For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Murders In Texas (2042)

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Murders In Texas (2042) Empty Murders In Texas (2042)

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:13 am

"Caleb I understand the predicament that you are in, but it is not my place to intervene...I chose you specifically for this reason. If you feel that you are not up to the job then I shall have no choice but to seek else where.....Very well, It seems that I am left with no choice...I shall make the necessary travel arrangements, it is more than likely that she shall be traveling with me...But until I hear otherwise have another on standby...Very well, until we meet again" he sighed.

Ending his phone call as he slid his cell back into the charger as he instantly began typing away on his computer, sending out the necessary protocols to make the travel arrangements with Anubis Airline as instantly his flight was booked.

It looked as though Bill's plans would have to change once again, with Cael no longer willing to do his job correctly and now it seemed that a new vampire had moved into the Texas territory and was now causing havoc in the area. As he quickly glanced at his schedule he could see that he had several weeks available. 

Now all he had to do was tell Kiara of his new work change, knowing that she would probably decide to join him, but with everything that was going on in Texas he wished that she would remain behind to cater to her own engagements as he did not feel that Texas was the right place for her right now. 

All he had to do now was convince Kiara.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Murders In Texas (2042) Empty Re: Murders In Texas (2042)

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 am

Kiara leaned back on her chair. She'd just signed off on another massive order of blood for another vampire party. Her business was doing great ever since the downfall of the true blood factories with the hep V epidemic.

She rubbed her eyes. With her own warehouses and factories scattered about Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas she was still having trouble keeping up with the demand. She knew she'd eventually have to take a trip to another state to open another factory.

She checked the time, it was just pass 11pm. Her first night meal seemed like an eternity ago so she got up and stretched before heading to the kitchen. The mansion was nice and quiet, only the guards patrolling the grounds as usual. She debated if she wanted to just order food from somewhere or if she'd get up the energy to actually make something.

As she made her way barefoot to the kitchen she spotted several pots still on the warmers, filled with leftover stew from earlier. She smiled. The cooks knew her well, so she decided to heat up some cheesy bread in the oven and see what else she could find to eat.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:27 am

"....I assume that everything is how I asked Anthony, and I shall be requiring the Gold package on my arrival....Yes I believe that I shall be traveling alone, as for my wife I cannot speak for her personally, but please have everything on standby...And my car shall be there within the hour...Until then Anthony" Bill ended yet another call.

Standing from his chair as he could smell something of a human food product as the aroma filled his office as Bill knew exactly who it was. Following the smell as he was led to the kitchen as he found Kiara searching for what he assumed to be more food. Standing against the door frame as he watched as he could not help but smirk;

"If you look in the bottom drawer I believe they left you a chocolate fudge cake" he spoke from the door.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:37 am

Kiara lifted her head, grinning as she turned around. "I'll save it for later" she said as she pulled out a bowl to filled with the meat and potatoes stew still warming up.

"What brings you here love? You left to your office in a hurry. Did something happen?" she asked as she leaned against the counter.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:45 am

"Yes, it appears that I may have to take a trip to Texas...Something urgent has come up, and I need to leave right away...Tonight so I can make it there before sun rise" he nodded.

Walking into the kitchen as he pulled up a seat next to the counter as he watched her ear the left over food, the cooks knew her well enough to leave her something to snack on in an evening.

"Seems that Caleb is having troubles adjusting to his new position and requires my assistant. A rogue vampire has been set loose and is causing havoc and right now we cannot afford another human uprising against us. I shall be there for a few weeks at most" he groaned.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:58 am

Kiara looked at him as he spoke. She already didn't like how this sounded. It seemed like Bill was just eager to leave and was trying to find a way for her to stay.

On one hand she didn't want to stay, she hated being away from Bill, but on the other hand she could see the practicality of working alone, of having no distractions and she had to admit, she loved distracting Bill.

"I guess....you want me to stay" she said softly, sounding a bit disappointed overall.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:23 pm

"I would feel safer with you here out of harms way...But the choice is yours..If you wish to accompany me then I shall not stop you...But should you come with me I cannot promise that I will be available as much as I would like" he sighed a little.

He stood from his chair as he walked around to stand in front of her, his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"What is it that you want to do? I do not want you in harms way, but I do not like to leave you alone" he assured her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Kiara debated for a moment. Either way it seemed that she would be apart from Bill. But he was going to Texas and it would at least give her an excuse to get out of the house and check on her own business.

"I'll go... I have business in Texas with my company anyways... at least we can both get things done while we're there" she said as she set her bowl down.

"Since you said you're leaving tonight I assume things are already booked so I'll go ahead and book my own flight" she said a bit sadly as she pulled out her phone. This hadn't been how she'd expected to spend her night but things happened.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:59 pm

"...It's already taken care off...I had hoped that you would accompany me to Texas...I have things already taken care off" he smirked.

He reached over and pulled her phone from her hand and placed it on the counter beside her, his hand drifting to cup her cheek.

"...I know we had plans for tonight, but I am afraid that I cannot avoid this...You can be angry at me, but you knew things like this would happen sweetheart" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 pm

She nodded as she leaned against his hand. "I'm not angry love... I knew even before I married you that sometimes I'd take a back seat to your Kingly duties" she said with a soft smile.

