For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Ready to try again - maybe? (2018)

Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Ready to try again - maybe?  (2018) Empty Ready to try again - maybe? (2018)

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 am

Waking up once more to an empty bed, punching the pillow and hitting the snooze button.  It's times like this when I miss Jesus the most.

Opening my eyes, I look at the framed photo of the two of us that still sits on my night table after all these years.  Jesus?  Baby?  I knows you hear me, wherever it is that you are.  Lawd knows we talk enough.  Or mebbe it is that I talk and you listen.  I'm never gonna love anyone as much as I do you.  Fuck,  I don't wanna be alone for the rest of my life.  Know what I'm sayin'?  No more one night stands.  I wanna grow old with someone. I think you would understand."

Ready to try again - maybe?  (2018) Tvu21fy71z4q1741

Giving up and peeling the mattress off'n my back, I stretch, feeling the joints creak and crack.  Damn - gotta start working out.

Turning the shower spray on full force, I climb in.  As I stand under the spray, memories wash over me.

Jesus.

Terry.

Good times with Tara.  Fun with Sookie, Sam, Arlene, and Holly at the bar. Helping Arlene contact Terry - although I'm still not sure that was a good thing.  The party that the gang at Bellefleur's threw for me when I announced that I was going to culinary school, and planned to open my own place. Upscale dining.  A place where everyone would be welcome - straight, gay, human or not.   I want to be the boss for a change.

Laughing a little, remembering the good times at Merlotte's/Bellefleurs.  Hell, I acted like the damn boss.  I just didn't have the title, but I always had the attitude.

Tucking the memories away for now and hurriedly dressing to leave for class.

Ready to try again - maybe?  (2018) 6a00d8341c630a53ef0154354a19ba970c-600wi

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:02 am