For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Unexpected Surprise

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Unexpected Surprise Empty Unexpected Surprise

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:57 pm

She watched as Rajat played with his trucks on the floor of their hotel suite. The events from the previous night playing in her mind. She had gone to see him to verify in her mind the truth of the rumors she had heard, but in return an unexpected revelation occurred. One even she had not seen coming. He surprised her in many ways, but his words...she had never expected to hear those words. Part of her believed he was only seeking solace from his pain of failed relationships.

"Momma!" She looked down when her thoughts were broken, smiling softly at her cub.

"Yes, Rajat?"

"Play trucks with me?"

He was ever the creative one, and she loved his imagination. She smiled and nodded, getting to her knees on the floor with him as he began to speak in their language. She raised him bilingual.

"Anda mendapatkan biru dan saya mendapatkan merah, dan kita bisa balapan!"
    (You get the blue and I get the red, then we can race!")

A few hours later, after wearing Rajat out, she went downstairs after receiving a call that she had a package downstairs. Assuming her boss had sent her the files she requested, she got an unexpected surprise when she saw what it was. A small stuffed tiger and a single white rose. She looked down and blinked at the items in her hand. Curling her lip back, she turned on her heel and headed back to the room. Careful not to wake Rajat, she closed the door and went into the adjoining part of the suite where the couches and chairs were, picking up the phone and calling the directory.

"John Quinn, Bon Temps...yes...I'll hold."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Unexpected Surprise Empty Re: Unexpected Surprise

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:04 pm

He was just going over the day's reports with Vincent and one of the board members when the phone rang. He saw who it was and smiled. He looked to those in the room and cleared his throat.

"I need the room, Gentlemen."

As they closed the doors behind them, he accepted the call.

"Adalah baik untuk mendengar dari Anda lagi begitu cepat, Tijgerian"
    ("It is good to hear from you again so soon, Tijgerian")
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:10 pm

"Apa yang Anda pikirkan! Apa motif Anda di sini, John? Apakah Anda mencoba untuk merayu atau asmara jalan ke dalam hidup saya? Apa ini?"
    (What were you thinking! What is your motive here, John? Are you attempting to seduce or romance your way into my life? What is this!?)

She was angry, but more angry at herself that she allowed him to kiss her like she had. She planned to hold up a strong resolve for him, disgusted by the fact that he'd been with vampires but yet instead...she believed him when he said it was a mistake. She felt sorry he had not found comfort or love in all the places he searched. But now...NOW! He was using those words, those words she'd never fall for...never. Never would she be burned by another man again, especially John Quinn.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:16 pm

"Tijgerian, pemikiran sederhana. Aku Mengikuti kebiasaan lama. Anda membayar saya berkunjung, saya tahu saya telah mengirim hadiah sebagai ucapan terima kasih atas kunjungan tersebut. Saya harap Anda akan memungkinkan anak kami untuk memiliki mainan. Jika Anda bersedia untuk mempertimbangkan hal itu, saya ingin menawarkan Anda tempat Anda sendiri dalam rumah saya. tidak ada harapan, dan tidak ada aturan. itu karena saya meninggalkan sesuatu bagi Anda untuk pertimbangkan, dan tawaran itu akan selalu terbuka. saya tidak membuat game dengan apa aku berkata kepadamu. aku dimaksud setiap kata. "
    ("Tijgerian, the thinking is simple. I followed the old customs. You paid me a visit, so I sent a gift as a thank you for the visit. I hope you will allow our son to have the toy. If you were willing to consider it, I would like to offer you a place of your own within my home. No expectations, and no rules. I leave that as something for you to consider, and the offer will always be open. I was not making games with what I said to you. I meant every word.")

He smiled imagining her face when the gifts arrived.

"Aku ingat kau selalu parsial untuk mawar putih."
    (I remember you were always partial to white roses.)
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:21 pm

She sighed and closed her eyes, feeling a bit of anger at his 'customs' cover up. She knew he had ulterior motives and sooner or later he would reveal them....in five, four, three, two...and there it was. An offer to live with him. She shook her head no even though he couldn't see. It was too soon and not a good idea. She couldn't, she wouldn't. She would not be sucked in with his charm and the way he made her feel, she closed that part of herself off.

When he mentioned the white roses, she looked down at the rose in her hand and quickly tossed it on the table as if it were on fire. Her eyes moved to the tiger on the table and she shook her head.

"No, I decline your offer. Thank you, but no thanks."

She was silent for a moment before she spoke again.
    "That was the past, I like to leave that where it belongs...in the past."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:32 pm

He smiled. He knew she would not jump at the offer, but it had been made and she would remember it.

