For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Unexpected Surprise

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Unexpected Surprise - Page 2 Empty Re: Unexpected Surprise

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:56 pm

"He's...a character."

Quinn smiled, looking after Rajat, then turned toward Tijgerian.

"Thank you for this. I know you were not sure you should. Thank you for taking the chance."

He walked to where she was, pulling her to her feel and wrapping his arms around her in a warm hug. He spoke softly as he held her.

"I would like to try to be part of his life...and yours...if you will let me."

He pulled back, his arms still around her, to look into her eyes.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:06 pm

She smiled and rose to her feet, almost pulling away when he hugged her but she didn't. She listened to his words and pondered them for a moment. His scent was...refreshing her memories and she closed her eyes. The woodsy, earth smell mixed with his alpha musk that was intoxicating to her. When he pulled back, she opened her eyes and met his. She was allowing his arms to remain, much to her own surprise. She swallowed, thinking of his request.

With a stern voice and eyes that showed that she meant her words, she spoke. "I have a few conditions if you are to be in our lives...." Seeing his face, she continued. "No vampires...not around my son. Or myself. They smell like rotting corpses. I know you have business relations, but I expect that to be the only kind. Don't misunderstand me, if you wish to be in a relationship....that is all your choosing, but if it's a vampire....I will not allow my son to be around that."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Quinn listened to her restrictions and smiled, nodding.

"That seems fair enough. Most of my business is through video conference now anyway. More convenient for everyone involved."

He thought for a minute before speaking again.

"It will take a few days to rotate the security teams. I'll keep the vampires out at the far perimeters away from the house. I can't just fire them for no reason, but they will not be near the house. I do have the occasional face-to-face but those can be done off location and a quick swim in the lake will get rid of any residual scent."

He looked in her eyes, not hiding any of the emotion flowing through him.

"Maybe we could even start fresh? No past demons, no agendas, just a fresh start."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:30 pm

She nodded, accepting his own compromises. "I can deal with that. I want my son to have a father he can be proud of." She knew this wasn't the right time to tell him some of the things she had found out about the vampires he used to associate with, keeping that for another time. She smiled and felt better that he accepted her conditions.

Looking away from him for a moment, she stepped back from his arms and cleared her throat. At his suggestion of starting fresh, she did not see why they couldn't. "One step at a time....I think it would be best." Running a hand through her wild hair, loose curls framed her face as it fell all into place again. She gave him a smile and shook her head. "I could have killed you when I first came to town....and now I'm letting you hug me...." She sighed. "What have you done to me, John?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:33 pm

"I could have killed you when I first came to town....and now I'm letting you hug me....What have you done to me, John?"

He looked in her eyes and smiled, speaking in soft tones.

"I let you in. That is something I never could have done in the old days. It seems that you decided to let me in as well."

He leaned in close to kiss her.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:37 pm

She smiled and went to protest. "I didn't let--" When he pressed his lips to hers and she didn't pull away, not at first. Instead, she did the opposite of what her mind screamed and gave it a chance. Her right hand cupped the side of his neck and her left placed gently on the back of his head as she stepped closer, kissing him back.

She lost herself for a moment and quickly opened her eyes, her hands going to his chest to push him away from her gently this time. She looked down and shook her head. "One step...at a time. I don't...I can't. I just can't. I'm sorry."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm

"One step...at a time. I don't...I can't. I just can't. I'm sorry."

Quinn smiled and nodded, lifting her chin to look in her eyes.

"One step at a time. No need to be sorry. Until you are ready for him to know, I am just mommy's friend, John. One day I hope you feel alright to tell him who I am. Like you said though, one step at a time. I know this first step was the big one."

He checked his watch and smiled again.

"I need to get going. I am glad we got a chance to do this, Tijgerian. Thank you again for letting me play with him. He's amazing and he adores his mother..."

He took her hands in his, kissing the back of her hands as he stepped toward the door.

"Please tell him that Mr. John left the tiger for him"

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:57 pm

She nodded, watched as he lifted her hands to kiss the backs of them. Smiling softly at his compliment that Rajat adores her, she looked down and bowed her head in thanks. Looking back up at him, she smiled

"Thank you for understanding and allowing it to be on my own time and terms. I did not expect such a turnout, but cannot say I am disappointed." Looking to the floor where she had thrown the tiger, she smiled and looked back at him as he retreated to the door. "I'll be sure to tell him. Good night, John." She walked towards the door to see him out.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Before walking out the door, he turned and smiled.