She just stood there in silence for a moment. She meant it, she wasn't angry. It was maybe a tad disappointing to have to change plans for something as boring as work, but over the years she'd gotten used to it.

"I suppose I should get to packing..."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:47 pm

"....All you will need is your things for work...You shall not need anything else. I know that we had plans tonight, but maybe some shopping might make you feel better?" he smirked.

He knew that Kiara had a weakness for shopping..especially when it came to shopping for lingerie for her to model for him later in the evening when they both had time before the sun rose.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:59 pm

She chuckled at his mention of shopping. Oh she was going to take out her frustrations on Bill's black amex card thats for sure.

"Then I'll go grab my things before we miss our flight" she said, leaning in and kissing his cheek before walking away to her office.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Bill knew that he would pay for that suggestion or at least his credit card would, he remembered the last time they were both in Texas. She had returned with several drivers carrying her bags and boxes that needed their own transport vehicle to bring them back to Louisiana. But he did admit that he too enjoyed several nights of her purchases that she had bought especially for his own eyes.

He would not complain if that was her intention once again, but if that would keep her mind occupied whilst he tried to resolve the situation of the rogue vampire loose in Texas.

"....Do not take too long, the car shall be here in fifteen minutes...And I have plans for the flight entertainment" he called out after her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:23 pm

She paused at what he called out and stopped putting papers into her briefcase.

"If this entertainment involves me and that blasted pole again Bill you can forget it" she called out, recalling the last time the inflight entertainment had involved her and some amateur pole dancing and the epic failure that had been, not to mention the hours of amusement it had brought him.

She grabbed all she needed work wise and packed a small bag of essentials. Despite Bill fearing her shopping she really just wanted to shop for the grandkids. They were big now and could use some nice clothes and technology for school.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:38 pm

As Bill appeared behind her as she was stacking files into her briefcase as his hand rested on her hip as he smirked as he could remember their last flight to Texas very well.

"...Then it is a good thing that we have a different flight this time...One with a large bath tub, and of course one with the bed that you like" he smirked into her ear.

If they could not have their original plans for tonight, Bill would simply change them to a different venue. But once they settled in Texas, he had to assume his role as King.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:11 pm

She rolled her eyes as she closed her briefcase. "a bathtub eh? It has been some time since you and I took a nice long bath together" she said with a smirk.

She made sure she had her phone, charger and other little things before figuring she had everything good to go.

"Shall we? I'd hate to be late"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:43 pm

"Everything I need is right here....Plus everything I need I can access from Texas" he smirked.

Taking her by the hand as he led her towards the door and soon they would be on their way to Texas. Bill did not want to worry Kiara about the whole situation as things were more bleak than what Bill let on...But he would handle things and make sure that he and Kiara both returned home safely.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:03 pm

It was only when they were being driven to the airport that she turned on the barrier so the driver couldn't hear before she turned to look at Bill.

"Bill...we've been married for a while now... I know you well, or at least I hope I do" she said as she took his hand.

"You have to remember I'm a wolf... emotions come like scents to me... something is bothering you, much more than just an impromptu trip to Texas" she said softly.

"Please... please tell me whats wrong"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Bill frowned as Kiara turned on the barrier as he knew instantly that what was said between them was not meant for lingering ears. As he looked down at their joining hands as he heard her ask what was really wrong. He had hoped that he had hid it better, but it appears that he did not.

"....Sweetheart...It is nothing that I cannot handle..Leave it for me to worry about...I promise you, it is nothing" he lied.

He did not want to reveal what was really happening whilst he was in Texas, he did not want to add to her worry.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:24 pm

She frowned. She gently rubbed the top of his palm. "Bill...you hate it when I keep secrets from you... when I try to protect you by keeping things from you" she said gently.

"I won't press the matter if you really don't want to tell me... but I would hope you'd trust me enough to confide in me" she said softly before she merely smiled and turned back to face the window as the car drove on.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Bill sighed when he knew that he was trying to protect her, but was lying to her really the best way. He did wonder if leaving her back in Louisiana would have been the safest solution for them both...But with her here, he could keep a better eye on her.

"....Caleb called because there is a vampire in Texas, there had been an endless list of missing people and unresolved cases involving young vampires...If I am unable to stop it, it could mean an uprising against the vampire race and a possible end to us all including myself.....Kiara...Its Raphael" he ended.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:39 pm

There was a moment when Kiara tensed at that name. She knew that vampire well, too well. He had been her captor, nearly turning her vampire against her will.

"Well...the little shit is still alive isn't he" she muttered, keeping a surprisingly level of calm, but it was that sort of angry calm, like a pot on low simmer before the boil.

"Well...I won't rob my husband the pleasure of beheading such a disgrace to the name vampire"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Bill would enjoy nothing more than to tear his worthless head from his body, he could already imagine it now.

".....There is something else sweetheart.." reaching over as he grasped both hands.

He didn't know how to say this, but he could not lie to her.

"He's coming to Louisiana.....For you" he ended.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:00 pm