For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Mommy Troubles

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Mommy Troubles Empty Mommy Troubles

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:33 pm

She was EXHAUSTED. Who knew that chasing after a 2 yr old toddler could be so demanding? She collapsed on her bed for now and sighed. Sophie was an adorable little girl. She had energy to spare and viewed the world with such hope and wonder that even Kiara seemed to get infected by her good mood.

What seemed to be most precious was just how easily Sophie seemed to find happiness. Anything from finger painting, to playing dress up, she would just light up and think the world of you. She didn’t understand hatred. She loved the fact she had two uncles who were gay, she adored the fact that her uncles and her mother were wolves and wild animals. She had some left over trauma over vampires but even then she approached them with curiosity. People to her were innately good and it always shocked her when someone was bad or mean.

The one thing Kiara was grateful for was that Glenn and Logan had managed to give Sophie a touch of girly-ness. She loved the pretty frilly things, had a healthy love for dolls and plush animals and all things pink and purple. But as with anyone who spent time with Kiara, and especially one who thought of Kiara as their mother Sophie had a streak of tomboyish-ness. She liked wearing jeans and shirts, loved playing out in the dirt and loved it even more when she got to run around with the wolves she called family.

Kiara looked at her phone where she had a few recent pictures of Sophie. It seemed Sophie had somehow inherited Kiara’s pout. Bill would surely get a kick out of that. She smiled. She hadn’t been this happy since…. Well perhaps since Bill had asked to marry her. There was something just strange and oddly peaceful about being with Sophie. In Sophie’s world there was no such thing as war, no such thing as a bad day. It was all sunshine and rainbows and Kiara wanted to keep it that way. It was why she was willing to keep Sophie hidden away for now. She wouldn’t bring her back to Louisiana, not until this war business was done with and she was 100% certain Sophie would not be in danger.

Mommy Troubles Nzn3me

As she thought of the war and things back home she thought of Bill. She hadn’t been gone too long, a few days at most but what she hadn’t counted on was how much she would miss Bill. He drove her crazy, he was moody and brooding, controlling and secretive and yet she still missed him. Like a hole inside her. She missed having him in bed to curl up with, missed being able to go to his office just to see him. Missed hearing his voice even when he chastised her over something.

She looked at her phone and at the time. It wasn’t too late; perhaps 11pm right now. Sophie was tucked in bed and sleeping peacefully, Glenn and Logan were out on a run after being cooped up inside all day, they were also scheduled to go grocery shopping. Yes it was late but like her they didn’t want to leave Sophie alone during the day. It was the only real sign of Sophie’s early childhood trauma. She had to be able to see someone at any time. Even if she was alone in the sitting room coloring she wanted to be able to lift her head from the paper and instantly see someone. If she didn’t she would get distressed, often panic thinking that people were dead. It was why Kiara, as well as Glenn and Logan zealously guarded her. There was always one adult present wherever Sophie was. It was something Kiara would have to plan if she ever wanted Sophie to live with Bill, not to mention Bill’s strictly nocturnal schedule. But that was something to worry about later.

Right now Kiara debated calling Bill. She didn’t want to seem needy but at the same time hearing his voice would soothe her. She dialed his cell and waited. She honestly didn’t think he would pick up, he was always so busy.

“You have reached… Bill Compton…. Please leave your message after the tone”

She froze. She hadn’t thought this far ahead and had no idea what to say. “Um…hi Bill… it’s me Kiara” she began now feeling like an idiot for stating the obvious.

“So…things are good here. I’m ok… so is Sophie. She is safe and growing up quickly. I-” she hesitated, again torn between sounding needy and being honest

“I…miss you.. a lot” she said softly, glad that Glenn and Logan were not around to roll their eyes at her. They still really didn’t approve of her with Bill.

“I love you… I can’t wait to be back home. I’ll call when I can” she said before hanging up.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:55 am