"The rooms I mentioned...they will be there if you want them, any time you choose. I am having a private entrance put in so you can come and go at your own discretion. There is going to be a playroom for Rajat as well as a small kitchenette for cooking. All you have to do is leave a list and the fridge will be stocked for you. As soon as I get back, I will take care of the gate. You will not even have to say anything to enter. They will have to open it of course, but you will have free and open access."

He watched the expressions play across her face and spoke softly.

"There is no pressure to use them, just letting you know they will be there if you want them....and they should have the common room repaired by now."

He chuckled as he stepped outside the door.

"This was fun, Tij. I look forward to doing it again. Next time, I'll make sure to bring a few new trucks for him."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:10 pm

She instinctively stepped back a bit when he mentioned the rooms at his home. It's not that she did not appreciate the offer, but she was independent and would do what she needed to see to it that she and her son were taken care of without help. Without him. It was how it always was, and why would she change that now just because of an old flame. She forced a smile and tipped her head in understanding.

"Thank you for your offer. I will remember it, but I assure you I am fine. Your thoughts and concerns are appreciated. Thank you John."

She smiled and nodded in agreement to his last statement. "It was....nice. I'm sure he would love that. His favorite color is red...if you didn't notice." She smiled and folded her arms across her chest, rubbing her arms slowly as if hesitating something. Finally, she looked back up at him and smiled as she spoke. [color=#9933ff]"Thank you for the rose. It smelled sweet." alized she was smiling like a fool and lost her smile, dropping her arms as she cleared her throat. [color=#9933ff]"I should go, I have a job tomorrow. You should..you should go now." And just like that...she shut back down, where it was safe.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:16 pm

He spoke softly now, seeing that her guard was once again up.

"Kami akan harus merencanakan lebih baik untuk pertemuan berikutnya, harimau betina saya. Mungkin dengan pengaturan yang lebih baik juga. Sesuatu yang kita semua bisa menikmati sebagai teman mendapatkan bersama-sama."
    (We will have to plan better for the next meeting, my tigress. Perhaps with a better setting as well. Something we can all enjoy as friends getting together.)

He inclined his head as a gesture of respect and backed from the doorway.

"I am in room #813 if you decide you want to talk more, Tij. Just letting you know. I'll be there until tomorrow evening unless something comes up."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:21 pm

She rose her head at the information of him staying in the floor above her, this was news to her. She blinked a few times. "813? As in here? You...you're staying here? Why?" She shook her head. "No, don't answer that. I don't need to know. I guess you're right, a planning for next time would be better." Him being so close to her...so very near....it was bringing so much back to her.

"Have a good night, John. I must go. Sorry." She began to close the door.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 pm

He watched as she slowly closed the door, catching one last glimpse of her watching him. As the door latched, he felt more than heard her lean against the door and simply spoke to the wind.

"I can't make you love me, want me, or understand me... all I can do is hope that someday you will. Goodnight, Tijgerian. I hope your dreams bring you as much happiness as you being back in my life has brought me."

He smiled, and slowly began the walk to his room. He knew she would not take the rooms. The wing would remain empty because living under his roof would not suit her. It was not her way and he knew that. As he walked, he pulled out his phone and read Brianna's message again. He flipped out the keypad and slowly typed out his message.
    ~Sorry for delay. Have been out out of touch with everyone while I deal with something. Be careful, you are in danger from Texas.~

Warning her seemed like the least he could do. He didn't know what the future held, and had no idea where to turn, but for tonight, his dreams belonged to Tijgerian. He would have to get in touch with Vincent and make sure all was OK at the house. He made a mental note to do that when he woke. As he got to his room, he slid the card in and opened the door, feeling the cool air in the room and smiling. He would dream of his son tonight...and perhaps Tijgerian as well. He closed his eyes and smiled, picturing Rajat in his mind. He whispered to himself.

"Sleep well, my son. Know that you are loved."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:05 am