For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Wise Words

Godric
    Godric

Wise Words  Empty Wise Words

Post by Godric Tue May 07, 2013 7:09 am

After he had spoken with his eldest progeny Eric which has brought up a lot more open wounds than he imagined. He had felt a sudden pool in his core, the call of a child in distress would come close to how he felt at that moment. He fazed into what looked like the basement of the establishment.

He appeared and shimmered into the dark, damp room as his eyes scanned the room. He found his youngest progeny appearing from her resting place. How things had changed since he a young vampire himself.

He approached his youngest child, not knowing if she would be able to sense him or not.

"Nora, my child" he whispered.
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Wise Words  Empty Re: Wise Words

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue May 07, 2013 7:22 am

Rising from her coffin in the basement at Fangtasia, Nora thought that she felt something inside her but simply dismissed it as a side effect of having just wakened. It was then that she heard his words,"Nora, my child".

Turning sharply, Nora smiled as she saw Godric standing before her, just as before. Feeling a great sense of happiness and relief flood over her, like a great wave of warmth spreading throughout her body.

"Father!" She knew that she could not hug hum, as much as she still wished to; she knew that urge was an ache that would remain with her until the day that she were to meet the True Death.

Looking a bit more closely, Nora realized that Godric did not seem to be as pleased to be with her as she was to see him. "Father? What is it?"
    Godric
    Godric

Post by Godric Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 am

"Sit my child" he asked.

He could feel everything that she was feeling flow through to him. It had been sometime since they had been together in time, but he had always has a bond, a love for his progeny's and that would never change. Even in death, he always looked over them, wanting to guide them.

They were his blood, his only blood line that he considered family. His eyes kept firmly on her until he waited until she was fully awake having visited just after sunset.

"Nora. Something comes. Something that I cannot speak off. I do not know why i am here or how i came to be here. You and Eric shall be tested" he noted.
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 am

"Nora. Something comes. Something that I cannot speak off. I do not know why i am here or how i came to be here. You and Eric shall be tested"

Her eyes widening with surprise, Nora snapped her eyes to Godric's. He had never truly warned them, other than when she was still within the grips of Lilith and threatening to pull Eric down into those depths with her. Godric knew that his children were strong and could make it through just about anything so this threat had to be very grave for Godric to be concerned enough to feel the need to warn them.

"Can you give me no clue as to what this could be?" She knew that if Godric could tell her or Eric he would. An array of possibilities swam through her mind. Each scenario that she could think of flew through her mind, each ending just as quickly as they came.
    Godric
    Godric

Post by Godric Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 am

"I cannot Nora...But i can however tell you that you are going to need Eric. As he shall you. Your stronger together than apart"

He closed the gap between them, raising his hand he placed it softly on her cheek, forcing with all his will that she may be able to feel his touch. He cared for Nora in such a way that was different from how other Makers treated their female progeny's.

"Stay with Eric. He shall be your guide child" he whispered.
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue May 07, 2013 9:03 am

Nora knew that she could not touch Godric but their bond was so strong that she could feel him as he touched her face. Closing her eyes, Nora simply enjoyed the feeling of being close to him once again.

"I will stay with him Father. I promise. I am not going to lose him too. I will not allow that to happen." Nora couldn't bear to think of an existence with Eric in it. Just as she never wanted to bear a world without Godric. Having him here with her, at this and every moment since his death, made her feel whole for the first time since that day.
    Godric
    Godric

Post by Godric Tue May 07, 2013 9:11 am

"You are my child Nora, as I am the child of my Maker. We all have a place in this world. And you will find yours" he whispered.

He carried on gazing into the soft eyes of his child, eyes of an empress that she was. He knew that there had been a reason for him turning her, the list was endless. But he knew that he had always made the right choice.

"Protect each other. You will need to be strong, for a time comes that you shall depend on one another young one.....I must take my leave now Nora" he whispered.
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 am

Nora smiled and nodded as Godric instructed her that she and Eric were to protect one another. "We will Father. We will not fail you, I swear it."

She knew that Godric had to leave, that staying and leaving did not seem to be of his own free will Nora watched with tear filled eyes as he began to fade from her view.

"I love you Father." Blinking, she felt as a single tear rolled down her cheek.
    Godric
    Godric

Post by Godric Tue May 07, 2013 9:27 am

Godric watched as a single red tear flowed freely from her eyes. He took a few more steps towards her. There was so much more that he wanted to say, but could not find the words.

"As I have love you my child. Never forget that. You have made me proud to be your Maker. We shall meet again one day" he smiled.

Godric gave a long lasting glance at his progeny as he faded away, leaving nothing behind but his soft voice.

"Always" as his voice faded out.

Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue May 07, 2013 9:39 am

Choking back a sob, Nora sighed heavily as she watched Godric fade into nothingness. Looking to the ceiling, hoping for one last glimpse or one more word from her maker; knowing that it would not come. Looking around the basement, she knew that she was alone; alone with the thoughts and questions of things to come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 pm