For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

I don't want to be King.

Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

I don't want to be King.  Empty I don't want to be King.

Post by Eric Northman Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 pm

His whole world had been turned upside down. Ever since that night... when the wolves had come. His whole family, even his infant little sister had been butchered and all for what? his father's crown? the injustice of it all just galled him. Instead he now found himself an unwilling king at a funeral. All he had left in terms of family was a distant uncle who had renounced his rights to the throne all for a slip of a woman he claimed to love.

Well now this uncle was all he had to guide him and unlike the bitter stories his father had told him about his brother, Eric had taken a liking to his uncle. He wasn't the coward his father preached about. Instead he was a soldier who wanted to provide for his wife and children and he said that being tied to the throne would put them in even more danger. Now Eric understood what he meant and he cursed the day that his father became king.

"Listen Eric... this time is tough to go alone, find yourself a good woman. You can't go around sleeping with any young thing anymore, you'll lose the respect of your people" is uncle counseled.

"I care not for their respect. All I want is revenge, to kill those wolves and the bastards who sent them after my family" growled Eric. He and his uncle now stood behind the small cottage his uncle lived in. It was barely an hour after his family’s funeral and already there were words floating about Eric’s ability to lead.

Truth be told Eric didn’t want to lead but he had no choice, he now had the memory of his father to uphold. His uncle patted his shoulder. “Gå göra massor av starka barn, och njuta av processen” he whispered with a smirk.

Eric grinned. He did enjoy sex and right now he’d do anything to fill the void inside him. As he cemented that thought in his mind he noticed that a young woman had been looking at them. He vaguely recalled the girl was the only daughter of one of his father’s generals. His suspicions were confirmed as her father came to usher her away.

His uncle seemed to read his thoughts and leaned in close “Do this right Eric. Woo her, marry her and find solace in her bosom”

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:13 am