"Decline or accept, it does not matter. The offer is always going to be there. I was not making jokes when I told you I still love you, Tij. I know our past was not the love that stories are told about, but it is never too late to begin a new story. I am now in a position to do far more good in the world than I could have back then. I understand your not wanting to be tied down. I am not asking you to be. The rooms will be there if you decide to come by, even if you never do."

He paused for a moment, pulling out a small picture from his desk. It was a simple shot of them together, and had faded over time, but the same fire had been in her eyes last night.

"We are what we are, Tijgerian, and what we do guides that. I was a suitable enough mate in the past, but I would be even more than only that now. Hear my words and take them for truth. I would walk away for you, but I would not want it. If you demanded it, I would stop looking and stop watching, but I would still keep you safe."

He decided not to hold back. This might be his only chance to tell her how he truly felt.

"When we knew each other before, you were already more beautiful than anything I dared to dream. In our years apart, my imaginings did their best to improve on you perfection. At night, your face was forever behind my eyes. And now I see that that vision who kept me company in my loneliness was a hag compared to the beauty you have become. I will always love you, Tijgerian. No matter your choice, that is one thing that will forever be constant. You are my match in every way.”
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:45 pm

She heard his words and in the softness of his voice, she felt like it was the same John she had once known long ago. Biting her lower lip as to not make a sound, she remained silent and let him speak, her mind and heart soaking up each word. She could feel the burn of her eyes as he poured his heart out to her and it only angered her more. This was not supposed to be how it went, she was not supposed to feel this way! She questioned all of it, her own motives and her own feelings. Subjected to his charms, here she was remembering the times they did have before. Times she did not want to remember, not remembering made it easier.

She didn't say a word. She waited until he had finished speaking. All she could do was let out a soft gasp when he said what he said.

"When we knew each other before, you were already more beautiful than anything I dared to dream. In our years apart, my imaginings did their best to improve on you perfection. At night, your face was forever behind my eyes. And now I see that that vision who kept me company in my loneliness was a hag compared to the beauty you have become. I will always love you, Tijgerian. No matter your choice, that is one thing that will forever be constant. You are my match in every way."

She closed her eyes and her mind took over. She hung the phone up and leaned against the wall, holding her head in her hands. Growling, her anger surged and she grabbed the phone and tossed it against the wall, most of it shattering in her hands before it hit the wall. Rochelle came in just as she did so and gasped.

"Tijgerian!" She looked over at her assistant and shook her head no, not wanting to hear it. Stepping over the crumpled pieces, she went into the room where Rajat was still sleeping soundly. In his eyes and face...she only saw John. Curling next to him in the bed, she kissed his forehead and closed her eyes. Humming softly, she tried to forget his words, tried to forget him. More than that, she tried to ignore the pain she felt inside. He'd never understand...and she'd never give him the chance to.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Quinn heard the phone go dead and had a good idea of what had happened. He knew that he had said what needed to be said, but that was only the beginning. He needed to show her as well. He had to make her understand that he was willing to fight to make this work. He would fight for her, even if it meant fighting her. He closed his phone and smiled. He walked to the garage, looking around and grabbed the keys for the Ducati from the wall. Vincent walked in as the door rolled up, nodding and waving, Vivian curled in the crook of his arm.

"I have to try, Vincent."

"Good luck, Sir. Follow your heart."

He nodded to Vincent and pulled on a helmet, tearing out of the garage and heading for Shreveport. He knew he would be on limited time, but he had to try. As Tijgerian's hotel came into view, he turned into the garage. He parked the bike, hanging the helmet on the handlebar. He stopped at the front desk and got a light-tight room, just in case. Then he simply followed his instincts. Her scent was still strong in the hotel and he knew she was close. Once he got to her floor, he walked slowly until he figured out which room she had entered. He took a deep breath. She would either turn him away or let him in, but he had to try. Once she left, he might never have this chance again. He reached up, knocking firmly on the door.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 pm

She closed her eyes and held her son close to her, relaxing with the scent of him and his shallow breathing. No other man could infuriate her like John could. He always had. She'd known him since she was a young woman and she always rebelled against his alpha side. She felt she was alpha...there was no room for two. She was stubborn and cold at times, but it was who she was.

Nearly falling asleep herself, she was woken by a knock on the door. She ran a gentle hand on Rajat's head and kissed his temple before standing from the bed. Rochelle had probably ordered room service. Wearing her white tank top and sweats, she pulled her hair up and to the side. It was always wild and untamed, much like she was. Letting out a heavy sigh, she opened the door expecting to see room service but was met face to face with.....him.

She didn't move, didn't blink, didn't breathe. Why was he here? What was he thinking? She should kick his ass right here and now. She should do something other than stand there. So she did what she knew best, she slammed the door back in his face and turned to lean against the door. Her head fell back and she cursed under her breath. Why, why, why, why! Coming back was a mistake, seeing him was a mistake...that kiss....was a mistake.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 pm

He smiled. That was about what he expected her first reaction to be. He could tell she was leaning against the door, and her scent betrayed her. He knew that he had to try, or he would always wonder.

