For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Time-Slot

Dexter Coleman
    Dexter Coleman

Time-Slot  Empty Time-Slot

Post by Dexter Coleman Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:31 am

After been given his orders from a more calmer King, Dexter had decided to take a break from the files that never seemed to end and begin another of the King's orders and alert Miss Trillo that the King would contact her. Dexter knew more or less everything that went on in this place, nothing was kept a secret from him. 

Sitting down at his desk in his office on the first floor that was the main station filled with large TV monitors that linked to all of the security camera's on the estate and around the lands. He quickly typed in the link that he needed to link him to Arabella's computer. Waiting for a response on the other end he sit back and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a box of matches. He pulled a tab from the box and a single match, stuck it up and lit the end. Inhaling deep as he let out a cloud of smoke that swirled around him.

All he had to do was wait until Arabella answered his video call.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Time-Slot  Empty Re: Time-Slot

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:49 am

As the sun set, Arabella rolled over, smiling as she looked as Cassia's sleeping face. She brushed a few stray hairs from her face and slipped from the bed. She walked across the room and noticed the message on her computer. She smiled and headed into the shower. Once refreshed and more presentable, she sat down in front of the computer. She clicked on the link to bring up the secure server chat system. She was a bit surprised that it was Dexter and not William that appeared on the screen.

"Well now. I did not expect it to be you I would be speaking to again, Dexter. Did you not explain that I needed to speak with the King?"
    Dexter Coleman
    Dexter Coleman

Post by Dexter Coleman Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:01 am

Letting out a puff of smoke from his lips he watched the screen change from a fuzzy grain into a full clear black image. Seconds later it flashed again and Arabella appeared on the small screen.

"Well Miss Trillo such a pleasant surprise to see you again" he grinned "And yes, I have spoken with the King and he is busy. He wished for me to contact you to relay his message that he shall contact you when he is no longer occupied. That you should wait for further instructions to contact him" he ended, relaying the King's message to her.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 am

Her smiled flickered to annoyance, but then she smirked.

"Well then...I guess I'll have to find some way to kill the time...any suggestions?"

She winked at him, and laughed softly.

"I guess I could come up with something on my own, but I am curious what you might suggest...one moment please..."

She nodded as the servant girl came in with a glass and a small vial. When she nodded, the girl pulled a small knife from her belt, cutting her arm and letting the glass fill. She then watched as the girl bit the cork out of the vial, pouring it over the cut, and smiled when the cut sealed. Obviously vampire blood in the vial. She always admired Constance's care of her people. She thanked the girl and turned back to the screen, taking a sip from the glass and smiling as the warm blood fell across her tongue.

"Now, Dexter...you were saying?"
    Dexter Coleman
    Dexter Coleman

Post by Dexter Coleman Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:19 am

Dexter inhaled on his cigarette, reaching for his glass of Bourbon taking a small sip. This was the last thing to do on his list before he retired for the evening. He watched as a girl entered the frame producing a knife, cutting herself and filling the glass held by Arabella.

He could not help but smirk at the way she broadcast her nature.

"Oh Miss Trillo, surely Italy cannot be that much of a bore that you wish for the comforts of Louisiana" he joked with her.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:24 am

She smiled at Dexter's comment and nodded.

"Indeed, my young friend. My homeland has much to offer. It is more of the nature of deciding how to spend the time than a lack of options."

She watched as his eyes followed the glass. She smiled and set it outside the camera's view.

"I am sorry if that bothered you, Dexter. Things are fairly open here. Not so much need for subtly with entire bloodlines raised for generations as food stock. Queen Constance and her people make sure all their needs are met, and they simply return the favor. No requirements for seeking out a meal, they simply stop by at regular intervals in case someone is hungry."

She smiled at him and watched his reaction to her words with curiosity.
    Dexter Coleman
    Dexter Coleman

Post by Dexter Coleman Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:44 am

"I have been around blood for such a long time Miss Trillo, there has been quite a bit of it around here recently. A secret that remains between us, the King is not in a stable mind" he told Arabella.

He poured himself another glass of Bourbon to the rim, having another sip before he cleared his throat.

"I fear for the Kingdom that he has neglected to run in recent weeks due to the departure of Miss Griffen" he told her in confidence.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:48 am

Arabella sighed...she remembered Kiara. She was the one who helped her with Cassia's strawberries when they first arrived. She was such a nice girl...even for a ware...

"I am sorry to hear of her departure, Dexter. She was always so nice to us when we were there. I hope it was not our leaving that prompted her exodus. We went willingly, and I am happy to once again be where I belong."
    Dexter Coleman
    Dexter Coleman

Post by Dexter Coleman Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:55 am

"I believe that it had to do with another young woman Miss Trillo, the young woman from across the cemetery" he told her, believing that somehow she was involved after disturbing the King a few nights ago.

Holding his glass he relaxed in his chair, puffing away on his cigarette.

"But alas the King has other things occupying his mind, of course you understand that I cannot discuss with you as I value my life, and all other body parts" he smirked.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:01 am

She grinned openly, her fangs showing.

"Of course, Dexter. I would not ask for more. You have been far more revealing that I even would have expected you to be."

She thought for a minute...

"Across the cemetery? Isn't that the sheriff's sister or something? Never mind. It is none of my business."

She leaned back, taking her glass and sipping from it.

"It is good to hear from you, Dexter, though I am a bit disappointed he could not at least have sent me a note himself. I can always speak to him about that later. I have about an hour before the evening Courts and I must get myself ready. The fashion displays here can be very...interesting. Perhaps when I have more time, I can show you a few of the new outfits here in Rome..."

She winked at him mischievously.
    Dexter Coleman
    Dexter Coleman

Post by Dexter Coleman Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 am

"Maybe that shall teach me not to drink so much of this stuff" he laughed holding up his half empty glass of Bourbon.

Sliding the glass onto his desk he leaned forward on his arms as his elbows rested on his knees, raising his brow at her comment about showing him some of her purchases.

"Perhaps one evening Arabella, but for now my nights are booked with the King's duties...Speaking of which I must return to, the Kingdom will not run itself shall it?" he remarked.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:13 am

Arabella smiled and sipped from her glass.

"Always to Duty do the strong of will fall, my mentor used to say. Don't forget to have some fun in your life, Dexter. If we are not enjoying life, then what is the point?"

She finished the glass, setting it aside and leaned toward the screen.

"Have a good time, Dexter. You mention the Kingdom not running itself and that it true. You can give the rule of a kingdom to the perfect man. But then what happens when the perfect man has a belly ache? It is then that the true power of the throne is shown to be those who support such a man. Keep that in mind, Dexter. Know that Rome is thinking of you fondly, and we will look forward to when the King of Louisiana deigns to speak with us."
    Dexter Coleman
    Dexter Coleman

Post by Dexter Coleman Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:21 am

Either Dexter had not had enough to drink or had to much that he found Arabella's words confusing but of course he would not voice them. He would think on them later.

"I shall of course pass on your regards should the King wish to speak when his mind is else where far from home" he ended trying to be all knowledgeable on wise words "Until next time Miss Trillo" he ended pleasantly ending the video call.

Sinking back into his chair with his glass, he drained it swiftly. He had decided that he had enough tonight, all he wanted was his pillow and a clear head.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:59 pm