For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Consultation and Curiosity

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Consultation and Curiosity Empty Consultation and Curiosity

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:59 am

Quinn walked down the hall to the office Tijgerian had appropriated to work from and knocked on the door frame.

"Tij...do have a spare minute?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Consultation and Curiosity Empty Re: Consultation and Curiosity

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:36 am

She was sorting through the files she printed from the email Rochelle sent and noticed a few, far too many for her taste, mistakes. This was very unlike the girl. Since they arrived she appeared distracted and nervous most of the time. Very fidgety. She associated it with her little crush on the security guy but it made her wonder.

Looking up, she saw John in the doorway and waved him in, looking back down at the paperwork as she sorted through it. "Yes, John. What can I do for you? Has Rajat shifted again? I swear I think our son gets a kick out of it."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:57 am

He stepped inside and walked over, resting his hand on her shoulder.

"This is going to sound odd, but have you seen Tolvin? Vincent mentioned he saw him with your assistant. I had some questions about a security log he overlooked."

He chuckled.

"He has been a bit distracted as of late. I think he has interest in her and it is making him a bit lax in his duties."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:02 am

She continued to look over her paperwork even after he rested a hand on her shoulder. Hearing him ask if she had seen Tolvin, she set the papers down and turned her chair to face him and looked up. "Is that so?"

She chuckled for a moment and cocked a brow. "I do believe my Rochelle has a crush on your Tolvin and she too has been...lax. Very unlike herself. Very...distracted." She tapped her chin. "Shall we speak to them or see how this...pairing develops."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:07 am

"You have a point there....Tolvin asked me for time off...perhaps they are trying to resolve their distraction."

He grinned at her, leaning down and kissing her cheek.

"Perhaps we should leave things until after they have their little weekend...then we can bring things up if they continue to have problems maintaining separation of personal and work duties."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:37 am

She cracked a grin after he kissed her. She was warming up to him and that made her...hesitant. She stood and met his eyes as he spoke. "Personal...and business relations do seem to mix in this household don't they?"

She paused briefly. "I've been sleeping well...but I think it was the stress. I'm sure I'll be fine to get back to work soon. I have a scheduled trip in a week...Brazil. We need to discuss arrangements for our son."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 am

"Of course, when you are done with your work for the day, come to my office and we will discuss it."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:52 am

She grinned at him and shook her head. "Now is best as any other time John. What's wrong with this office?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:16 pm

Quinn smiled and sat on the edge of the desk.

"I was just trying to let you finish your day first. would you like to start things off?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 pm

She moved around to face him, walking back and fourth in a pacing motion as she thought. She paused pacing for a moment and looked over at him. "What I do know is...Rajat has become quite attached to you lately."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:36 pm

He listened as she spoke, watching her pace.

"...and I have become very attached to him as well, Sevti....to both of you actually. I like being around you. It feels......right."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:45 pm

She stopped pacing and looked over at him after he said it felt right. Maintaining her stoic composure, she gave a small incline of her head.

"Very well...I know that taking him away from you would only hurt him and I would never want that. Of course I cannot be away from him for so long. It pained me for a week and to know vampires are after him for reasons unbeknownst to me. But besides that, I know that you could be an asset as well. The particular account we are attempting to obtain is seeking out someone to run their entertainment after the inspections and renovations have been completed. I have suggested to George the EeE and he would like to meet with you in a conference call. If you're interested that is..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:03 pm

He grinned and chuckled a bit.

"Of course. I have been curious if I would meet the mysterious 'George' and it seems I will."

He stood, walking over and wrapped his arms around her. He looked in her eyes and smiled.

"I must admit I am pleasantly surprised that you would suggest the EEE to him. This account would open up an area we have not had access to before. I am sure the board will approve any deal I make on it."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:16 pm

She forced a smile and tensed a bit with his arms around her. It didn't take long until she relaxed slightly. She was getting used to him and his need to hold her. But she didn't want him to think she needed it. She was not weak or insecure.

"Yes, George is mysterious in that way I suppose. I suggested the EeE only because I have faith in your work John. Not because I share your bed occasionally. I'd also expect you not to let me down. So, if all goes according to plan you will be joining me in Brazil. Should you choose to."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Quinn grinned at the quick explanation.

"Of course you were thinking of business, Tij. I was not meaning to imply otherwise. I do find it a bit amusing though on a side note. If I go to Brazil, then Vincent is going to insist I take some security staff with me."

He looked in her eyes and chuckled.

"Looks like the fates might be smiling on a few people we know..."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:36 pm

She chuckled. "How ironic. A little birdy told me your security guy has never been to Brazil. Interesting fact this bird would know. I do believe there is something more than meets the eye here. I've never seen Rochelle so flustered." She grinned and chucked again. "It's quite amusing if I must say. Getting all worked up...if I ever acted like that, I'd hope you'd set me straight."

She paused for a moment before stepping around him and going back to her desk to gather some of the paperwork. After getting the folders she needed, she looked up at him and shrugged. "She also can't look you in the eye I've noticed. Perhaps it was because she walked in on...activities." Moving back over to stand before him, she smirked. "Activities I've come to find are very...intriguing. "
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:44 pm

"I've been thinking the same thing. Those two are acting very different from their norm...but perhaps after a bit of free time they will get back to normal. You do realize they are planning to spend the weekend together, right? It is kind of obvious. You give your assistant some time off...then suddenly after years of barely tolerating his scheduled days off, he asked for a bit of personal time off..."

He thought about it for a second and grinned.

"If it makes them happy to spend some time together, maybe we should encourage it...of course not until they go public. I think it is amusing that they are attempting to be sneaky about it for now."

He stepped close to her and looked in her eyes again.

"As for your other observation..."

He leaned in and kissed her.

"..intriguing is not the word I would have chosen but it fits as well as any for now."

He chuckled and backed up.

"I guess I have spent enough of you time for now. Perhaps later we can have dinner, but it is my turn to cook. Let me know when your 'George' wants that meeting."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm

She chuckled and nodded to agree. "No reason to scare both of them with our knowledge. I'll let her have her fun but the next time I get a report with the words 'yummy lips' I will have to speak up. I could only imagine...the research she insisted she had to do. Not sure how yummy lips are relevant to profit margins and inspection details."

She grinned with an arched brow as he stepped closer. He kissed her in his usual teasing fashion and she allowed it. It had been a few days since he...relaxed her. Luckily nothing was harmed in that event. She licked her lips and tasted him again, watching as he stepped back.

"I suppose...I can squeeze you in. After I have time with Rajat though, I promised him a walk on the grounds. As for George, be ready tomorrow. 4 am. He is on a different zone and looks forward to meeting you. He also does not know who you are to Rajat and does not need to know." She gave him a warning look and stepped closer to him, looking into his eyes. She pressed the folders to his chest and smirked. "Now do me a favor and get these back to Rochelle for a redo before her...weekend starts. And don't make my assistant nervous. The girl is fragile. I have a few emails to get out."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Quinn chuckled at her comment about making Rochelle nervous and then grinned.

"I'll take care of it, and will try to keep it simple. Now...where do I find your assistant?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:11 pm

She laughed. "Your guess is as good as mine. Id bet anything if you did Tolvin...you find her...not working."

She sat back down and began to work on emails. Without looking at him she dismissed him. "That's all. Thanks." She was hardcore business woman and that would never change.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:19 pm

He grinned at her comment and watched as she walked back over to her desk. He slipped up behind her, kissing her neck, then turned and headed out the door to find her assistant...

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t2328-helping-her-relax#20736

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content