"Tijgerian, you knew I would come. You know me better than any other ever will. You also know that I spoke truth when we talked earlier. I am going to stand here until you open the door again. Open the door, and tell be you feel nothing for me. Tell me that you felt nothing when I kissed you last night. Show me that you truly believe that, and I will walk away. Prove to me that you do not feel the same for me that I feel for you."

He paused, letting his words have time to sink into her heart.

"Open the door and talk to me. Tell me to go to hell, tell me to come in, tell me something. I know you, Tijgerian, and you know me. You know my patience and I will stand here waiting as long as I need to. You told me once that the proof of a true love was that the person was willing to wage war. That is what I intend, my Tijgerian, I will win this war of the heart with you. I know you still have feelings for me, no matter how much you deny them. That is why you are going to open this door. You will open it, and you will speak to me. I will wait as long as I have to for you to be ready to do it. I know the fear of pain, and I feel it just as much, but I am willing to brave the flames of that fear. I will walk through them for you."

He stood at the door, and rested his hand against it, so she would feel his presence a bit more.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:43 am

She remained leaned up against the door, listening as he pleaded for her to open the door. Him bringing up the kiss had her closing her eyes and remembering it. She hated him for reminding her. John Quinn was not one to give up and she damn well knew he'd stand there until she opened the door. Leaning her head back against the door, she turned her head to the side and felt how close she was to him. It was like an energy. A pull towards him. He hated him for that too.

He wanted proof that she didn't feel the same. Damn him! She had nothing to prove and didn't owe him a thing. He continued to plead with her and she sighed, pushing off the door and turning. Opening the door quickly, she slipped out and closed it behind her. Placing a hand on his chest, she pushed him towards the end of the hall near the stairwell entrance.

"What! What John? I owe you nothing. I do not have to prove a damn thing to you!"

As she spoke she pressed a finger to his chest.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 am

Quinn smiled as she stepped into the hall with him. Their son must be sleeping. He felt her hand on his chest and his hands moved of their own accord, resting on her hips as he leaned in, drinking in her scent. He kissed the curve of her neck and whispered in her ear.

"You already did, Tijgerian. Coming out here proves you feel something. You may not want to, but you do."

He found one of his favorite spots, a sensitive point just behind her ear and placed a gentle kiss there. As he pulled back, he looked in her eyes, smiling softly.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:55 am

She felt his hands move to her hips and stepped back out of his reach only to be pulled back as he dipped his head to kiss at the spot he remembered. Just behind her ear. She tensed and stopped breathing, when he pulled back an looked into her eyes she brought her hand up to slap him again.

"Don't. You do not touch me as if we are lovers. That is the past ad that's how it will remain. I came out here so you do not wake our son and disturb other guests with your constant stubborn ramblings. I...feel nothing for you. I never did."

She was mostly lying, but her need to protect herself and her son were more important than hurting his feelings. She saw the pain in his eyes and turned her head away so she didn't have to see it.

"I'm sorry John."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:06 am

Quinn heard the hesitation and smiled when she slapped him. He laughed softly. He reached into his coat as he spoke.

"You cannot lie to yourself, Tijgerian. You felt something for me once, and I do not believe it is gone."

He pulled out a small pouch and held it up. He opened the pouch and pulled a small length of braided hair she had given him.

"Do you remember this? I swore I would always keep it when you gave it to me that night. I have kept my promise. I always will. Perhaps you only wish to hide from your heart, but your soul speaks of thing you would hide, even from yourself."

He drew a deep breath of her scent and smiled as he put the pouch back in it's hiding place.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:19 am

He was awakening things deep within herself that she had long ago buried. Never could she or would she admit her feelings to him. There was too much risk. When he pulled the small lock of hair she had given him out, her mouth fell open slightly and she looked up into his eyes.

"It doesn't matter John. There is nothing there for us but memories. It is not aligned and I'm not sure if I could see past the..."

She almost said relations with vampires but hesitated as she remembered his words about making mistakes. She herself had made many. He just was not the same man she remembered. He was there...deep down, but that didn't change things.

"It's irrelevant now, I just....I-I..."

She looked into his eyes and growled at her lack of verbal skills at this moment. Grabbing a fist full of his shirt, she pushed against him so his back slammed against the wall.

"Why are you doing this to me John? Why?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 am

He grinned as she grabbed his shirt, pushing him against the wall. As she spoke he simply looked into her eyes.

"Tijgerian,don't you understand? This is your heart telling you the truth. Your mind may want to fight it, but your heart will win in the end. Why not save yourself the trouble and listen to your heart for a few moments?"

