giving the local news.

"Sources say that they have no plans for renovations at this time. More at ten. But before you hit that dial, the supernatural community would like to announce that you are not alone, vampires and humans are not alone." She smiled brightly and dropped the microphone, shifting into a timber wolf with light gray fur. Sam's eyes widened and he nearly dropped the glass tumbler he was wiping down with the bar rag.

"Well, will you looka that shit. More freaky shit in this world."

"Hell, I think it's kinda cool. Why the hell not?"

"Oh my god did I just see that right?"

The news cast went back to the vampire who smirked. "Looks like the furry creatures are coming out of the....woods? We'll have more thoughts after this PSA."

Sam listened to the bar chatter and began to get riled up. Hoyt and Amy were in deep conversation and Sookie slid in behind the bar. "I don't like this..." She said softly next to him, obviously hearing some of the patrons thoughts. On instinct and not using his brain, he went around the bar to the middle of the floor and waved his hands.

-Alright everybody hush up. Hush up. HEY! CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION! HEY!- the bar quieted down and you could only hear the sizzle from the kitchen as Lafayette hung on the kitchen nook and Arlene held the order pad in her hand almost not blinking. Sookie called his name out to stop him from doing what she knew he was going to. -It's alright Sookie. Listen I know you just saw that and I know you're scared, but you don't have to be. I got something I need to show you all and maybe it'll ease your mind about things.-

He swallowed and took a deep breath before shifting into a collie in the middle of the crowded Merlotte's bar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 pm