For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Poor Emma!

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Poor Emma!  Empty Poor Emma!

Post by Luna Garza Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:20 pm

‎"Mommy! IT HURTS!" Emma cried from her room as Luna made her way towards her with a tray that contained a small bowl of tomato soup, half a grilled cheese sandwich, one of Emma's old sippy cups filled with Pedialyte mixed with apple juice and a liquid pain killer the doctors had given her. "I'm coming, sweet girl!" she called from the hallway.

She walked into the door and felt a tear well up in her eyes; her left arm was in a bright pink cast, elevated on a couple of pillows, eyes sunken into her head and tears falling down her face. She was almost sobbing, and that broke Luna's heart.

She walked over and sat the tray down on the table beside Emma's bed, sitting close to her and pulling her close, placing a kiss on her forehead. "It's okay, baby. Here, take this." She got a spoon and poured the medicine into it, holding it for Emma to swallow down. She did so like a pro, only wrinkling up her nose once before reaching for her juice. She drank it, then ate a bit of her sandwich and soup before laying back down. The medicine took hold relatively quickly and she was out before Luna had a chance to grab the dishes to take back to the kitchen.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Poor Emma!  Empty Re: Poor Emma!

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Sam was at the bar and took a much needed break after it settled down. He thought about Luna and Emma nons-stop. Remembering their camping trip a few days ago, and how he'd helped Emma climb a tree. Only for her to get stung by a bee, and fall and break her arm. He and Luna rushed to the hospital and he sat there and watched in agony as Emma cried out getting x-rays done and blood work. He felt horribly responsible. He made his way to his office and picked up his cell to give Luna a call to check on her. He dialed her number and waited for an answer, praying he didn't wake Emma...and that she wasn't in so much pain.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Emma was knocked out now, the dishes were done and there was nothing else for Luna to do but try and relax, maybe get a bit of sleep before her baby needed her next dose of medication.

She was just about to sit on the couch when her phone went off in her pocket. She pulled it out and smiled when she saw who it was. "Hey you."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:31 pm

‎-Hey, beautiful. How is she?- He asked as he leaned back in his chair and ran a hand through his hair. He knew she was in a lot of pain and he only had himself to blame. If Luna was upset with him, she had every right to be. Her voice sounded sweet and calm, so Emma must be sleeping.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 pm

"She's sleeping right now; they gave her some really good pain medication, so she's not feeling much of anything."

She sighed and made her way into the kitchen to get something to drink. Poor Sam was beating himself up so bad over this, and she had no idea how to make him see it wasn't his fault. It's not as though he knew there were bees in the tree, or that she would fall.

"She asked for you this morning when I went to give her some medicine. She said she needed 'her Sam'." She laughed softly as she poured some orange juice into a cup. "You need to come see her."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:44 pm

He grinned wider than he had in days. -Really? She's asking for me? I promise I will come see her tomorrow. Tonight is just too crazy and Terry isn't in tonight. Please tell her I'll see her tomorrow..- He wanted to leave now and see them but a part of him couldn't bare to see her hurt, plus knowing she was asleep he didn't want to wake her. She needed her rest.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:47 pm

"Sam. Stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault, honestly. She's a kid; things like this happen." She sipped her juice, her heart stopping for a second when she heard Emma cough, groan then fall silent. She quickly made her way back to her room, opening the door and walking to the sleeping Emma; Luna moved a strand of hair out of her sleeping face and kissed her forehead again before turning her attention back to Sam.

"What time tomorrow? I can make dinner and...." She smiled a little bit more. "Maybe you could stay the night? Emma really misses you and I'm really needing to get some sleep." She yawned as she said it.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 pm

He sighed knowing she was right, but still felt guilty. He hated seeing Emma in such agony. He smiled at her invite. -Well, now...I'd be happy to come over. How about as soon as the night shift shows up? Say 6ish? Dinner....and stay the night? Now that's a hard thing to pass up Nurse Luna. I'd love to help you out with Emma...I make a great doctor.- He said playfully.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm

She laughed a little, "You can be my doctor AFTER we get Emma down for the night." She sighed as she heard Emma cough again. "Okay, babe. I gotta go take care of my little girl. She's really, really not feeling good now. The pain meds have her stomach all messed up on top of making her pass out. I'll see you tomorrow at 6? I....." She stopped herself, cleared her throat and tried again. "I'll see you later. Goodnight, Sam."

She hung up and went to her room to change into her pajamas before going to Emma's room and picking her up to take her to Luna's room. She wasn't staying away from her babygirl any longer than necessary. Once they were both settled into the bed. It didn't take long for them to fall asleep.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:47 pm