He fell silent, losing himself in her eyes as his hand rose to rest on hers gently.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:19 pm

She looked into his eyes, being taller than the average woman, she nearly met his height. Her hands still balled up into his shirt as she thought about what he said. Leaning closer to him, she looked at his lips and then back up into his eyes.

"My mind is far smarter and wiser than my heart. The weakness of a woman is when she listens to her feelings. Mine are shut off...and shut off they will remain."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 pm

He leaned close, searching her eyes for a flicker of a chance. As long as there was an ember left, the flames could be restored.

"Tijgerian, the war may be hidden, but your eyes betray you. I know you still feel it too. It is not too late to make the right choice."

He leaned in, brushing her lips with his own, locking her eyes with his own.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Her breath came sharper and when he brushed his lips against hers, she closed her eyes and began to lean into him as she let her guard fall slightly. Her lips were touching his but not in a full kiss yet.

"Mommy?"

She heard the small voice and her eyes shot open, turning to see Rajat standing in the hallway holding his favorite blanket in his small hand. She pushed away from John and her face went from relaxed to nervous and slightly protective. She stood in front of Rajat and turned to look at John with a look of uncertainty as if she were not fully sure she wanted Rajat to know who this man was. For now, she would take it one step at a time. Rajat was looking at John curiously too, so she knew she had to explain. Before John could say anything she looked back at Rajat and knelt before him to meet his eye level.

"Rajie, this is mommy's friend, John. Say hello to Mr. John." She looked over her shoulder at John and gave him a hard look that warned him not to say anything he shouldn't.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Seeing his son for the first time, he could not hold back his tears. The boy was a handsome one, and had his eyes. He smiled, not bothering to cover the tears, and crouched down to Rajat's level. He spoke softly.

"Hello, Rajie, it is very nice to meet you. My name is John. We didn't mean to wake you, but I'm glad I got to meet you. I've known your mommy for a long time."

His eyes lifted back to hers, gratitude in them. He stood back up and smiled again.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:19 pm

She stood and turned to face him as John approached Rajat. The glistening tears in his eyes and streaks on his cheek shocked her. Really, really shocked her. She was not expecting to see him with such emotion, the John she knew before never showed his emotion...ever. The only emotion she remembered was raw, primal need for hot sex, which was not bad but...it wasn't enough.

She watched their interaction and smiled softly as he spoke to Rajat.

"Hello Mr. John. I'm not sleepy anymore, so it's okay." He looked up at Tijgerian. "Mommy can Mr. John play trucks with me?" He said in his innocent, pleading voice. She looked from John to Rajat and stumbled on her words.

"I-I well, Mr. John, I'm sure is busy. Maybe next time?"

She didn't know exactly what to say, or how to act for that matter. Her nerves had her so tense.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 pm

He could practically taste the tension in her voice. He looked at her carefully before answering. Then he knelt down to look Rajat in the eyes while he spoke to him.

"Well, I cannot stay long, but if mommy says it is OK, then I can spare a few minutes to play."

He looked up at Tijgerian, smiling, with a question in his eyes.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:39 pm

She felt like she stopped breathing, looking from her son to John as she thought and tried to process it all. Finally, she caved and figured no harm could come if he stayed just a while. She smiled and nodded at Rajat. "Sure, why don't you go get them." Rajat fist pumped and giggled, rushing off to get his trucks. She looked up at John and then quickly away from him as she followed Rajat into the room.

He rushed back in with different colors and put them on the floor, looking up eagerly at John. She took a seat on the couch and watched the interaction.

"Here I get red, I always get red. You can have the purple one. We race!" he began to make truck noises that "zoomed" and "vroomed" as he slammed his truck into the one on the floor that was awaiting John.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Quinn knelt down on the floor, taking the purple truck in hand and played with Rajat. He flashed a quick look of gratitude to Tijgerian and turned his focus back to playing with his son. He sat there and played with Rajat for about a half hour and glanced at his watch. He set the purple truck next to Rajat's red one and smiled.

"Thank you for letting me play, Rajat. Do you mind if I talk with your mommy for a minute? I have to go soon and wanted to talk to her before I leave."

As he stood, he reached over and ruffled Ragat's hair gently.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:52 pm

She watched John play with Rajat for a while, smiling as they raced and crashed. Even John made noises for cars exploding and that amused her. She rested her elbow on her leg and held her chin in her hand as she watched them, never losing her smile. After a while, she glanced at the time and knew it was almost time for dinner and a bath for Rajat. Rochelle came in and asked if she should get that started since Tij had company.

"Yes, please. Thank you, Rochelle." Rochelle nodded and Rajat rushed to Rochelle, excited about a bubble bath in the extra large tub he called a pool. He rushed back in and hugged John, "Thanks for playing with me Mr. John." then dashed back to the bathroom. Tijgerian stood and shook her head with a chuckle, slightly shrugging.

"He's...a character."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm